Horn of the Fallen is Strangely Silent

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Sigrdrifa, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Instance: Sanctus Seru: Echoes of Divinity [Solo]:
    Steps:
    (1) I have killed Buffo and Typhenon.
    (2) I have the \aITEM 1572311231 1652686774 0 0 0:[Horn of the Fallen]\/a in my inventory.
    (3) I walked up the stairs at the Threshold of the Fallen until I got the message that the Horn was humming then right-clicked the Horn and selected Use.
    (4) I get the message Too Far Away and cannot proceed through the zone.

[IMG]

NOTE: I also tried a variety of other spots on and around the steps with the same result.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

You have to be up on the landing at the top of the stairs.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Doesn't work there either. I tried all over. However, once you get the green message that the Horn is humming, it was usable right at this spot.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

So, today I got up, reset my timers, picked up new solo missions, and tried again. Today the Horn worked perfectly...

There still may be a bug here, but we'll have to see if it happens again.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Ragna Well-Known Member

Be sure to clear your target. Having a NPC targeted will gives you the "Too far away" message.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Nothing was targeted. I had actually killed almost everything aggro, and sent all the citizens safely home.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I've run this twice on two different toons and haven't experienced any problems. Maybe something random...
  8. Chrol Developer

This is a strange one. The “Too far away” message indicates a targeting issue which the horn should ignore. Will look into it. In the meantime, if this happens again you can try with a new horn by deleting your current one and re-entering the Threshold of the Fallen where you’re supposed to use it. That should place a new horn in your inventory.
  9. Chrol Developer

The only way I was able to reproduce this was when I targeted a non-attackable NPC from further than 50 meters away. Not a whole lot I can do about that as it needs to have a target element to it to allow you to use the horn to charm her adds. SPOILER!
    Breanna likes this.