recipes above level 50 ?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Geroblue, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Marae Well-Known Member

The quests in Withered Lands will give you some of the TS books (including some of the advanced books) as quest rewards, and there are a few quests in Vesspyr Isles that also give you Advanced books. I think book 90 is from Obol Plains, and you'll also want access there to get your pack pony upgraded.

At level 100 you'll need the Deepforge books for doing rush orders, so you'll need faction with Maldura - which I found to be a fun questing area, and well worth the time for the other items you can buy from their merchants. You do level reasonably fast from 100 to 101 doing the level 100 writs.

I second that on Altar of Malice - very useful rewards! Be sure you go back and do some of the TS dailies there; there's a backpack recipe you won't want to miss!
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  2. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Mine is public as well and I do keep up on the rent.. It's the small guild Hall in Frostfang Sea, visit Ghostdragons. This is on Skyfire. When you go in, go to the right to get to the broker, crafting etc. I deleted all my HoF characters though, so I can't pay the rent for that one or test server, sorry. I only have Skyfire now
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Semperfifofum like this.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I took Starghallson on Skyfire up to 110 tradeskill level so I could get the harvest pony. That way I can supply my depots like I have been trying to do on Maj'Dul. Cost me $35.

edit:

Forgot to mention I went to Raven's Roost and bought a plethora of recipes.

Need to do that for my Maj'Dul 110 tradeskill character.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Looked at the New Hallas 5 room houses, too bad the windows don't actually have a view.

Nice stairs, large room, etc.

So what is this citizenship tax requirement ? I don't I have very many characters who are amiable to New Halas. Or is this something else ?
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  5. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

You need to be a citizen of Halas to buy a house there (or a citizen of Qeynos to buy a house in Qeynos, or a citizen of Kelethin to buy a house in Kelethin). Same goes for evil cities.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  6. Tkia Well-Known Member

Not anymore. You can buy as long as you belong to the right faction. My HOF wood elf owns a Halas inn room for travellking convenience and my Kaladim wood elf just bought an acorn the day before she switched her citizenship. My test woodworker bought a large Halas house just so she could build a boat in the basement ;)
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I'll check, but I think the toon I was using to look over the house is amiable in New Hallas.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Ah, thanks a lot and nice to know. I mostly bought houses with chars from the city I'm buying it so I didn't remember it.

Geroblue, you won't be able to buy in Halas if you're evil-aligned.
  9. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

I think Tkia's right - I sprung for the Halas guildhall (I'm a Qeynos citizen) as a friendlier option for my FreePort alts (and 'cause the guild is just Wulf, Myst, and alts right now). Kind of a moot point as I cleared it out before our account subs run out in a couple weeks.

(Quiarrah did an INCREDIBLE job decorating, and I made sure to save the layout in case things ever improve.)
    Rhodris, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Don't have any evil characters anymore.

The toon i am thinking of buying a room in New Hallas, is amiable to there.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Good aligned can buy in New Halas, and Evil aligned can buy in Gorowyn. The Gorowyn homes are nice and large as well.
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, I checked the wiki and the only way to get a tax free license card is to have a loot card from Legends of Norrath.

This is the 5 room over the the tradeskill devices.

The Housing NPC down by the docks doesn't have anything like that, mostly furniture.

Is there some other method ? Or am I missing some info ?

Thanks.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Ah, thats a prestige house.

Anyway, I got the 1 plat house with the balcony for Nejiara on Maj'Dul. Looks like the docks below, but it isn't. No big deal.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You can use your Daybreak Cash to buy the loot packs for LoN from the marketplace but its a lottery as to whether you will get the tax free housing license. You would have to look up on google which LoN season and such the tax free housing license you want is from so you buy the right loot packs. Sometimes people will sell the tax free housing licenses on the broker but they are usually insane amounts of plat.
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Lots of that 'insane amounts of plat' going on.
  16. Marae Well-Known Member

Gero, if you go right around the corner from that "New Halas Magical Manor," you will find Manors of Erollisi, which is exactly the same size and layout. It does require weekly upkeep, but it's not that expensive - 7 gold - and there is no status cost involved. I have that house on one of mine and I really like it.

Good aligned can buy in New Halas, Kelethin, and Qeynos, regardless of city affiliation. Evil aligned can buy in Gorowyn, Neriak, and Freeport, again without regard to citizenship. Anyone can buy in Maj'Dul with sufficient faction, and there's a prestige home in Thurgadin available to all.

Interestingly, even though you can't buy city housing in an opposite-aligned city, you can redeem a prestige home in either Freeport or Qeynos, regardless of your faction. One of my characters betrayed a while back; she kept her houses on the Evil side and after building up her faction bought houses in all the good cities. I also got her the Thurgadin home and a house in Maj'Dul - she now has at least one house in every single city! On a whim I decided to try getting her a prestige home through Freeport, and it worked. Now she can sneak in and out of there from two different locations. :D
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I did get the multiple room with they flying mount landing. Too bad it doesn't allow owner and trustee to go to the dock from there.
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The Thurgadin Grand Hall is nice because when you just use the arrow and exit the house into Thurgadin, you are in the crafting area. I have that house as well.
    Breanna likes this.