New poisons on raid merchant.

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Zynt, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I believe that the last poison my 120 Alchemist can produce is around lvl 92 ish. I could be wrong, but there are definitely no 120 poisons to be made. The fact that these are on a raid merchant, forgetting the fact that they are buggy as well and tend to disappear after purchase, is not okay. I'm gonna be cliche as all get out, it's a slap in the face (That's the first time I have ever used that phrase. Smh.)

Every day something else makes it clearly obvious that there is a move towards making crafting a non-factor in EQ2.
  2. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Your Alchie can make lots of potions! Oh wait, we get them in truck loads as Overseer rewards, never mind.
  3. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Dear Norrathian Crafting Community:

Thank you for purchasing Blood of Luclin. We regret to inform you that do to organizational realignments and in the interests of efficiencies, we've had to make some difficult decisions that were decided on last year.

In case you hadn't yet noticed, the following crafting classes have been laid-off:
    • Weaponsmiths
    • Armorers
    • Tailors
    But please take heart, it's not all bad news!
    • Woodworkers, you're still free to make and sell arrows, throwing knives, stuff like that.
    • Sages you're more than welcome to craft spells if you have the recipes.
    • Alchemists and Jewelers - We don't need all the crap you guys make, but, you're free to craft spells if you have the recipes.
    • Provisioners - We'll be in touch!
    • Carpenters - Hi.
    Warmest Regards,
    EQ2
    Kuulei, Tekka, Rosyposy and 8 others like this.
  4. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

"Additionally, please don't submit /petitions or /bug reports, as most of the customer service staff was laid-off, and replaced by an email bot that will redirect you to the players-helping-players forum, as we no longer provide assistance with Blood of Luclin related issues."

Bark, bark, grrr, grrr, we're here for you!
    Arclite, Tekka, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  5. Gninja Developer

It's Grr, Bark, Bark, Grr...

Please do not take his advice and please do /bug and /feedback.
    parissa, Prox, Breanna and 8 others like this.
  6. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Why? Honestly, why? Is that going to get the player crafted armor and weapons fixed? It's obviously broken, just like all of the other itemization in BoL, and its been bugged and fedback since beta. There was as much thought put into itemization as there was in the copy/paste job on the list of item changes in the patch notes update today.

Is it going to get Alchemists new poisons? Obviously you have the resources to make them since they're on the raid merchant.

Is it going to get the rare harvest chance in BoL zones fixed for the rest of the nodes besides roots?

I would be ashamed if the vast majority of items I took the time to create were either never going to be made, and I promise some of these MC fabled items will never be made, or instantly transmuted/salvaged. The team has managed to nullify three crafting classes, relegate 4 more as sacrifices to the RNG gods, and turn one into an ammo dispensary. There's barely even a reason to make potions since we're overflowing with them from Overseer missions. I can make enough ammo for myself and the entire server in 15 minutes to last until Fippy breaches the walls of Qeynos. Not that it makes a huge difference between what's available and what I can grab off a merchant.

There's as much reason to /bug /feedback as there is to level my weaponsmith past 110. I'd been better off leaving the armorsmith, weaponsmith, and tailor at 100 so they could do writs for faction since you all decided to take that away as well.
  7. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Someone pointed out yesterday that the writs aren't just for faction, but loyalty tokens for members. So after hitting 111, can't get faction or loyalty rewards, 'cause there's no writs. I gave up on bumping that one in the bug forums too - there's been what, 3 or 4 things even acknowledged in the bug forums since Kander's post about improved communication? And at least one was Dreamweaver moving the complaints about harvest levels, since "it's not a bug."
    Quillyne, Zynt, Tekka and 5 others like this.
  8. Argosunited Well-Known Member

They were also useful for City Tokens for the City Festivals. Of course no word on fixing writs. Maybe I'll go bump some stuff.
    Rosyposy, Quillyne, Zynt and 2 others like this.
  9. CSP84 Well-Known Member

When seeing the Raid Merchant and whats on offer i had the following thoughts.

They didn't have time to start the class balance for adventure classes, so they started a Class balance for crafter classes.

Step 1 - Phase out the Alchemist class.
    Tekka likes this.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

More like, "Phase out crafters entirely except for Provisioners and the Scholars who can make Expert spells, and kill the Scholars off as soon as most of the server has their spell upgrades."

Carpenters and Tailors haven't been able to make bigger boxes or bags in forever. This expansion's craftable armor, weapons, jewelry, etc. is worthless since it's worse than what you get doing the sig line. I guess Woodworkers and Weaponsmiths have to be content crafting nothing but ammo.
    Wulfgyr, Rosyposy, Dude and 8 others like this.
  11. Nawtey Active Member

Do you think they are taking this into consideration now that planning for expac 17 is underway (based on Kander's comment in Discord last night)? Or should I save any effort that would have gone into crafting for holiday events, etc.?
    Tekka and Zynt like this.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Since no one at DPG has said word one about the vision for crafting, we know nothing, other than the fact that BoL crafting is FUBAR.
    Tekka, Finnwizz, Dude and 9 others like this.
  13. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

In the words of the immortal Zynt:

Church!
  14. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Right now Stevie Wonder has more vision than crafting in EQ2 does.
  15. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I'm thinking they better start fixing some stuff, and reconsidering some of their bad changes, or pre-orders might suck a bit for them next time around.
    I sure as hell won't be buying into it before I see what they've done with crafting.
    Kuulei, Tekka, Finnwizz and 3 others like this.
  16. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Same.
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Co-sign.

I got it twice in the ding-ding last year: Pre-ordered Anthem, and then BoL. No more preorders for me, evah!
    Tekka, Rhodris and Breanna like this.
  18. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Yep, and I expect you won't continue to hear anything either, because if said "vision for crafters" was publicized, I suspect a lot of folks would cancel their subs. Like, right now.

If it feels like you're being strung along, it's probably because you are. Next year will tell for sure.
    Tekka, Finnwizz, Wulfgyr and 2 others like this.
  19. Breanna Well-Known Member

Not that sure I want to wait a year to find out o_O
    Semperfifofum, Finnwizz and Wulfgyr like this.
  20. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Omg, I'm dead lol.
    Tekka, Zynt, Erudinel and 3 others like this.