Quick mytics question..

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Ekantania, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Ekantania New Member

Just came back to eq2 after about 10 years.. I made a mystic this time since i never tried one and so far i love it (soloing as melee) But just had a conversation in chat and was told that mystic debuffs and slows are pretty much useless in eq2? is this true? i had figured it would be more like eq1 where slow is very powerful and debuffs actually help?

P.S. in eq1 the mercs are insanely overpowered to the point that healers aren't really needed for groups at all.. same here? should i even bother learning to heal groups?

Thanks guys.
    SynergyBlaize likes this.
  2. morderir Active Member

merc are overpowered until 90+ and then its downhill :). heal/mana regen merc still usefull in solo at 100+ and may help in heroic if well equipped. but they won't replace an average/good player. forget the dps of merc at high level :) wet noodle will be more effective .

beware too . the mechanism of eq1 and eq2 are very different , there is nothing like a eq1 shaman slow in eq2.
  3. Ekantania New Member

Thanks... personally i hate mercs :( they stop people from grouping and MMO's should be more grouping:) Shame about the slow thing.. so far i love this toon even more than my old SK..
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

At lvl 90+, no healer merc can keep up in heroic content.
  5. SynergyBlaize Member

Which type of merc do you suggest after 90 please?
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

For heroics? None cut the mustard. For a healer? None are really worth the time. None add enough damage to make a difference and, as a healer, healing isn't needed. If you really want a merc, go with an inquisitor merc for verdict.
  7. Bludd Well-Known Member

the one that gives the best/most merc battalion buff
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

That only works for mercs you pay to 'hire anywhere'. It's not affected, in any way, but what merc you have out and are 'using'.
  9. Bludd Well-Known Member

dolla dolla bills yo, its not that expensive. spend some of that 500 you get monthly
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

My comment was not about the cost, just that which is useful to 'have out' has nothing, at all, to do with the merc battalion buff.
  11. Bludd Well-Known Member

so youre saying a non-unlocked merc being active doesnt remove the merc battalion buff from the last unlocked merc you had up?
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

A merc that is useful for the battalion buff may, or may not, be useful to have out, especially since there is no official word on what merc types give what buffs.
    It doesn't answer the question about which merc is useful to have out.