I notice a conspicuous absence of Daybreak games at PAX East this weekend.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Zinj, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

2. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Holly's bones in her right hand are adamantium.
    Oranorn, Siren, Benito and 2 others like this.
  3. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

It seems that Holly rules with an adamantium fist!
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

SXSW and summer music festivals are cancelled over coronavirus concerns.
  5. That guy. Well-Known Member

Looks like that sword is as rusty as the game it's for.
    Argosunited likes this.
  6. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

EQ1 has 26 servers and tens of thousands of players. It’s doing just fine.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. That guy. Well-Known Member

Then they should be able to buy a new sword.
  8. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

What you see on the sword is cake frosting not rust. LOL.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Erudinel Conceptualized a turd in a toilet sometime in 2005

Do you have a citation on the number of players, or are you just pulling that out of thin air?
    Tekka likes this.
  10. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

It is based on General channel hopping I did a month ago on a weekend. Each server held about 400-500 players in General chat. (Even EQ1's Test Server holds a steady population of 300). A handful of server General chats spawned a second chat with another 200 so that would put those server numbers at 600-700+. Newer TLP servers are heavily populated and I didn't even bother checking them. Those numbers would easily push into the 10,000-20,000 range.

Granted, some people run 2-6 boxes. But I am not accounting for people who are not in General chat. Pop is declining moderately as people complete Torment of Velious expansion.

I was surprised by the numbers myself. I thought some regular servers were dead but that was not the case.
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Erudinel Conceptualized a turd in a toilet sometime in 2005

I applaud your self confidence in your pseudo data analytics. But you have answered none the less, they are assumed numbers based off of a flawed methodology and corrupted by your biased opinion.

I truly mean no offense... But EQ/EQ2 has not published sub numbers since the first half of the last decade. There is a reason for that. There have been countless server merges in that time frame. There is a reason for that. Game performance has taken a nose dive in that time frame (likely due to moving the servers into VM environments with shared resources). There is a reason for that.
    Tekka likes this.
  12. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

If you didn't notice, I was responding to 'That guy' mostly in jest rather than engaging in the rigors of a peer-reviewed scientific journal. :p

Chillax.

I'm happy with EQ1's pop.
    Breanna likes this.
  13. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

That's chocolate cake. Which actually was quite tasty.

I avoided the sword cut parts though.
  14. Erudinel Conceptualized a turd in a toilet sometime in 2005

This day in age? Why wouldn't you be licking the icing off the sword or door handles for that matter! Its the.. door handle challenge.
    Tekka, Rhodris and Breanna like this.
  15. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I just full body shuddered.
    Tekka, Rhodris, Erudinel and 2 others like this.
  16. Ratala Active Member

I'm with Dreamweaver on this one.

Look around when you are out and watch people.
    Some don't wash their hands after using the restroom.
    Pick their noses and then put what ever they got some where.
    Some put their hands down their pants, front or back and do what ever then touch stuff.
    Then there is the nose blowing, reused tissues or hankies or just using their fingers.
    The coughing and sneezing into their hands.

This is just a little of what you can see in public and all without washing their hands. Everything you touch when you are out of your house, someone else has touched too. The grocery stores, department stores, doctor offices, dentist offices, post office, work place and the best of all, the restaurant. And most everywhere has a door to get into or out of.

Think of all those open bowls of chips and other goodies that people just grab with their hands and put it on their plate. Some of that food falls back into the dish. Even if they use what ever service pieces provided, they touch that handle and then so do you. Oh and don't forget the handle on the coffee pot or the drink dispenser.

Just a little food for thought :D

This little Ratonga is just going to sneak out of here and go back to playing eq2.
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Breanna Well-Known Member

So true! We do eat at restaurants, but we never ever eat at gatherings like weddings, graduations, ect.... And I hate public bathrooms where you have to grab the handle and pull to get out. I always was my hands and then use the papertowel or whatever to open the doors. Actually our Rite Aid store now has a dispenser of sanitary wipes right when you walk through the door.
  18. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Lately I've had to wipe down my keyboard and eyeballs after each visit to the forums.
    Breanna and dreamweaver like this.