PQ's Outdoor and zones are dead...Devs help

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Tangris, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Tangris Well-Known Member

Make PQ's great again. They are dead, no rewards make it worth it, please do something to make them worthwhile, I like them.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Even something worth spending the tokens on would be an improvement...
  3. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

EQ2 has rarely done expansion PQs well... Yet they insist on putting them in each year. The overland PQs are lost about a month after expansion release. The instanced PQs seem to depend on if something else is driving them (such as Ethereal event).

It's a shame, they just can't seem to make them work
    Zynt likes this.
  4. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

They don't work cuz they don't make any worthwhile items come from them. Sure there's one or two "gotta have it" items, charm/weapon, but other than that what's the point? I've already got the charm, so I don't need to do coast PQ anymore, and once I get the weapon(If I even decide to chase it), there's no point in doing the PQs afterwards. And to further expand on Mermut's point.. in prior expansions, you could at least buy top tier infusers with tokens *shrug*
  5. CSP84 Well-Known Member

Overland Zones in general but also the cities of Freeport and Queynos could use some "dynamic dungeon" stye events or questlines. Furthermore HQs, L&L and Language quests should be more often available and not logged behind "No-Trade" Collections.
    Smaller Signature questlines would go a long way as well. "An Ugly Bounty" in RoK is a good example,
    Tangris likes this.
  6. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

They don't have the staff for it.
    Kheldar likes this.
  7. CSP84 Well-Known Member

Nobody is asking for this to be all ready at expansion launch. But every other Month or GU bring in Events and questlines instead of only new Zones.
  8. Arclite Well-Known Member

A plethora of threads on the RNG and quality of items already exist and I doubt they will ever do anything about this for whatever reason.

That said, these major hindrances can easily be overcome if they made the worth items like the 195 resolve stuff and runes behind the merchant pay wall where you needed to grind like 5000 or more expansion currency to buy the item you want on top of a chance of them dropping either in PQs or other zones etc.

It will make PQs and other stuff absolutely worthwhile doing. This is glaringly so obvious, I just cannot fathom as to why not do this except to delay people in clearing expansion.

It is excruciating, frustrating and mindnumbing to see people getting those items after a few runs and there you are after hundreds hours putting into the content, queueing up for laggy/buggy PQs and have nothing to show for it.

You really have nailed the skill of pushing people away I must admit.
  9. Silkmyst Active Member

Hey all,

So I'm not a raider currently, but a long time player. I kind of missed CD, but did tons of Public Quests during POP.
    I like those a lot, got spells, gear, merc gear, they were fun! I came back after a break to the very end of CD, started
    BOL PQs and so far have ONLY gotten infusers!

In fact, on Skyfire, it became a joke "PQ up, come get your infuser!". After weeks of hitting PQ, I got zip but infusers.
    This wouldn't be so bad, but every time I turned in Twilight Marks for a mission crate at the vendor, I also got.... infusers.
    So, I kind of gave up on both. My infusers no longer work on my gear, I have used up all I can short of crafting, which I haven't done yet.

I miss having good gear from the Public Quests (or heck anything but infusers). In POP, I felt I could get close to heroics,
    and better than advanced solo gear. I was right there to start one whenever I could.

In BOL, I've already given up. I'm not super lucky on the RNG, but I mean....... I'm not THAT unlucky either. What's with the endless infusers? I would take house items, coins to turn in for something "other" than infusers, spells, lottery cards, a diet
    coke...... a plushy of the Devs? :)

Silk
    Zynt and Rhodris like this.