Is DB Trying To Rid Game Of Casual Players?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Almee, Jan 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EQ_Jack Active Member

>>is daybreak trying to rid game of casual players?

Yes...absolutely. Its why I cancelled my sub and I'm now playing another game. Fix grouping, fix the LFG, and dungeon finder and maybe...maybe I'll come back. using /shout to find groups is unacceptable to me.
  2. Spindle Well-Known Member

Good heavens.

Many players are getting on in years and cannot play as we did in EQ or the early years of EQ2. I cannot play certain aspects of the game as a developing imbalance situation creates dizziness. (Thank god for PTs) Multiple surgeries on both hands do not allow me to play the long hours I absolutely loved to play. I've become a really casual player and still love the game. I don't expect the devs to cater to my playstyle.

Huge thanks to all the folks with great suggestions on this thread for playing smarter and easier. Your experienced posts have been printed out and will be used as I solo, slowly, yet, happily, through Norrath.
    Cyrrena, CharbrynEQ2, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  3. Roadkillusa Active Member

Well going just fine. i seem to be having no issues with solo play without infusing my gear with plat.
  4. Raff Well-Known Member

You'll need infusions (plat or otherwise) if you want to run heroics. That is unless....you like taking an hour to kill a boss :eek:
  5. Raff Well-Known Member

Shouting at chat will not endear you to anyone. Mostly it just p******* everyone off to the point that we / ignore. Once that happens, you become a non-person when people are looking to fill groups.

But, if you were still here....I would suggest taking a look at your build, gear & ACT (and attitude, for that matter) to find out the real reasons why no one wants to group with you. You aren't owed a spot in any group, you know. Heck, we take lower geared folks all the time to help them gear up...and if they are fun to be with...so much the better.

That said...since you have left. Can I have your stuff?
    Sigrdrifa and Wulfgyr like this.
  6. Tkia Well-Known Member

So are you saying that achievements have now become mandatory content in order to progress? I thought they were supposed to be optional fluff for bragging rights.
  7. Leloes Well-Known Member

I'm sorry that certain people aren't having fun playing EQ2 but I think they are blaming the wrong people. They are looking for reasons to quit......so just quit...walk away....don't come on the forums attacking everything you can think of but still you keep playing. DBG is not out to get you. This and Neverwinter are two of the most solo friendly MMOs there are. Most MMOs will give a few solo quests and then they demand that one raids. Getting older? So what! Aren't we all! I can speak on a very personal note. I am physically disabled and find EQ2 to be a lot easier to play than almost every other MMO there is. By the way. I'm no kid, either. If you feel that this game is too demanding on you then just plain and simply quit. I'm sure there is someone else who will replace you when you do.
    Spindle, Dude and Breanna like this.
  8. Raff Well-Known Member

Nope. The gear upgrades in the Achievements is better than what is dropping in T1's. Jewelry & weapons @ 165 Resolve. A 170 cape for completing all the overland boss pq's etc...Sigfrida has an over all list posted all over the forums in various threads showing the loot for each achievment.

Armor upgrades are mostly only available in the heroics. And require stones/gems as usual.
    Dude likes this.
  9. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Almee, you are probably the only person in this game who thinks someone who has almost 10 years of experience, countless different toons and crafters at max level should be considered "new to the game." That said, the original EQ2 has long since changed, and not, IMHO, for the better. Even so, nothing in life is the same as it was 10 years ago either. You can learn to deal with the changes life (or this game) present you and make adjustments or not. I hear people saying "that isn't fair." No one in life promised us "life would be fair." If they did, they lied. If it was, we'd all be summering with the Rockefellers in the Bahamas.
    You can take the game for what it is or could be, or move on. It's really your choice.
    Breanna and Raff like this.
  10. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Everyone has the right to voice how they feel, you shouldn't attack them for it;)
    Juraiya and Wulfgyr like this.
  11. Bhayar Well-Known Member

12. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Interesting...I didn't infer he was "attacking" anyone. Just saying that if you don't like the game, just stop playing. I think we all, on occasion, complain about something. It's human nature. The difference is when a person is incessantly complaining about the same thing over and over. If you don't like a restaurant because the food and service is crappy and you keep going back, what's that say about the individual? If you don't like something and you essentially never post anything good and the criticism is unrelenting, yet you consistently spend money every month and xpac, then you probably need to take a breath, walk away for six months and decide if it's really worth the aggravation. Nothing in life is worth spending time and/or money on if it doesn't make you happy. As I say, 'everyone makes me smile. Some when they come...others when they go." Life's too short too spend a minute doing something you don't want or like to do.
  13. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Interesting...we see his/her post two different ways yet I agree with you.
    Bhayar likes this.
  14. Shady1 Member

That's a really weak argument. Unfortunately it doesn't hold up.

