Wracking my brains

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Primitive, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Rebelde Active Member

Have they planned anything in advance? Red adorn, now blue. Generic raid pattern, then unnamed, now with name but still broken. MC gear is a bad joke etc etc etc etc etc etc .........
    Beta was an alpha and now we are in a beta. I hope we have the release of Luclin expansion soon!
    Zynt, Scrappyz, chattie and 1 other person like this.
  2. Magic Missiles Active Member

Why on earth was this ridiculous change made? Honestly this makes a big difference to character effectiveness to change the runes rewarded from Red to Blue.

Either give us a choice to select which color we receive or change the rewards back to red adorns, as it is really unfair the way it is now.

:mad: :mad: :mad:
    Zynt, Argosunited and Bludd like this.
  3. Sowy Active Member

I take it this is a dead issue now? everybody's ok with the nerf mostly because they already got theirs?
    Argosunited likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I thought they were making it a choice of red or blue...
    Zynt likes this.
  5. Drona Well-Known Member

Yes pretty much. Which begs the question what does this change actually accomplish since most people got the red rune anyway? ;) The whole fiasco demonstrate that nobody really thinks as to what they are doing and making it up as they go along....
  6. Vokan Well-Known Member

This is complete crap.
  7. Primitive Member

I understand that they were supposed to be blue, but they were not blue for around 2 weeks. In the interests of being fair to all can you please implement some functionality to allow the 4 runes listed to be changed to red or blue and vice versa. Nothing upsets the eq2 community more than change and not being able to get something you previously could :)
    Carizia likes this.
  8. Magic Missiles Active Member

All EQ2 players are accustomed to change- but it is the unfair arbitrary changes that are not equally applied that tick people off, and for good reason.
    Lateana and Sigrdrifa like this.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I think informing the community about changes before they happen and maybe explaining a little bit of "why" would help make changes less unpalatable.
  10. Corran Member

Why why and WHY .. rediculous change considering blue warlord / embers / fervor .. these runes are a REPLACEMENT for orange runes so why would you be flagging them as blue is beyond me when you added RED to replace ORANGE

This makes no sense

Please look at changing this back to RED
    Zynt, Argosunited and Magic Missiles like this.
  11. Magic Missiles Active Member

Up-voting This!
    Zynt likes this.
  12. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

If y'all haven't figured out that itemization is a complete CF for BoL and the people in charge of that are dying on that muddy hill then I feel badly for you.
    Argosunited likes this.
  13. Magic Missiles Active Member

Bump for fix or reasonable explanation.
  14. Arieva Well-Known Member

A serious question..has the guy in charge of items (and i believe class balance) been sacked? Or had a nervous breakdown yet? We see zone fixes every week but we haven't seen anything meaningful in the itemization fixes except perhaps a rune set fix for fire damage. And yet we have ppl that cant get patterns made for weeks.. horrible item drop rates (recipe books, cloth armor in raid) and someone that thought it was a good idea to make these runes blue instead of a choice...

As a community we need a solid update on these issues and the red name i usually associated with this stuff is no where to be seen. I know if he's still back there plugging away he has a full plate but i think as paying customers we deserve at least an official "its coming guys". And if hes still the poor bugger in charge of both class balance and items..good lord get that man a helper before its too late
  15. Bentenn Well-Known Member

. Because they want to limit DPS overload and make you choose now lol. Those that got it before the change are lucky and those that didn’t aren’t going to get it changed lol...we know how this goes...and really are they even going to touch the forums lol...most stuff is on discord now.
  16. Bentenn Well-Known Member

If everyone really wants this changed then petition this until it gets changed. Petitioning enough will be the only thing that may get this changed. Posting her on the forums will not, posting and complaining on discord will get you banned. Petition it and state your reason why, whether you didn’t get a far chance to get this rune, why are they forcing us to give up game changing runes if we want one of these, etc. Petition and petition more. Let’s see if the “new” studio will listen to their loyal paying customers ! There was absolutely no problem with these runes being released as red. Come on new studio that is “dedicated and rejuvenated” to Keeping the game going and making it better leading into this new decade. Change this back to being a selection as a red rune.
  17. Vasciagio Well-Known Member

It may look red; It may be square shaped like other red runes but they change color over time.

The runes from Fabled Kael were changed as well. They were and are red runes in color only; but have all been labeled as Orange runes now. They will not work in the red slots because of the change to orange in the labeling. Was hoping that they would be a good start on gear for Blood of Luclin; but much of my previous gear was better than what I was getting in BOL which surprised me. In previous expansions, I was excited to get solo mob gear drops because they often upgraded my previous gear.
    My main wish is that with each new expansion I have to figure out what reforging to do in combinations to runes in combination to changing AAs and then infusing the gear. It is rather daunting for me to keep all the figures going through my head or on paper especially when runes only go in certain gear pieces. I waste more time struggling with that than I do having fun, doing quests, adventuring with friends, and just enjoying the art and lore of the game. I know I don't have to worry about any of it. I could just decorate houses or throw whatever drops on and go; but when it comes to grouping up with friends, it is more of a necessity. I do think that the game is meant for people to group and enjoy the company of friends and this gives more longevity to the game. However, I think being able to do these things should be less strenuous and actually be fun in a game. Plus, the changes to what Statistic is more important changes with each expansion.
    I wish eq2 could have followed the original vision of eq1; in which certain bosses required high poison resist gear, or a high alcohol tolerance, or even being able to understand a language.

Just the wishes of an old fool that has been around for a very, very long time.
    Vasciagio Bladesong
    Majdul
    Zynt likes this.
  18. Decimates Member

How long does this thread need to be before a developer looks at these runes again. Or a rational explanation at least.
    Argosunited likes this.
  19. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

What about alts and new players? They've kept in old, useless mats as rewards with the explanation that they are for returning/new/alts but then they change this? My main got the red but I've got a Swashy that I really like to play, especially with how effective AoE is this expac, and she's gonna be gimped even more now.
    Argosunited likes this.
  20. Magic Missiles Active Member

Seriously this issue is such a fail on DBG part. The senseless random change that results in a perma-**** is bad enough, combine that with a total lack of respect to players to even answer is making me want to quit the game at this point.
    Zynt likes this.