Layout Editor issues

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Ladislava, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Ladislava Active Member

Hi guys,
    Is anyone else having issues with LE opening very slowly? It takes four to five minutes for it to open my with file. It started after the newest expansion. Sometimes I have to exit the editor and reopen for each group I want to create. Any help with this would be appreciated since I decorate the guild hall this could take hours to do if I keep having to exit and open or wait five minutes.

Thanks,
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

How big is the saved layout file you are opening? If it's huge, that will take longer. Does it still run slow on a small layout, such as for an inn room?
  3. Ladislava Active Member

Yeah it does
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Okay. If it's slow with everything...

(1) Close everything and reboot your computer. Does this help?

(2) Consider uninstalling the layout editor then do a fresh re-install. Does that help?

(3) If neither of the steps above helped, I'd suggest running through the entire Major Geek's Malware Removal Protocol. It will guide you to reputable and free tools that will let you do some housekeeping on your computer. I do this about 3-4 times a year, Just Because.

It's unfortunately really easy to get various types of malware on your machine, especially if you visit gaming sites (including the wiki, though if you log in to the wiki you get served fewer ads, and it's the ads that sometimes are vectors for malware), or look at naughty sites (which again have ads with malware), or use file sharing of various types (use a pirate site, don't be surprised to be attacked by pirates), etc. But these days you can even get served bad ads on otherwise unobjectionable websites sometimes, so occasional maintenance helps clean up your machine and keep it running faster.

(4) If none of that helps, I guess I'd open the PC up and dust thoroughly with a can of compressed air, make sure the fans aren't blocked by a wall or the side of yoru desk etc. and that the CPU/interior aren't overheating.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  5. Ladislava Active Member

Thanks I'll give a go and see what happens
  6. JesDyr Well-Known Member

If anything I would bet it is notes or groups that is causing the issue. try turning off "Auto import external groupdata" and "Auto import external Notes" in Settings. It will still get groups/notes from layouts saved from the editor, but will not get them on layouts saved from EQ2.

Uninstall doesn't completely remove everything. I cant remember if the uninstaller cleans up the notes and group data files from C:\Program Files (x86)\EQ2LayoutEditor\Assets\ I know it does not clean up the config in %localappdata%\Eq2LayoutEditor
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Are you still coming up with new versions of this, Jes? :)

Mine's at 1.7.2.16.

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.