Hunters.

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Adoninilol, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

At this point i'm curious if you made these items/quests this morning and rushed it out.

Sanctum of Scaleborn and Palace of Awakened basically never split into second zones, and a lot of nameds have a 20-1hour long respawn, you're gonna stick 5 groups fighting over one mob just for my bot group with auto target to beat literally any player group in game. Fix this.

This has to be a serious troll.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Lets start left to right.
    Crossbow: Fine, unsure of why you think 26 ability mod = 4.2% casting speed or 4.9% reuse but here we are.
    Buckler: 4.3 Haste is absolutely worthless compared to 4.2% casting speed or 4.9% reuse. Stat equivalencies are still all over the place.
    Brawler weapon: I'm unsure as to what brawler wouldn't prefer block, or mitigation increase over that pitiful fervor or multi attack.
    Bludgeon: Perfect opportunity to make a dps brawler weapon. But that didn't happen.
    Brand: Deathsave charm doesn't have tank/healer stats on it, the two people who are going to bother to get this item. Why?
    Sky Hunter's Badge: 0.9% AoE Auto. Is this a joke, are you trolling? This entire item is worthless considering the necklace gives max health, any tank/player who wants the bolster clicky would obviously get the neck.
    Stilettto: Perfect, still unsure as to why you think a hunters offhand should have 20-30 more rating than any weapon in game but moving on.
    Medallion: Solid, max health on dps gear once again is worthless.
    Signet: Max health/hate gain is worthless.
    Tank Shield: Since you're determined to make claymore/any other shield in game worthless compared to the hunters you might as well give it actual tank stats like block chance and mitigation increase.
    Sky Hunter's Cloak: More 0.9% aoe auto, this cloak basically has three blue stats, please add the fourth when you feel like it.
    Mizgamer62, Kalika and Rose Fire like this.
  2. Jdark New Member

tank shield is not that bad the protection is big over raid stuff. Swap the ability double cast for mit or block. As a tank the next item I would get is the signet. Swap the hate for mit and give it more def skills 25/8 like the medallion.
    Oh and I have NP with 20 min-1 hour re-spawns...creates fun.
  3. Kalika Well-Known Member

Yes Ado this hunter quest is really the worst possible.

Ran it yesterday and we had to clear almost all of HOF which is filled with crap trash, unless you get a monk it is just super boring, especially considering that there is no item you may want, and on top you cannot even PL people since the quest is 70+.

Vaults was a bit faster, but still lot of trash (i think you may bypass some with a fd tank but i never ran this instances but once for the claymore).

Then we had to kill POA named, the iron snake timer is long and people need it for claymore, it is the same for the named aviak nearby. The level 70 dragon shade is also on a long timer and is also used for the claymore. Last we have another small dragon on the very last level but this one drop gems (1 per group) for the claymore too.

Itemization is quite terrible, priest get haste which is useless, amod values are ridiculously low (4.5 reuse should correspond to at least 50 amod, not 25-30).

We have to do the quest 15 time for one item, and 30 for two.

So just remove the contested mob and simply ask ONE instance or may be two but in that case the first named should validate.

Asking people to spend 15 x 90mn to get a single item is ridiculous.

We have like 15-20 equipment slots , so even if the hunter item is twice better the globaal impact is opnly 100%/20 = 5%.
  4. Hydraulics Member

These items are best in slot. Some effort should be required. Asking them to change it to one heroic per day is not reasonable.
    Nuhvohk and Sixgauge like this.
  5. Kalika Well-Known Member

I could not disagree more, content is trivial , boring, asking 15hours + for a single item , with mindless repetition is not resonnable.

Today hunter ask 3 instance, so 45 instances that can all be duoed for an item that will last in the best case 1 extension and half ....
  6. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

What do you want, just hail a NPC once a day for a hunter coin? Most of the items are nice upgrades, but never a shortage of QQ.

I was hoping Nizara and Forsaken City would be on the list though.
    Nuhvohk likes this.
  7. Jupiter Member

During prime time last night getting a named in each contested zone took about 5 minutes. The whole quest took less than an hour.

If you think the items are bad, don't do the quest. It's working as intended, learn your class. :)
    Nuhvohk likes this.
  8. Zenji Well-Known Member

You think 15 hours for a guaranteed item that will last 4-6 months is not reasonable? You are playing the wrong type of game.
  9. Rayzor Member

Maybe I'm rusty or bad but it took me two hours last night to get the coins. I think that's reasonable - I also had fun with my pals chatting and trying to outparse them. I think heroics are great fun and the hunter items are sadly the only reason to do them with itemization as broken as it is.

