HOF IS DOWN ...again

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Naoisse, Feb 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naoisse New Member

Server crashed over half an hour ago, and I still can't get in. Any chance of this being solved tonight?
    Thanks.
  2. avashi Active Member

I am so glad I saw your post. I've tried to log in multple times but each time i get a different reason for why I cant get into the game rofl..
  3. Shannanoa New Member

I was also playing and HoF crashed. Locked. Server Down in red letters.
    Please please, pretty please, someone do something to make it work again.
    Thank you.
  4. Alenna Well-Known Member

I"m still in but then I did not try to switch characters still on my SK who i've been running through the CD sig line. My Friend I was playing with was switch characters and can't get in all his HoF are locked
  5. Fiadhe Member

I still can't get in - 45 minutes now :((
  6. avashi Active Member

looks like only HoF is down :(
  7. Kasich40 New Member

I'm pretty new here...so I was astonished when I got the message that said my characters could not be found on the server. I thought maybe I did something wrong and lost my toons. I more than a little relieved to see it is a server issue & not just me.

So please tell me this isn't a recurring issue?

EIDT -- w00t! I'm back in now!
  8. Golum Active Member

Greetings DBG Team,

Perhaps we can get an explanation as to what happened to the HoF server yesterday?
  9. Alotta Junkin'Datrunk New Member

hof down again today. still no explanation anywhere i can find. been trying to get in.
  10. Naoisse New Member

Was switching zones and HoF server went down, can't get in, says it's locked :mad::eek:
    Please could a dev do something about this? It is a daily thing now.
    Thanks
  11. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

HoF is back up now. Not sure about yesterday, I will ask.
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Golum Active Member

Perhaps...
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

dreamweaver will find out , if there is something to find out .
    Maybe one of their hamsters got loose and chewed on the wires
    Or maybe some other rodent ( quietly sneaks out of the server room )
    Breanna, Zynt and Ryonyx like this.
  14. Ryonyx Member

HAHAHAHAAAA
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  15. Nunja Well-Known Member

HOF acting like it is crashing again. People can't log in after being booted to desktop. This has been going on for days now. Every night it does this.
  16. Nunja Well-Known Member

OK log in and zoning is fubar
  17. Zylara Well-Known Member

You know I can handle the slow zoning most days, I can even handle being booted to character select but what annoys the (politeness required) out of me is not only being booted to char select then told cant find my character in game plz rerun the patcher and this has happened to me over 6 times already today in the 8 hrs Ive been playing, so not only wasting my time on zoning and getting botted but then having to shut down and restart patcher again and again and again and again
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Starting to see some noticeable lag on Skyfire. Was in Butcherblock, doing the E-day quest (7 other people in zone), and the obsidian dervishes were skipping a bit. Haven't noticed any issues with zoning, so hopefully it's just an intermittent thing.
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Almee Well-Known Member

Welcome to Maj'Dul. The problems you are citing, with HoF, are a constant problem on MD. I have been booted to character select at least 10 times today (I stopped counting) and it is only 10:30am, est. Not exactly prime time.

This has been a constant problem since BoL launched. I have no idea what that xpac did, to destroy the game, but each day I find it harder and harder to force myself to log in.

And problems aren't being solved quickly or effectively. While all of my 40 characters are now doing the same apprentice quest, each day, it is the same apprentice quest each day. Right now it is stuck on tool belts.

Overseer quests are still resetting themselves but at least I'm getting some nicer rewards in between the stinky ones. I quick look at the bug forum will give you a good idea of what some of the other major bugs are that haven't been fixed.

It is really depressing. I was counting on EQ2 to help ease me through months of chemo and bed rest. Instead, it has been one problem after another.

It must be really hard on the people who have limited time to play. At least I have multiple accounts so I can play in areas that have been previously debugged when things get really crazy in BoL. Of course that only works if the servers are running smoothly--or running at all.

I wish DB would let us know what is holding up getting all of these things fixed. It would also be nice to know if they have an idea when these problems might get fixed so we would know whether to hang tight or move on. But we know that isn't going to happen so I'm looking for other ways to spend my time. Does anyone know what the closest MOG, to EQ2 is, that doesn't involve DB?
  20. Kittik Well-Known Member

Umm...If anyone is curious...Kaladim is working fine. Come on over and remember how great EQ2 used to be.
    Ryonyx likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.