Let's say you live in a small town. You have one hospital. They constantly make mistakes and are running it into the ground.

You don't have the option to move, you are heavily invested in this town financially and can't afford a relocation. Let's say maybe you just aren't comfortable moving, you grew up here, this is all you know. Maybe you love this town so much, and are doing everything you can to save it before it becomes a ghost town.

They incessantly complain because they want the conditions of the hospital to improve.

The homeless guys who LOVE the hospital because they give them Suboxone and Narcan treatments when they are having heroin withdrawals/overdoses, sure do try and thwart the regular every day injured people from coming in, being dissapointed, and complaining, at every turn, they LOVE things the way they are.

We aren't trying to take your heroin vending machine and morphine, homeless people, we just don't want to be poked with dirty needles by lazy staff.

That's all.

Maybe if YOU homeless people left, we wouldn't have these staff with gassed up false positive reports on their feed, falsely making them think they are doing a great job at running a hospital when really all they are is a glorified crack house with a first aid kit.
    Juraiya and Geroblue like this.
  15. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

That is quite possibly the worst use of an analogy that I've seen in a very long time.
  16. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Its definitely right on up there with the worst.
    Raff, dirgenoobforreal and Breanna like this.
  17. Leloes Well-Known Member

I'm not attacking anyone, Simply stating how I feel. I agree with Bhayar. If one hates everything about this game then simply quit. Why continue playing something that you despise so much? Makes no sense.:confused:
    Spindle, Dude and Breanna like this.
  18. Leloes Well-Known Member

Oh, I live a very small town and we have no hospital sooooo....have to go to next biggest town over.....LOL
    Wulfgyr and Breanna like this.
  19. Almee Well-Known Member

It is no wonder so many (literally thousands) of players have quit this game when so many people tell them to quit the game if they don't like it the way it is. It certainly explains why half of all marriages end in divorce.

You don't quit a relationship just because it becomes hard to maintain at times. Relationships take effort and lots of communication over what is working and what isn't. You also have to be willing to compromise on issues.

Relationships break down when people aren't willing to share their concerns with their partner. How can anyone expect a partner to know a situation exists if they aren't aware of it?

I was trained to listen to people and hear their concerns. For the past month I have been hearing a variety of people talk about how hard it was to take a healer through the signature instances.

I hadn't planned on doing much more than looking around BoL and maybe doing a few overland quests, but I became curious about how hard the instances were for casual players with healers. I'm an average player with average gear so I decided to give it a try so I would better understand what people were talking about and maybe find ways to help them if possible.

And that led to posting this thread. The state of the instances has little impact on my personal play experience but it is negatively impacting other people's play experience but they avoid the forums like the plague.

So I wrote what I had been told plus my own experience. What DB does with that information is up to them.

Sweeping the problem under the rug isn't going to help anyone. Telling people to quit the game isn't helping either. In fact, I'm surprised it is even allowed on the forums.

Suggesting ways to make the instance experience easier is helpful as long as it doesn't require a person to make a major change to their play style which is almost as likely as them changing their personalities.

Fighting over stats just confuses the issue and makes casual players even more convinced they don't want to jump down that rabbit hole. If "experts" can't agree on what stats are helpful, how is a casual player supposed to know?

Only DB really knows what stats help or hinder a classes' performance and they aren't sharing that information. Furthermore, stats vary according to how aggressively a person likes to fight. Some may prefer to hug the zone walls, and fight small numbers, while others might like to round up every nearby mob and do a wholesale slash and burn.

There have been a number of helpful suggestions and I thank people for sharing those. For example, I learned we can skirt the instances, and still be able to fly, by doing the TS signature line. It is an imperfect solution but will help those players, whose characters are crafters, and want to play in BoL.

I think this thread has come to its end. I don't know how to lock a thread but maybe a dev will do it for me. Peace to all and happy hunting.
    Juraiya, Semperfifofum and Geroblue like this.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Also Channelers... a number of their bow CAs do heals.
    Breanna likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.