Holiday Overseer Quest

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Katzandra, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Katzandra Well-Known Member

After finishing the overseer holiday quests on one character on each of 2 accounts, I was able (as indicated in EQ2 Trader article) to get the quests on a second character on each account. However, when the quest finished on the second character, I could not get the quest again for a third time. Is this a bug? Is there a reset timer for getting the quest?
  2. Enica Member

I first did this quest on one character on Test and I finished it. But now I can't get it on any other Test characters or on Live. :(
  3. Katzandra Well-Known Member

I was wondering if this had something to do with the 18 hour timers for quests, but one account is able to get the quest as soon as it has been finished. The other account gets a response from the quest giver which implies the account is still tagged for having the quest. Time to petition? :D
  4. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Try it after midnight and see if it works
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Playz4fun Active Member

Just an FYI, there is currently a thread on Test about some folks not being able to get the quests. I completed the series twice (and got the achievement) on two characters on Test on two separate accounts.

Now, none of my characters, on Test or Live, are able to pick up the quests. A number of folks have said they are having the same issue. Kaitheel is looking into this for us.
    Katzandra likes this.
  6. Hiburp Member

Same here. Finished on 2 toons, now can not start on any others including the orginal 2.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

There is a thread about this in the Test Forum in the Erollisi Feedback and Bug thread and Kaitheel is gathering all the information he can get so he can fix this. You all may want to pop into that thread and add your information.
    Katzandra likes this.
  8. Katzandra Well-Known Member

This was the response I got from a petition:
    Today at 12:02
    Greetings,
    This is a known issue to our Development Team at this time. We hope to have it corrected soon. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know.
    Regards,
    Game Master Serl
    Daybreak Game Company, LLC
    [EQ] Official Forums
    Cyrrena likes this.
  9. Malahk Active Member

I think that is a copy/paste reply to everything in the game now, sadly.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  10. Alenna Well-Known Member

I just finished it on three toons and started int on my fourth looks like they fixed it
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  11. Xianthia Well-Known Member

It's still not fixed. Not everyone is experiencing the bug, which I guess is good but probably bad for trying to figure out why it isn't working correctly across the board.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  12. Xianthia Well-Known Member

13. Katzandra Well-Known Member

I have the bug on my "main" account but my second account can get the quest repeatedly.
    Cyrrena, Xianthia and Breanna like this.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Most of the people that I am seeing are experiencing the bug have completed at least one of the Erollisi Overseer quests on two different servers.
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Ziabis Member

Would some one let me know if the holiday overseer quest line is also on the MajDul server live now OR only
    on TEST?
    Thank you
    Ziabis
  16. Katzandra Well-Known Member

It's working for me now on both accounts on Maj'Dul.

Another thank you to game staff for getting this fixed!
    Kaitheel and Breanna like this.