Fixed Internally Piercing the Darkness: A very fortunate turn of events pt. 111

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Moonpanther, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Cyrrena likes this.
  2. Jaeded Well-Known Member

You should get a message when you are in each of the correct areas. Go back to each /loc and watch for the message 'this seems like a good location' or something to that effect. Right at the zone-in/evac spot works in Greigs Spire, the ramp up to Seru and right up the steps by the transport bug are good locations. I've hit multiple spots in teeming caldera & Marus plateau. Try the locs listed on https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Piercing_the_Darkness:_A_Very_Fortunate_Turn_of_Events_Part_III
    Cyrrena and Moonpanther like this.
  3. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

That is the one I'm following and yes, I've watched for that and they all updated except the last one. This has happened twice with this quest. The first time after trying for days, I dumped the quest and took it up again. Now I'm at the same place. I'll go back to each spot again and try, but for some reason it's not working so far. Thank you for the reply. It's been hard to even get help with this question.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Here's my list of locs, they're not exactly the same so might help:

o A Seru's Ascent: on the stairs to Sanctus Seru (686, 51, 666)
    o A Marus Plateaus: in the hills with the Zelniaks on leaving Sanctus Pass above The Dawdling Pools (-9, 69, 272)
    o Teeming Caldera: in the trench between the hive and Recuso Tor (-44, 12, 69)
    o A Recuso Tor (-568, 33, 374)
    o At Grieg's Spire: at the turns at the entrance to the area (614, 428, -580). Do an evac or use the drone in -646, 59, 333 .
    Cyrrena and Moonpanther like this.
  5. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Thanks so much, I'll give it a shot.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Gninja Developer

If you still have issues afterwards, let me know and I can take a look and see if your character got into some sort of odd state. I know its the first thing people say to do, but more often than not deleting a quest and getting it again can be more risky than just trying to figure it out. This could be one of those cases but I can dig into it and see if there is some sort of hanging point.
    Moonpanther, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Crazier Member

just did the quest on another of my alts and had no issues
    go back to each location and try again
    Moonpanther and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

It's important that you click the book, read it through each page at every waypoint and if you don't get the update in your journal, that's indicative you're not at the right spot. The first time I did this quest, that was my issue. Once I figured out that you had to read the journal through and then make sure the journal updates, you're gtg. The Teeming Cauldron spot can trip you up if you don't have flying capability. That said, use the Jann Moran (spelling) illusion for the floating capability, fly up to Seru, jump off at the spot where the thought horrors are at, walk up a bit and float down being careful to smack against the cliff a few times to reorient yourself. If you take your time, you can land almost next to the spot, get the in game message, read the journal and see if you get the update. After that, I'd just float down, run to the insect, fly up to Grieg's Spire, run foward, rinse and repeat. Grab the insect, fly down into Recuso, go to inside the temple and that should get it done. Best of luck.
    Moonpanther and Cyrrena like this.
  9. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I usually port to Grieg's spire, update book, fly to Recuso - update book -, fly back to grieg's spire and jump above the plateau -update book -, jump down into the trench to below where the elemental are -update the book-, then run back to Seru's entrance and update the book.

Usually the problem comes from not being in the right spot when trying to update, but nothing in the quest says which point you're missing, that's why I gave you my set of coordinates that I know are working. I had a player with the same problem talking to me a while back and he/she was trying to update too high above the trench for the teeming caldera update and book didn't give the update.
    Moonpanther likes this.
  10. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Will do, haven't been on the game because of it, too frustrating, but I'll check into it tonight and see if I'm still having the issue. Thanks!
  11. Vulnare New Member

Well it's now my turn to be bugged.

I have completed the entire crafting TL on 2 characters, and I never had this issue.
    But now on character #3, my 'main', i'm hopelessly bugged.
    I did what I always did.. no go.
    I did what's in these message - no go.
    I did finally delete and start over - no go.
  12. Vulnare New Member

I'm going to update this, until I figure out what's wrong, or give up and put in a ticket.

I have 9 alts to run through this quest, so I went on to my next one.. one who has not
    done the signature line yet, so doesn't have flying..

It worked like a charm.

the character it doesn't work on, already had flying from the signature quest.
    I'm going to go back, and unequip my mount and do it on foot, and see if that
    fixes it... and if I must, I'll delete the quest a second time and try that, on foot.
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Vulnare New Member

I had much more luck with updates on foot, than when flying. I wonder if flying breaks the trigger sequence.. I don't know.
    I thought I had it with the no-flying workaround, but nope, the 5th update would not take.

Gninja contacted me to look at it.
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Gninja Developer

Should be all fixed up. Let me know if anyone sees this happen again. It should be a very short list of folks that got into an odd state after launch. Going forward it shouldn't be an issue. I will continue to keep an eye on it though, just in case.
    Vulnere, Breanna, Bludd and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.