Summoner's Siphon

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Thand, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Thand Well-Known Member

at Journeyman this is 27.5 fervor and 40 ab dc for 41 seconds But it stifles and Dazes all our pets.Since Most of our dps comes from our pets and Conj really do not have any High Dps class spells that Will Ability dc useing this spell Lowers out dps. i was so disappointed when the Journyman version of this was ll i got for completing the End Solo achievement. that and i still had to pay 375 coins for the Apprentice version,
    Naduja, Mosk and Beee like this.
  2. Giga Member

So, what you are saying is summoners get screwed again, multiple times this xpac. great.
    Beee likes this.
  3. Arieva Well-Known Member

The state of things right now on my summoner has really made me question my desire to continue on in this game. I hope the devs recognize my forum name as someone who has tried throughout the years to provide some honest class balance feedback on summoner through many many years of playing the class. I have to agree on everything that's been said. Unless you have a complete class overhaul coming the summoners are dead in the water. What thand said about ability doublecast and our abilities is spot on.

The current tier pet even with the planeswalker fervor buff is a significant downgrade. Nothing as far as other abilities (old or new) got a significant change to damage to compensate. Please throw us a bone and tell us you plan to fix this.
    Argosunited, Naduja, Beee and 2 others like this.
  4. Amiiss Member

I saw that spell, and didnt bother buying it.
  5. Arieva Well-Known Member

I don't have enough currency yet to see if any of the existing Aa will negate the stifle...or what spell it replaces. If it replaces sacrifice and the AA is modified to make the pet immune to that portion of the spell..sure its useful (but not so much for the ADC unless they make that effect our pets).
  6. Arieva Well-Known Member

So spell replaces elemental unity..nothing aa works to counteract the stifle..utterly worthless. Had it replaced Sacrifice and the AA that we can take to negate the stun on it also applied to Summoners Siphon it would have been marginally useful and given us a choice to choose when to use sacrifice for mana regen on group..verses personal dps. As is..a complete flop sorry to say
  7. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Damn was hoping the aa at least stopped the stun . Watched a utube clip of someone deleting there wiz and uninstalling today very trying times.
  8. Twisty Well-Known Member

Stun and stiffle doesn't work at least on the necro pet, it casts and attacks just fine with the buff running. I'm dubious to believe it behaves differently for conj pet.

Buff is meh at best since only 17s duration and 2.3s cast. The ADC portion will be irrelevant pretty much since once over effective-100% it does nothing and fervor portion even if it's like 40ish at Ancient is ho-hum for 17s pre-pull cast
  9. Enigma Active Member

Well damn i guess for right now its either you rolled a scout class or don't even bother playing a summoner/mage this xpac.
  10. Enigma Active Member

Lets hope they make some kind of change in January.
    Beee and Ashandra like this.
  11. Heinzy Active Member

I sure am happy I didn't opt to buy this expac. next one maybe. have fun y'all.
  12. Arieva Well-Known Member

Can you be more clear twisty? Can the stifle stun be negated on the necro pet using aa? Or does it just never take effect period? It is definitely stopping casts on the conjurer and if it isnt on the necro..there is something awry
  13. Arieva Well-Known Member

Just confirmed with a necro on discord that the stun stifle portion isnt taking effect at all on consume essence (the necro equivalent of summoners siphon) whereas it is on summoners siphon.. and cant be negated even by a summoner aa we have to specifically make pet immune to such things. Would be nice if unflinching servant was worth speccing to negate it.
  14. Beee Well-Known Member

15. Thand Well-Known Member

It is good for unloading assentiosn at the begin of the fight is all Any other time it is a Dps loss according to my parse. we do not have any non pet spells that hit hard enough to justify its use.
    Beee likes this.
  16. Beee Well-Known Member

Could you please make the spell useable for conjureres (wtihout disabling the pet)
  17. Goezer Master of Crayons

This would be great if it didn't ignore the immunity on Plane shift. Because you could precast with that, pets immune and reaps the benefits of it as well. Hopefully they would change it to make it actually useful because atm, it's not even on my hotbar.
    Beee likes this.
  18. Thrundaloo Member

There are various ways you should be able to make you pet immune to the negative effects.
    A pre-cast of Plane Shift should do the trick for example - but it doesn't work.

I've tried a few things but no luck. Shame really.
    Beee likes this.
  19. Beee Well-Known Member

Last call for Daybreak to have a look into Summoners Siphon https://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/1570372862

The lv 120 class spell is really useless and no conjurer uses it.
    Beeing solo on Fervorcap it does nothing exceppt disableing the primary pet

It has no Fervorovercap and disables the primary pet so every conjurer looses 50% performance using it instead of getting some benefits.
  20. Banana Tree Member

Devs- what were you thinking? This is an absolutely worthless spell.
    Did any other classes get a completely useless ability?