EQ2 need Changes!!!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Tupperbeast, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Tupperbeast Active Member

Dear Devs: #Kander,#Caith,#Gninja,#Kaitheel

Everquest 2 really needs some changes in terms of class balance, some of which are still broken, as well as changes and versions in the current addon that many think, as I see, are not really factual and luckily thought through.

- Change Mastercraft Gear to 160 Resolve and let peeps start Heroic Content, many Server have trouble start or found Groups many cant get the Zones require to start is a Fact.

- Stop Pay to Play and the bad Design of RNG and good luck like a lottery with Overseer

- Let peeps Farming hunting for stuff to get better back to Oldshool hit with friends some awesome stuff and kill Bosses

- Change some stuff like Fervor from Game i dont see really need on the Abilitiy no Clue which Guy think is a must for a MMO or in EQ2 was never Designed for some stuff like that. Answer is better no need in Addon we get new Runes and other stuff fix it.

- Same for Crafter peeps, give the guys more Action and or Chance the Skills for we only real need one Abilitiy is like Gathering can uses for Stones Roots or other stuff makes a lot easier. And let Crafter buy books stuff after finish a Sigline, and again stop RNG farming over and over merchants Quest or Solo Zones or Overseer for recipe.

- Make Raid and Heroic Content and Solo Zones more interesting for all EQ2 Players .

- Holly say a nice Word EQ2 is in good Hands, sorry to say i see more like a bad development for the game i play the Game from begin i see not really a good reaction and Communication palyer vs. Devs or Support. Since some good peeps left the EQ2 Community.

- Criticism is there to accept and to find solutions not to oppress others in a negative way and to make mouth dead, you have to go strong together in this matter and see a new solution and opportunity to create an almost 16 year old To let the game continue to run or to integrate new ones and above all to want to change. In addition to money, it also plays a personal and above all with heart and understood a great role to want to do so.

- or Change for some Solo Players or heroic Players the stuff on Merchant so can buy with learned Coins some stuff or Runes , will help the full Game too.

big Thx and have fun Hunting Guys

2. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

People have been saying this for years and we still get the same old copy paste with new art. I think at this time you either accept the gameplay or move on like a lot of players already did because I think they hate feedback at this point.
    Tekka and Tupperbeast like this.
  3. Drona Well-Known Member

At this point we are all on the Titanic and the better option is to look for another ship and take as many friends as can with you. :(
    Tupperbeast likes this.
  4. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

EQ2 is an old school and the old school is loosing ground as far as I understand it. Classic Heroic and Raid x 12 and Raid x24 approach with find-yourself-how-to-kill-boss scripts is not attractive to new players I think.
    EQ2 Public Quests is a very good twist in my opinion where anyone can jump in when they want and it does not require a lot of preparations and knowledge.
    Mycenia likes this.
  5. Drona Well-Known Member

This has nothing to do with EQ2 being old school and everything to do with EQ2 being mismanaged and funds harvested from it by various owners.

Old School is doing well. I mean WoW, now WoW classic and even FF14 all follows same gameplay loop and pattern and they are doing very well and are very healthy with far less P2W crap.
    Arclite, Xevran, Quillyne and 2 others like this.
  6. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Problem is they refused to add modern MMO tools such as LFG for people who dont want to sit for hours spamming a chat channel. Problem is that they thought every MMO players wanted the WoW formula so they tried to emulate it as closely to wow as possible. They thought people didnt care much about crafting so its gotten the back burner for many years. They thought people hated oldscool MMOs. Contested zones, contested raid mobs were some of the best content back in the day. The problem is they think the current formula of weeklies and a monthly quest is considered content enough to keep players busy outside of raiding. They thought they could just keep on piling different system on top of each other and everything would turn out fine.

And what are we left with now? A broken discount version of wow with 1/16th the content of a wow expansion.
  7. dorotea Well-Known Member

Forums tend to generate a disproportionate number of negative comments - since people that are generally content tend to focus on playing the game rather than haunting the forums. Interspersed with passionate fanboy defenses of everything that is criticized whether there is a legitimate defense or not.

In general there are always things that can be legitimately criticized - no person and no company does a perfect job. But having played many MMOs over many years I think I can fairly say that things are much better than the naysayers would have us believe, although not as good as the fanbois claim.
    Cyrrena, Spindle, Sigrdrifa and 5 others like this.
  8. Tupperbeast Active Member

9. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

People tend to misuse forum and forum as it is rather discourage new and existing players instead of promoting the game.
    Benito, Mycenia and Bentley101 like this.
  10. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

You are absolutely right. Way too many people on this forum defends the game to no ends and refuse to tell the truth about the state of the game.

