Weapon Damage Bonus - Channeler

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Suidakra, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Suidakra Active Member

I know Channeler has a few buffs that increase WDB. Has anyone tested out this stat this expansion? Is it viable?
  2. Treiko Active Member

indeed it is. my auto attacks make up a large portion of my parse between wdb and DPS mod. My WDB is not as high as i'd like it, with a base of 380 atm, but it goes to 600 in combat, and I have over 4600 DPS mod.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  3. Laita Well-Known Member

Hey all, I'm just returning the game, and it seems most of the 'stat caps' I'm finding are way outdated. What're the current stat cap levels for auto attack? (haste, dps, multi-attack).. right now I just did the sig line, so am about 1500 haste/multi and 2300 dps.. just curious about where I should be shooting for and if there are any stats in particular that I should reforge out of
  4. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

There is something not right with channeler's autoattack. It's ramping up over the time. If you look at the parce you can easily notice the damage difference at the beggining of the instance, or raid and at the end of it. And the effect is reset upon zoning it seems.
    Drona likes this.
  5. Suidakra Active Member

So are you thinking they might "Fix this"? Think I should wait before reforging/AA specing?
  6. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

I have no idea. There is no visual indication of any buff, and there is nothing in AA that might do so. But the fact that it is reset after zoning tells there is something unusual happens.

I would not wait fix though and just play the game normaly, if it happens-it happens.
  7. Vunder Well-Known Member

What I "think" is happening is the original weapon damage modifier is creeping back in over time. channelers originally were sold to us as a T2 DPS priest, which we did perform at T2 lvl on single target and T1 parse in AoE. They modified this drastically (which screwed alot of epic 1.0 people originally) when T1 and T2 cried that a priest was doing more dps back in ToV.

So I think the original modifier is "leaking" through the original code patch, and it resets when you die or zone. However it takes so long to build it up, that I don't think its important enough to mess with a patch. Im sitting at 5300 dps and 820 WDB and I parse up there with the bards we run with. So T3 by the old standards (I average 3 billion in heroics) while the DPS are pushing 10-15 billion. I don't see this as any advantage ONLY BECAUSE we do not buff, and we really don't have to heal much with intercept in place.

Oh and that DPS is with my construct in full DPS mode. If I swap my construct to party mode, it drops a bit, but survivability goes up alot. I think it depends on the group.
    Zeddicious likes this.
  8. Drona Well-Known Member

It doesn't take "long" to build up the auto attack damage, it will start to ramp up after 30 secs so its fairly quick. So if a fight last longer than 5 minutes, then its very easy to spot and longer the fights goes, they will top parse. You will see auto attack accounting for about 80% of their whole DPS.

Btw this doesn't only happen to Channelers, this ramping up of auto attack happens for BL as well but their ramp up timer seems longer.
  9. Vunder Well-Known Member

That is what our dps comes from. Channelers CA are very few and do very little damage. at 145 pot, my average tooltip dmg is like 6-8 million.

It's auto attack or bust.

Eye shot is my hardest hitting CA at 65 million followed by that new spell, at 45mil thats about it, both on long recast times.
  10. Jeter4lyfe New Member

I have actually noticed the opposite on my BL. In groups, my damage will spike to about 6 billion in the beginning and then it'll steadily decline as the fight goes on, with very small spikes throughout. I'll start out at 5-6 billion, and end up at 3-4 billion. Meanwhile, channelers in the same group will start out fairly low, but very rapidly catch and surpass me on some fight (there are also fights where the channelers don't ramp up at all).
  11. Suidakra Active Member

I went the route of DPS. reforged some items. I am at 4640 dps and it is a clear night and day difference. o_O
  12. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I'm actually terrible at Channeller because I used a bauble, but I thought I'd just "toy" with her. Epic 1 only so far. I joined one duo for a solo and I thought for sure we'd die with me healing. And we didn't. Not only that but we did it fairly quickly. A lot of that was because the other person was BL but I was surprised I didn't have to spam my heals. I knew about the DPS/autoattack so I did reforge into DPS. Even that negligible change (compared to people with 4k or more) made a big difference.

If you need a stat to sacrifice with Reforge, choose Haste or Casting Speed. I don't know for sure, but it looks like Haste stops helping you after 125%, since it no longer converts to Flurry. Casting Speed can be debuffed by mobs, so keep about 150-200%. All the tooltips are iffy right now. An update to them has been requested, you can add your voice to the request here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ing-so-that-we-know-what-our-stats-do.592812/
  13. Jeter4lyfe New Member

You actually want to reforge Abil mod, not casting speed or reuse. You will gain A LOT more dps mod from ability mod.
    Treiko and Semperfifofum like this.
  14. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Yeah I usually play a mage, so I wasn't thinking of this. But as a class that uses bows, abil mod might be a better choice. You can test it both ways with a training dummy.
  15. Suidakra Active Member

Don't use bow. I set my character to force melee on auto attack. Yes, I reforged out of ability mod. I am currently at 4400 DPS and 3020 multi attack (sacrificed some DPS for multi attack). My DPS from auto attacks is just funny to see. I hope they don't fix it in the coming patch.:D
  16. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I've seen people say "get high multi-attack" before. The tooltips may be wrong of course, but they currently say 1 extra attack, plus 75% chance of another attack, and then they stop increasing. But you're the second person whose said multi-attack overcap counts.

Is the damage of a bow that much less than a melee weapon? Because if you mean, speed = more opportunities to multi attack, then you can buy a weapon 4 second attack modifier to put on your bow. It's kind of franken-play to have a channeler who avoids using a bow. Would the 4 second attack modifier from the store close the difference?
  17. Suidakra Active Member

Not sure. I got my multi attack high enough that it simply states 2 additional attacks. Anything after 3k I don't see any additional % to multi-attack. As for the bow vs melee, I've been getting higher dps from my melee. I could be wrong, as I have not tried the 4 second attack modifier from the store.

There's also the chance all of this could get fixed, so maybe we shouldn't invest too much into it hahaha.
  18. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Ok, the mystery was solved. It's Truespirite Rift AA; every time a channler casts it the damage goes up. A channeler does not even need to be in combat and can stand and ramp up his or her damage into oblivion.
  19. Vanleeze New Member

This definitely sounds like an exploit to me. Is this how some guild were able to kill some broken raid boss flawless ?
  20. Suidakra Active Member

Please explain a bit more. Not sure what True Spirit rift has to do with melee damage.