Fixed Internally Invis with the new auto attack change

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Reptoid, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Hypozeuxis Member

I don't play a predator, but can tell that the mechanic change (turn on autoattack immediately, before the skill finishes casting) negates a lot of the class skills.

However, starting off with a big hit on names, even for the relatively weak solo overland names, has been impossible for a while because they all have at least a 5-hit stoneskin - sometimes being immune to pet damage, also making pet pulls not work. So this might be intentional.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Perciful like this.
  2. Tobias Fünke Member

Believe me, I agree with you that this is broken and needs to be fixed.

If you turn your stealth attack into a macro with the command /autoattack 0 before and after the skill, you will be able to start a fight with a stealthed ability. I'm currently able to do this on my assassin. It's not ideal and I shouldn't *have* to do it, but it does work. These macros will mostly let you use your stealth attacks during combat as well.

Your weapon delays might be very low. I use 6s delay weapons and it makes it easier to get multiple CAs off in between autoattacks so you don't have to rely on the macros as much.

Either way it's not a fun problem to deal with and hopefully it will be fixed
  3. Kittik Well-Known Member

So if I do this with all my stealth required abilities, will I still be able to use them as normal during fights?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Jupiter Member

Yes, but it breaks queuing. So, not as smooth. Still breaks about 20% of the time.
  5. Kittik Well-Known Member

Trying to do this only added to my frustration as I couldn't seem to get it to work and I was still having the "requires stealth" error. I hope they fix this soon.
  6. Kittik Well-Known Member

Was this fixed with the patch, or was it overlooked?
  7. Jupiter Member

Another patch with no reference to this. It might be nice for a dev to at least let us know if this is on the table to be fixed or if it's just going to stay this way and we have to deal with it.
  8. Kainok New Member

How about something in options, auto attack delay on or off.
  9. Jupiter Member

Another game update with no word about this bug.

I see that the thread says "confirmed" now. Is that a good sign?

Any chance of a dev response regarding this issue?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kittik like this.
  10. Reptoid Member

Just gonna bump this in hopes the devs say something on the matter. Having to use certain set auto attack commands just so you don't interrupt your stealth attack is a little silly
  11. muggie2 New Member

I'd love for this to be fixed. I just started a ranger and now she can't use sniper shot or any other attacks that require her to be stealthed, because the autoattack goes off immediately and breaks the stealth. I prefer playing solo, so it's taken out a decent chunk of my options. As for my just-started assassin... yeah, let's not go there.
    I've read that you can get around it using macros (whatever they are), that I'm an idiot for soloing anyway and should be in a group, and that it just means I don't know how to time my autoattacks (which apparently also makes me an idiot, even though I've never had to in the past).
    I take it that it's a recent update that's done this?
  12. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

This is horrible in raids with the network lag (why is this even a thing in 2020??) and its even more horrible when you play from EU on one of the NA servers. Please fix it asap.
  13. Kittik Well-Known Member

Kinda gave up on trying hard to be a top dps'er in the raid I did this weekend. Big abilities can't even be used. Really pisses me off. I can totally see if a new person wanted to play the game and ran into this infuriating mechanic.
  14. Kittik Well-Known Member

Nothing in today's notes. So I'm praying there was a stealthy fix to stealth.
  15. Kittik Well-Known Member

Nope still broken.
  16. Tangris Well-Known Member

If it is broken and confirmed, why is this not fixed?
  17. Kittik Well-Known Member

Another Update today and no mention of this.

Please help!!
  18. Marae Well-Known Member

I hadn't been doing much with my scouts the past few weeks, but I took my swashbuckler out today just to test this. I tried it with Shanghai and sure enough, auto-attacks broke stealth the instant I cast. I got the message "You you have to be stealthed to use this ability." This would at least partially explain why my ranger was having so much trouble in the BoL access instance. I'll wait to tackle that again until after they fix this problem.
  19. Balcerak Well-Known Member

If they are going to make stealth impossible, they should just change any spell/CA needing stealth to be positional maybe?
  20. Kittik Well-Known Member

It's way way worse on the TLE server where we don't have the AA that negates the requirement for CA's to be in stealth.

My ranger can't start combat in stealth, can't use 4 of his CA's that require stealth and I've completely stopped playing scout classes and have heard other people tell me they quit Kaladim because they only play scouts and this was to frustrating to continue doing.