How to Make Money in Norrath: A Guide for New and Old Alike

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Sigrdrifa, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Veleje Member

About these 5$ to get broker access at FTP. Is there any other way to pay besides credit card. I'm avoiding using CC online. Does EQ2 has those gift cards in stores such as walmart you can buy? Or any other way? Or is CC the only way?
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

You can use credit card, paypal, or paysafecard. I have no idea what a paysafecard is, but it's listed as a payment method. There are no DBG gift cards, but you can buy a normal visa gift card in a store and use that.
    Breanna, Veleje and Soara2 like this.
  3. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I use a prepaid debit card. I love it. It cost 3 dollars to add money but if you don't have any money later, the card is still good and there are no fees besides the 3 dollars to add money. I get my direct deposit on it for free.
  4. Veleje Member

Thank you!
    Siren, Dude and Soara2 like this.
  5. Veleje Member

Will use prepaid card, forgot about this option, thank you!
    Dude and Soara2 like this.
  6. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I know that the game takes the Walmart brand one
    Veleje and Dude like this.
  7. Veleje Member

Do you happen to recall which one? ;-)

Looks like this will turn into a headache before I'm done. I went to Walmart and minimum load balance is 25$. Then I found one, the only one, that minimum balance is1$ and also no registration needed, card is usable right away: Bluebird American Express Wallmart debit card. Cost 5$. So total 10$. When I tried to add these 5$ to my account, I learned I couldn't, because there is no name and address assigned to it. Called customer support and learned I do need to register this 5$ temporally account. And they want everything, your social security number, address, phone number... I'm not giving them all this info just for temporally 5$ card. So I tried with made up data and of course it didn't work.

Now I wonder if I can even return this card back to Walmart. I think small print said they are non returnable.

Anyone know of a no PITA card, with no registration needed that would work with daybreakgames? I don't want to do a wire transfer or use my regular CC, hackers are just too smart now-a-days. They can hack government computers, huge chain stores, heck banks also... I'm really limiting to a minimum what I put online.
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. Soara2 Well-Known Member

The one I have is literally Walmart. I don't remember if it had a minimum since I have had it 6 years. It's a blue card has the Walmart logo on it. Walmartmoneycard.com. I definitely registered it. Sorry for the troubles
    Veleje and Breanna like this.
  9. Avithax Well-Known Member

And the winner for the most Necroposted thread in history goes to.....
    Soara2 likes this.
  10. Dude Well-Known Member

Credit cards are possibly the best thing to use on the internet. If anyone gets your information, you just dispute the charge and it goes away.
    Soara2 likes this.
  11. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

My bank provides additional debit cards on request - while they are part of my account, they only have as much $$ as I transfer to each. I have one that I use only online, and got one in each of my daughters' names so I can gift them birthday and holiday $$ just with a transfer.
    Siren, Veleje, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It *is* a stickied post.
    Veleje, Avithax and Soara2 like this.
  13. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Too bad you can't just get the game cards like before
    Veleje, Rosyposy and Dude like this.
  14. Veleje Member

OK thank you. I guess you can't pay some small amount online any more anonymously... times we are living in...
    Soara2 likes this.
  15. Veleje Member

Well, not quite ;)
    It is very easy to dispute wrong charges with CC that I agree.

If some hacker get hold of your DATA/INFO and they stole your identity, you are screwed in USA. Your credit score gets ruined and you can't restore it by proving it was not you. Those three (actually 4 now) agencies just don't care. Tough luck!

Because of this, I'm being extra careful. When I stay in hotel, if clerk wants to copy my ID document, I don't allow it. If they insist, I go to another hotel. At the doctor I don't allow nurse to scan my ID document. I only show it to prove my identity. (as it should be) If they insist, I switch the doctor. And so on, you get the idea. My credit score is constantly for many years above 800 and I tend to keep it there ;-)
    Soara2 likes this.
  16. Veleje Member

I don't want this excellent thread to go too much off topic, so I will post this OT subject last time. I strongly advise to NEVER use any debit card online. Only credit card! Once hacker get hold of it by hacking some online store, you will be out of money. Transfer will happen and your bank account will be in the hole! With CC you can easy dispute, with debit card you own it. Just something to think about.

Sorry everyone, lets go back to Norath money :)
    Soara2, Siren and Dude like this.
  17. Dude Well-Known Member

If you have credit cards or a bank account all of your information is online. I agree we should only provide sensitive information as necessary, but your you're going to have to give that credit card information to someone, unless you're going to limit yourself to using cash to purchase everything.
    Soara2, Breanna and Siren like this.
  18. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Well a prepaid card has only what you allow it to have on it
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.
  19. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

That is also the whole point of having a separate debit card I use only online. I never keep much $$ on it, just enough to pay for the things that I buy.

The only time I've had my info stolen, the debit card was NOT used online, and the bank refunded all my $$. That is, however, when I started using the separate debit card that does not have access to the $$ in my checking account.
    Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  20. Breanna Well-Known Member

That is a really good idea Rosy. Our company got ripped off for $5,000.00, It wasn't a credit card though they did a check by phone so they got our routing number and account number off one of our checks, and ordered a bunch of really nice stuff from Dell (computer, monitor, printer), we did get all of our money back (thank God) and we found out Dell has an actual fraud department LOL
    Soara2, Siren and Rosyposy like this.