Server Maintenance - January 28, 2020

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Throw some Bailey's and Kahlua in there, and I'll have one! ;)
  2. Prox Well-Known Member

Add some Ghee , coconut oil , mct oil and remove all the sugar , the syrup , use just whipped heavy cream with no sugar. Then I would have this .....lol
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Always iced tea, black, no sugar, no anything in it, just ice!!!!

And do not put your food on auto consume to go into an instance or it consumes your whole stack when you exit, so all that fancy expensive food is gone!!
  4. Robynous Well-Known Member

Did they "fix" the Search for Thistle quest? I did it on a couple of toons a few days back and it got them from 110 to 112! Today it seems to have hardly any effect at all!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

OMG!! Seriously?! And this is a FEATURE now??!! :mad:

Oh, c'mon; this original bug->exploit couldn't've been worse than the bug->exploit that helped destroy the Broker economy (that, and the Kronos...just make it so the Kronos can't be sold for more than 10K plat and that'll help get the inflation under control, at least a bit)! Why punish everyone else for a few slobs who could've been in the "jail" server for that? :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Rhodris and Breanna like this.
  6. Naramsin Well-Known Member

Make mine Bengal Spice tea by Celestial Seasonings or Numi Tea's Moroccan Mint. Whereas normally I have them iced, I just recently tasted them hot and they are just as good, but if you are gonna sweeten the tea go for some Wild Honey, Raw and Unfiltered, but to each his\her own.
    Cyrrena, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Dude like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Careful about unpasteurized honey with anyone too young for solid foods yet... :-/

Are these flavors "real" teas or "just" tisanes (herbal "teas")? :)

Uwk
    who'd go for either, really, depending :)
    Cyrrena and Naramsin like this.
  8. Naramsin Well-Known Member

The honey I use is called Naked Wild Honey by Barkman Honey, LLC, and it warns about feeding it to children under one year of age

I am not a tea expert, but what I do know is that Moroccan Mint is organic and has an earthy mint flavor to it without the caffeine.

The Bengal Spice has a cinnamon-like sweet taste. It's listed ingredients are:
    - cinnamon, roasted chicory, roasted carob, natural spice and vanilla flavors with other natural flavors, ginger, cardamom, black pepper, cloves and nutmeg.
    - The box lists 0 calories and 0 grams of carbohydrate indicating no sugar.

Both teas are great iced or hot, and helped me to manage a cold I had just after New Year's Day, but I would drink both at anytime!
  9. Arclite Well-Known Member

I was referring to the update notes and the overall state of the expansion. Given your proclivities on the forums to hone in on the crux of the posts, I would've thought that, although slightly subtle, my concerns and sentiments had an overarching tone. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  10. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Apologies, I should have gathered that, my brain has been a little mushy from a cold the last few days.
  11. Breanna Well-Known Member

I hope you feel better soon Dreamweaver :(
    Dude, Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I'm on the other side of it! Thank you :)
    Rhodris, Dude, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Awesome! I think I'm just now getting on the wrong side...my throat's not liking me. :-/

Suppose I should go for one of Naramsin's suggestions, with perhaps at least lemon for the vitamin C... The rest of the ingredients sound perfect for dealing with the cold head. :)

Uwk
    Naramsin, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Glad you are feeling better Dreamweaver!!!

Hope you get feeling better Uwk!!
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Me too! The Swap's coming up; I'll need all the energy I can get...

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, what I've been able to find out, at least on Public Test: first off, according to Wikipedia, there are very few Solo instances that are actually named that, or considered that in their lists. I went for the highest level one mentioned, which was Crystal Break, with a stack of 100 each of Tier 2 food/drink (Level 10, it said; nice to know some things still have levels listed on them), Rations and Flasks of Water (because I wasn't gonna risk my good food/drink, that's why). Went into Crystal Break eventually, after convincing the Ry'Gorr orcs that yes, fine, whatever, I like them now and vice versa. Things were still green in there to my level 100 Necro, so I figured it was a "legit" Solo instance. Had the Auto-Consume on before I went in, during, and after I left (via the official door, rather than just zoning out via Fast Travel or other means).

Apparently, my lousy food/drink were just fine, and I didn't lose any of them; on the other hand, I wasn't sure if I lost any of the minuscule bonuses they were granting me, either, so it wasn't a good test of that. :-/

I'm debating about getting a stack of the "good" stuff and trying again, to see if it disappears or I just lose the buffs, but I'm not sure where else to go as far as Solo instances go? :-/

Uwk
  17. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Is this on Luclin? As far as I know, those are the only zones affected.
    Breanna, Dude and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

AH! Nope, don't have the expac yet, this was just something I was trying on a level 90 Solo instance. :)

Thanks for that! :D

Uwk
  19. Naramsin Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that! Well, if you are still dealing with it, I hear Echinacea helps strengthen the immune system. Also drink plenty of fluids, build up on the Vitamin C, Chicken Soup, and the whole nine yards.

Naramsin
    - Who doesn't want to sound like Uwk's mother, but understands that colds suck and wants Uwk to get well as soon as is humanly possible -
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, I was very stern with it all and, if that's what it was (and it certainly felt like it was threatening to go full bore), it backed off after only a few days. What it might've actually been was an incipient bout of flu, but this is the first year I actually got a flu shot, so I guess they work! :)

And thanks for the advice, Naramsin! :D

Uwk