Back to the real issue of the thread (the items), granted I'm new back to the game, but if I am prioritizing the right stats I think I need to get the buckler and crossbow for my wizard. That means my signature claymore item is useless and now I need to chase offensive skills and arrows to use my ranged attack. Is there a reason there's not a wand or a main hand item? Priests and fighters get a main hand and an offhand offering - why not the scouts and mages?

Thanks again for the content all the same.
  10. Kalika Well-Known Member

LOL, i was fed up with HoF after running it 3-4 times for claymore and HQ quest ... and for raid i usually loose interest when we cleared an instance twice ;-)
  11. Kittik Well-Known Member

Yeah, but now you have to do that 15 more times! For 1 item.
  12. Hydraulics Member

For an item superior to any other item currently available.
  13. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I wouldn't call it superior. I can find an offhand with 3 reuse and 3 casting at the moment, that basically makes the shield somewhat null for my mystic. Once casting speed adornments come out I would take the shield, but that means it's in EoF and I find tons of other items with just as much if not more reuse, and items like the dark orb of the mind. If we get the Growth 2hander it's useless.

The crossbow is better than the healer claymore option, but it's not a significant enough upgrade for me to care.

On my Templar I can't really use the shield because its protection value isn't worth it. I guess I can use it on a druid, but if Growth 2 hander comes out, or I have a chance to get dark orb. Rip that idea.

Can't use the hammer because Soulfire has a huge mitigation boost.

The ring offers as much reuse as any other item.

So what does this leave? Scouts/Fighters have a great offhand choice. Everything else, the items are somewhat mediocre or comparable to raid loot.

I'm just annoyed at the inconsistency of these items, their either best in slot, decent, or trash. If the idea is for the items to be incredible cool whatever. But to make half of them ****, or comparable, then have a few best in slot why.

I just find it so stupid that I raid weekly, get an entire raid force together, recruit, and do all this work just to get loot comparable/better from doing heroic zones you can duo with a templar/SK.

In my opinion, heroics should be made harder, these items should require 10 dailies, and not 15 a pop. It's a serious annoyance that instead of adding rare and unique items to heroics that make people run them they instead put in this daily quest to mitigate the failures in the itemization.
    Mizgamer62 and Kalika like this.
  14. Kittik Well-Known Member

So does this:

Sky Hunters Medallion offer 8.6 Max health over all? Look at the blue stats and the verbage.

Because this:

Sky Hunters Guard offers 4.3 in blue but not in the worded description below like the Medallion does.
  15. Hydraulics Member

The medallion has a temporary buff that gives those additional stats.
  16. Kalika Well-Known Member

Yeah heroic are so boring, no game play at all, my sk can thorw an arrow in a room filled with mob and we will leave, dps can pull, it s absurd .. and yes i can box these instances but it s too slow.

Nobody even look at what drops ..
  17. Kalika Well-Known Member

I was not offered a range item for claymore, may be i will check the shady dealer to see if i missed a great wand ;-)

Where is the casting on those items ? Why do some have 6 blue and other only 4 ?

I m not sure which one i will get on my fury, the crossbow probably but what is this stupid doublcast, casting speed would be 10 times better .

Why do we get only 26amod ? heroic gear has like 20.

Where are the healer items with reuse/casting spped and amod ?
  18. Shady1 Member

Wait, I thought botting wasn't allowed on TLE?

I've been over here two-boxing two wizards, set the hot bars up identically, and manually pressing the buttons for 1 wiz with my left hand via keyboard and the other wiz clicking the mouse with my right hand.

How the hell do you manage to run 6 toons with only two hands!??!?!
  19. Rayzor Member

I'm not sure why it ended up this way, but so far running daily hunters I've only had to really "camp" a spawn twice and it was for less than 30 minutes - both times in PoA. It's certainly better than I expected.

Regarding the blue stats I also feel that the stat equivalencies are way out of balance, looking at you ability mod, but if you consider the hunter items passive effects - it's actually much more. 1.4 fervor is a great standalone blue stat, but if you add 1.4 from Power Overwhelming and the 4.9 reuse from Flay the Beast then it's actually a six blue stat. And we're not talking about the fighter blue stats, we're talking the glass cannon types.

Anyway to my point, do power overwhelming and flay the beast stack from multiple items? Can I have 9.8 reuse and 4.2 fervor from the buckler and crossbow? I imagine I'd have twice the chance to proc Flay but I can't imagine that additional 4.9 reuse stacks with itself, too.
  20. Kittik Well-Known Member

Nizara, City of the Nayad is a challenge.
    Kalika likes this.