Fixed Internally overseer quest issues

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Descord, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Arieva Well-Known Member

This is beyond ridiculous. It is bad enough that we are relying on pure RNG bull this expac but we are double penalized for having more quests from overseer because the ones it chooses to offer are completely RANDOM. I havent anything but full pages of lower overseer quest rewards in the window for days. I cant get anything i need in game from that garbage. If thats the way this is going to work i should have the option to remove those low end missions entirely
    Whilhelmina and Descord like this.
  2. Arieva Well-Known Member

Oh and whats more some folks are reporting their overseer quest lists are changing upon zone. I havent been able to reproduce this myself but if there is a bug that is allowing this they can cherry pick their quest list that way..whereas others cant. I suspect it may have something to do with the quests being added across multiple chars on the account.
    Descord likes this.
  3. Rebelde Active Member

Worst thing is get a fabled crate and a mythical bonus reward crate and get a "Sambata Hackamore Recipies" from the fabled AND ANOTHER STUPID CB INFUSION FROM THE MYTHICAL!!!! Can you please, REMOVE the stupid infusions from the high quality chests? PLEASE
    What is the chance to get them? 99,999999999% in pq, status crates and overseer crates no matter the quality? Or maybe highter? This is a bad joke.
  4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I have a 5h and a 10h overseer quests on one on my account, both have not shown for the past 2-3 days (not 100% sure if it's one or the other, I think 3) and I'm stuck with 1h and 1h30 quests and a single 2h30 one. It's the only way to get empyral/shadows book recipes and I can't even have the quest to get them.
    On top of that, recipe books are split between rarities by levels which is highly annoying. I have close to all of my 111-115 books and none of the 116-120, I keep getting infusers (and, tadaaa, an experimentation nail recipe *rolls eyes*)

EDIT: yay, got an empyral TAILOR 11 on my 2h30 quest with a bonus fabled chest which gave me... an ESSENCE OF CHAOS. Really :rolleyes:
    Argosunited, Breanna, Descord and 3 others like this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

All of the regular Overseer Reward Crates have their contents documented on the wiki now. There are literally a dozen of them, ranging from Treasured to Celestial and Mythical (which of those is higher? Dunno, but they all have the same stuff in them as the Fabled...)

I'm working on documenting the contents of the Overseer Bonus Reward Crates now. From what I have seen and read, if you get a bonus, it's one tier higher than the regular reward crate.

I also wrote a basic Overseer Feature tutorial for the wiki, and I'm mapping out which quests give exactly what rewards.
    Breanna, Descord, Carynn and 2 others like this.
  6. Crazier Member

I just added the quest a Dark Ceremony but it is not on my list of available overseer quests
    Descord and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Apparently they push only seven Missions down to the client. I have no idea how they select which ones to send down, and I'm not sure if they give you three new ones when you finish the first batch, or if you have to re-run three Missions.

So, you still have the Mission, and if they feel like letting you see it, it will show up eventually.
  8. Crazier Member

yes but the Dev said this
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Thank you Sigrdrifa.
    Descord and Dude like this.
  10. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

You have to rerun three missions, you don’t get a new pull. Exceptions: A mishap mission pops when an agent gets hurt, or you unpack a mission from a reward. Caveat: unpacked missions may have to be “new” to your pool- if you already have it, it may not show.
    Descord, Breanna and Sigrdrifa like this.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Interesting. I haven't been able to reproduce this. I wonder if they're just getting Mishap Missions?
    Descord and Breanna like this.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

They do have to balance so that people are not able to do a full roster of high-end Missions every day. What you see is what you get for the day, so you might as well clear them all out.

The junk you get can be transmuted, we all need infusers for this and that. I'm selling the potions on the broker, unless the broker price is under 1p, then I just sell them to the vendor or destroy them.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

What is a 'quest with charges'?
  14. Bludd Well-Known Member

yes and how do we know? what do they look like?
  15. Tabri Well-Known Member

I keep getting the junk one hour quests and the good ones have not shown up for now 3 days. I agree we need to be able to delete the one hour ones which was previously suggested.
    Descord and Whilhelmina like this.
  16. Jaeded Well-Known Member

I seem to get the same five 60-90 minute quests every day. My sixth quest seems to be a random choice from my unlocked quests, however there is one I receive far more frequently.
    Descord and Whilhelmina like this.
  17. semisus Does not play this game

Im really annoyed with this system , i have 2 10 hour ones i used to run every time the timer came back
    Now since i got new quests i hardly see em anymore , they also are the best reward givers

Change it so we can see all the quests that are not on cooldown and add a tab that shows the quests on cooldown and what timer they have.

we should not be punished by getting more quests.
  18. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I honestly thought the common shell collection, you know the one found in Blinding was the worst reward ever, but then, I received the same quest as a reward as the one I'd done.

Are we still pretending the rewards haven't changed? These are not even worth doing anymore.
    Zynt likes this.
  19. Caela Well-Known Member

[IMG]

**However, there was a message in my text that said I already had the lore item. Which is an improvement. But it's a tinkering recipe book I can't even scribe.
    Zynt likes this.
  20. Tabri Well-Known Member

Yep you might get tinkering books that are no trade from these overseer missions. I can only use two my toons to do the missions with because they are the only two I have that are max adorners/tinkerers, if I try to use my other alts and they get a tinkerer or adorning book that isnt even heirloom I just wasted a mission and valuable books I need.
    Zynt likes this.