my prestige house searching and final purchases

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Geroblue, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Nope. I left all access and became f2p just before turn in for week 2.
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

According to the Update Notes for the game update tomorrow morning, that is a bug. :(

Sorry you had to spend your DBC! :(

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

49 DBC... I had a bit over a 100 DBC. I could have used one of the 30 second bell potions that character has, but I wanted to save them for more emergency situations.

What I do find a bit odd about that situation is when I use Fast Travel on a f2p account, part of the popup saying how much DBC will have to be spent, says it would be discounted if all access ( something like that ) was in use.

But Fast Travel is free if the account is all access. So saying it would be discounted if all access was in use is incorrect wording.
  4. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

that's an old statement , it used to cost something for even members , my guess is DB wanted to make an even bigger point with Ftp players . Personally I have never even used this feature .
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I never used to, but I pretty much do so all the time on my Gold account, especially in emergencies ("What do you mean, the only way out of this Evil alt's Mistmoore nowadays since the portals aren't working is going out to Freeport -- yikes! Fast Travel my tuchis outta here! :eek:" [or "this Good alt's ... to Qeynos" of course ;->]). I am sooo spoiled with it now, that I pout a lot when I'm on a Bronze or Silver toon and forget it's not free. ;->

Uwk
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol Uwekete all you have to do is walk out the door , make sure your not in harms way and open your character page C
    and look for housing and go straight to your own save house on the other side .
    Remember that you can port to your home from any city.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That takes too long. ;->

Uwk
    who has tried both, trust me...
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

So, how do you get to those floating islands on the upper right of the Norrath world map ?

I've only been able to get there using Fast Travel.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You can also get there using guild hall travel, I believe.

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

The Ultherian Spires were getting me to some of those places. I think that got fixed today so it would work again.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Okay, I'd thought there was another option...now that I think about it, I do recall those big pointy curved bits up there (just took awhile to sink in/trickle down/bubble up :confused:).

Uwk
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Got a character on a tertiary account up to tinkering 51, just doing the blueprint tinker recipes. Need to but the rest of those so I can keep on going as I finish them and they go to green 'very easy'.

The daily Tinkering/Adorning seems a bit slow in leveling tinker secondary skill up.

Transmuting didn't change, still at level 1, but I did do only one daily for that so far.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Tinkering skill-ups are ALWAYS slow, bordering on the criminally low rates. :-/

Back in the old days, the combination of that and needing TEN LOAMS for each recipe completion (i.e., you wanna make 1 gnomish cloaking device thingy? That'll be ten loams on top of all the other mats, please...) was a major reason why hardly anyone but the most ardent completist Gnome players ever wanted to do Tinkering beyond what was needed for scribing the Tinkerfest recipes. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, got another toon up to 31 Tinkering. Does use lots of basic coal. Looks like 6 per combine.

Had to quit, Maj'Dul went kthud on me. I'll post details in one of the threads about it.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You've been having problems with Maj'Dul too? All morning for me. :(

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yeah, I gave up. I'll try Skyfire later on.
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Ah, working on Qho's gathering quests on Skyfire now. I want to get some toons on that server up in Tinkering... but I keep running out of low level harvest items.

One thing I figured out is after I full fill Qho's wants, I just keep harvesting for another 5 to 10 minutes in the same zone. Turn in to Qho, then go to my toon's Loft in Timerous Deep and deposit harvest materials so the toon not logged in can continue crafting and not have to run after harvests. After I log that one back in. Don't want to waste those 99 DBC crafting potions.
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Working on a harvesting pony for my characters on Skyfire.

Did Obsession VIII, and got a nive harvesting cloak, but not Final Quest to get the pony.

Looked on the wiki ( I could hear alarm bells in my brain letting me know I had forgotten something ) and so I did.

The character is 110 adv level, but only 41 crafting level. The toon has to have any tradeskill 90 or above to get the mail from Qho. The character has Artificing at 73, but I don't know if that counts, even though its on the Tradeskills tab in the C character sheet.
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, Artificing at 92, Chemistry at 99, and Scribing at 99 doesn't trigger the final harvesting quest.

I'll check back with Qho, and then get some sleep.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Artificing isn't a tradeskill specialty (Alchemist, Armorer, Carpenter, Jeweler, Provisioner, Sage, Tailor, Weaponsmith, Woodworker), it's a craft skill, describing what you need to do to be a Jeweler. Things like Adorning, Tinkering, etc. don't count for anything, except the products you can make with those recipes; if they did count at all, we'd be able to advance a lot easier in those "secondary skills." :(

Uwk
    still bitter about how hard it is to get to even Tinkering 25 to scribe the silly Tinkerfest recipe books; most of my toons aren't there yet >:-/
    Breanna likes this.