Harvest materials level removed with today's patch

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Sylvermune, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Sylvermune Member

Really?!?! Why?

Seems to be all levels have been removed from harvest materials.
    Soara2, WhysperWynde, Qeen and 11 others like this.
  2. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Just posted a thread for this in the Bugs forums. Please give it a like in order for them to see that we want it fixed. :)
    Soara2, WhysperWynde, Qeen and 6 others like this.
  3. Marae Well-Known Member

Oh, good lord. *bangs head on desk* I hope to all the gods this was a mistake and will be fixed immediately. We have baby crafters in our guild - they have enough to confuse them as it is!

Thankfully, in a depot you still see what level the material is, but it's gone from the description. It just says "This looks as if it could be used for crafting." That is about as helpful as a description on a weapon that, instead of level information, says, "This looks as if it could be used to hurt someone," or armor that only says, "This looks as if it could be worn."

EDIT: Juraiya slipped in while I was writing. Will head right there! Thanks!
    Soara2, WhysperWynde, Qeen and 9 others like this.
  4. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I have to admit that when I read this, I burst out laughing. This is such a perfect analogy! Especially about the weapon! :D
    Soara2, WhysperWynde, Akbar and 5 others like this.
  5. Clawrift New Member

Who thought that removing the level from crafting materials was a brilliant idea? They are idiots.
    Soara2, WhysperWynde, Qeen and 9 others like this.
  6. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Probably the same person that thought stripping food/drink buffs when leaving an instance was a good idea.
    Soara2, WhysperWynde, Rose and 10 others like this.
  7. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I'm going to weigh in on the /bug side of things. (DO get a /bug in please)

It seems on live, they are sorting correctly in the depots at last, but the level isn't showing on an examine.

On Test, they're sorting correctly, display the level info on an examine, and display BoL mats as 120 for level sorting purposes.
  8. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

I AM A CRAFTER AND I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M THINKING OF LEAVING MY FAVORITE GAME = EVERQUEST II !! Why on God's green earth have the LEVELS of the CRAFTING INGREDIENTS/ HARVEST ITEMS been removed??? I now need Brellium & you expect me to go to an outside source, for a list of ingredient levels at an advise site about EQ2 foraging/crafting? NO I don't think SO! Since you haven't removed the Levels themselves for the items why did you remove the Level Information? This just doesn't make sense and I don't think I'm the only crafting player that you're going to lose. What do you expect us to do? What is your workaround for us to combat this major mistake? You really should just remove the levels themselves off of all the minerals, lumber, etc. and any area we go to will possibly have what used to be Level 1 to Level 120 items to forage. Of course that'd be even more confusing. See the confusion you've already caused?

Well, I'll be at Yavin Temple collecting gems & lockboxes in Star Wars the Old Republic if somebody wants to alert me when & if this MAJOR CRAFTING LEVEL PROBLEM ever gets fixed..
    Soara2, Rose, Akbar and 8 others like this.
  9. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Ok, I know it cannot be just me that feels that every single time they do an update, we end up with more broken and less fixed. They already made a mess out of crafting and I did not see how they could make it any worse but they did.

I am with WhysperWynde on this one. I have about had all I can deal with. They better fix this whole mess of a tradeskill boondoggle or they will see more leaving and taking their $$ with them. Enough already !!
    Soara2, WhysperWynde, Rose and 12 others like this.
  10. Ephras Active Member

Why did they remove level information from harvest materials? It makes the game harder to play, especially for crafters. I can't think of a good reason for this change, unless the next update makes it better for us, somehow. DBG, please respond.
    Soara2, WhysperWynde, Qeen and 3 others like this.
  11. Veleje Member

See? They are still exceeding ;)

I hear this a lot and it worries me.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Not any more, Mum; just checked my mats in my bank bags/boxes on Public Test and there's not a peep of a level mentioned. X-P

Uwk
  13. Avithax Well-Known Member

You actually think they have the resources or skill to make such a change much less the focus to accomplish the task? I don't think it was intentional and will not be centered in their current area of "Give a Darn" until it effects profits. They have much more angry players who spend a ton more cash in the shop to worry about leaving.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, raiders. :-/

Uwk
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

The fact that it spread from live onto test suggest, at the very least, that nobody moved to stop it after it was bugged. I expect we'll get the same response we have gotten with every other tradeskill itemization concern though... zero official response.
    I can only speculate why the what and why are not being communicated to the players, but I can't imagine any good reasons for it :(
    Soara2, Tkia, Finnwizz and 2 others like this.
  16. Arieva Well-Known Member

Believe me.. raiders are just as frustrated as nothing seems to work for us either this expac. We are all in the same sinking ship here
  17. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

And most of the issues affecting solo players and/or harvesters are causing issues for the raiders as well. Maybe it's their way of bringing the two communities closer together.
    Soara2, Marae, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO!! Let's hope! :D

Uwk
  19. Juraiya Well-Known Member

There's a bug thread about this in the Bugs forum, and it's marked as already being worked on by the devs.

Of course, you can always upvote it, if you haven't already. That can never hurt to tell them how many people are affected by it. :)
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen! Vote early, vote often! :D

Uwk
    Soara2, Breanna and Juraiya like this.