Lying to new or returning players wont help you revitalize the game. Fixing the game will.
    That guy. and Erudinel like this.
  11. CSP84 Well-Known Member

Well if i were to use a phrase about future content it would be like this :" Expect new Championship/Glory/Juxta/Witness Runes "IX" in a different color slot in roughly 7-8 months time".
    At the moment most people hope that with a change in leadership there might be a change in Game Design.
  12. Erudinel Conceptualized a turd in a toilet sometime in 2005

Acknowledging the state of the game would be step one. It is sad, but it is in a sad state at the moment. Budgetary concerns and limited manpower have really scaled back what they call an expansion these days. To be fair its been trending that way for years. Its like watching a car accident happen in slow motion.
    Jaeded and Tekka like this.
  13. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

This is a very fair post.

Additionally, there is the objective route (i.e. feedback through Test Server and Bug Reports, PM to Dreamweaver or developers) and there is the emotional route (i.e. EQ2 Flames).

No game will touch perfection; people complained about the state of this game 15 years ago. I think the forum is here for the five stages of grief (lack of perfection, constant change): (1) denial, (2) anger, (3) bargaining, (4) depression, and (5) acceptance. You can see which stages various people are on. The negative nancys are probably on stages 2 and 4, the fanbois on stages 1 and 5, and most players (silent majority) between stages 3 and 5. :)
  14. Oranorn Member

I place myself in category (6) bored at work waiting to go home and play.
    Evguenil62 and Benito like this.
  15. CSP84 Well-Known Member

While i like the message i think we need to understand that this is not a KoS, EoF or Rok like expansion were little things might not work as intended but an overall good gaming experience /expansion. The recent rise of negative comments is connected to game design decisions. Therefore if there was better game experience right now i would believe there were less negative comments.
  16. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

I'm resigned to infer that the folks claiming that the majority of folks posting on gaming forums are in general only a vocal minority of negative people have not actually spent much time playing other active and healthy games.

If one goes to the forums of WOW, ESO, FFX14, GW, even EQ1, etc you'll find that the majority of folks posting there are discussing content, build ideas, strats, lore, decorating.....They're asking questions, their sharing ideas, they're having fun (EQ2 used to be this way back in the day).

Sure, there are always going to be the negative folks no matter where you go. "XXXX hates my class","This game is dying", "Nerf XXX class", "This is the worst game ever, total rip-off"...but, they're more often in the MINORITY.

My sense of the sentiment present on these forums is a combination of frustration (mostly) and anger (often enough). Frustration because the quality of the game relative to the price is way out of bounds (please don't counter with any f2p/sub only arguments - those are highly misleading assertions), and anger because folks don't feel the EQ2 team is being candid with them.

Angry people tend to be honest people, but sadly, history has shown that criticism of design decisions are out of bounds and will be ignored.
    Rosyposy, Tkia, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  17. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

EQ2 has had an LFG tool for years. It's just nobody uses it because it sucks. It could never put together a decent group comp, and it would zone you in before everyone had accepted the group, so half the time only 2-3 people would actually zone in.

Anyway, what EQ2 needs, is an investor that actually gives a crap about the franchise enough to give it the resources it needs. Unless they hire more people, I can't see how the current model is sustainable in the long term.
    Rosyposy, Tkia, Xevran and 6 others like this.
  18. Tupperbeast Active Member

It is not about people being afraid or depressed or something that many do not understand, we players pay for a service that is not provided or does not match what we pay. To be clear, we pay an addon and a member fee annually and this money should be invested in and around the game in addition to salaries. What Daybreak is missing is simply a team that works and expands with each other, you can clearly see that some things are not right at the moment for the people who have been playing for a long time will see the differences more than new ones, but at the same time it will be a total deterrent if nothing happens or it happens generally more friendly, these are reasons that men should take seriously as a normal game factory. It's just like grading at school is simply not enough to get a good degree.

Only when everyone pulls players and the team around Daybreak together to find solutions can it become better again and possibly also interesting for new players.

:D;)
    Rosyposy likes this.
  19. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Game design changes create anger, fear, and depression. I believe some of the changes may be there to encourage some micro transactions.

I fear for EQ2. I am concerned that this game is not taking in enough money. This is symbolized by the fact that EQ1 Anniversary T-Shirts sold out within 1 month but all EQ2 Anniversary T-Shirts are still in stock. EQ1 is even offering a free Heroic Character and foregoing 3500 DBC per purchase revenue. EQ1 devs are constantly in communication and making adjustments with their player base.

I will say this: EQ2's F2P model is too generous. You literally only need to pay for the latest expansion ($35 per year) to enjoy most of the content. This forces the devs to subsidize the losses with micro transactions. Does it create a vicious cycle (players get offended by micro transactions)? Maybe.

I am thinking that the subscriber model should have been tweaked long ago: only All Access players can do Solos (and beyond) and craft in the latest expansion. It seems draconian but I don't believe EQ2 is receiving nearly enough revenue to remain sustainable. Sadly, even the negative Nancys on here will be begging for a GoFundMe if the powers that be cut their losses despite the best efforts of the devs to bring in more revenue.
  20. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Can't Edit.

This revenue model problem is not only limited to EQ2. I believe Planetside 2 has the same issues (no incentive to purchase a sub) but they receive a lot of exposure and limited competition as an MMOFPS.