Patch notes

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Zynt, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Can y'all start putting the entire patch notes up? Things like food/drink buffs being stripped when leaving instances, level range being taken off of the description of harvests, BoL items not being able to be salvaged and transmuting into 2 expac old materials, changing icons on Overseer missions, changing achievement adornment rewards, new expert CAs/spells being doing less damage than the previous tier of the same CA/spell, disabling crafting writs post 110, slowly murdering crafting, etc...
  2. Tangris Well-Known Member

You need to post this under bugs as well.
  3. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Everything listed is in bugs, some of it has been for weeks.
  4. Vunder Well-Known Member

The food is intentional confirmed on discord.

Most of these are not bugs they are intended
    Pixistik likes this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

It's odd that they list every single item that is renamed, but leave out mechanics changes...
    Patch notes that are complete in a useful fashion would be lovely
    comprehensive List of all mechanics changes
    followed by a single line
    'a number of items have been renamed/had spellling errors fixed'

Instead we get
    exhaustive list of every renamed item
    zero information on mechanics changes :(
  6. Argosunited Well-Known Member

So why not put it in patch notes? We're not all on Discord.
    So they intend for you to lose equipped food and drink, every time you zone out of an instance?
    Juraiya, Pixistik, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  7. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

So now along with Outfitters the Provisioners have no reason to make anything from BoL. And I realize that most of it's not a bug, it's intentional, and they do not communicate with us that they are doing these things. How much time does anyone spend in overland areas at this point? What's the point of long duration, high stat food that requires rare mats and costs 1000s of plat if it is just going to be stripped off every 10 minutes?

How TF has crafting gotten so ridiculously terrible? What's the point? What's the vision here? Why is it not communicated?
    Quillyne, Geroblue, Rhodris and 4 others like this.
  8. Argosunited Well-Known Member

It’s almost like they don’t want us to know what they’re doing, isn’t it.
    A bit of transparency from them would go a long way right about now. This change just seems really underhand to me. Talk about angering your player base, they’ve just hit max level and heading over cap.
  9. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I hate watching ineptitude, poor communication, and underhandedness **** on something I loved so much. It took 15 years but the relationship has run its course. Thank Tunare there's a plethora of private server EQ1 iterations. Here's looking forward to some for EQ2.
  10. Oradim Well-Known Member

I think QFT is appropriate here.
  11. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Its quite possible there may actually be an EQ3 in the works and if they run this one into the ground we will all go our merry way to their nice shiny new game.
    ???
    LOL
    Anyone else here remember Star Wars and NGE?
    This feels like that
    Wonder how that will look on a resume when they are standing in line for another job, my only hope is their next potential employer will be an ex EQ2 fan, cause I can promise you that if my job performance was as poor as what I have seen here I would be out on the streets.
  12. Vunder Well-Known Member

Yes, it is their fix to a 3 year old bug they are calling an "exploit" that is linked to fount buff.
    Rhodris and Zynt like this.
  13. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Let's get this straight. The food/drink buff is a exploit. The level range description is a likely bug (displays correctly on Test according to Niami). Icon changes? Meh. The other issues mentioned are probably balance related or delayed fixes (EQ1 players understand that expansion are basically still in beta 2.0 after release).
  14. Siren Well-Known Member

Playing Guess the Mat Level is even more intriguing than Where's Waldo....not.

They're both horrible, lol.

I question that they stuck several new hire newbies onto EQ2 to develop and patch BoL, so that the experienced team members could transfer over to begin work on EQ3.

Last we knew, there were what, 10 devs working on EQ2? Now the newest Darkpaw pic has about 40 people in it. There's no other logical explanation for the bump up in devs. If they were looking to sell, they'd want overhead down as far as possible to keep them in the black I'd think.
    Zynt likes this.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

That picture includes EQ1 and EQ2.. and not all of them were necessarily devs.
  16. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

That's not the point. Once again you're moving your lips but you're not saying anything.
  17. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Lol please. Oh and, goodbye.
    Siren and Zynt like this.
  18. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

:rolleyes: There's a comedian in every crowd
    Siren and Zynt like this.
  19. Almee Well-Known Member

I am so glad there are a lot of players testing and reporting bugs associated with BoL. By the time I really start adventuring there, they should all be worked out.

I've found enough bugs to warrant calling in an exterminator, and I have just been fooling around in BoL. Other things seem to be intentional but boggle my mind. So to keep stress levels down, I generally only play in BoL's entry-level area about once a week for a couple of hours. That will probably keep me busy until the next xpac. Hopefully, by then, DB will have all the wrinkles ironed out so that it will be enjoyable to play there.
  20. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Let's agree to disagree. An exploit is something that a small (size of pool can vary) group of people use to extract an advantage in game over other players unknown to the devs. Point of fact, this "bug" existed at least two xpacs ago, everyone in the game knew about it and so did the devs. There was ample opportunity to actually correct the problem, which never occurred until recently and let's just say the "fix" had unintended consequences. To call something an exploit that has been common knowledge in the gaming community by all involved and let run for almost 3 years is ludicrous.
    Tangris, Siren and Lateana like this.