Fixed Internally Daini the Wright on Maj'dul: no more quests

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Mermut, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

Daini the Wright was bugged on Maj'dul, having done far more research than she should.
    She says she's 'finished' now, so won't offer any more quests.
    This means people can't earn more tokens or get more status or rewards for tradeskilling.
    In the past, researchers have always continued offering quests, else the items they sell are unattainable for new players/toons and in future expacs.
  2. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Yeah this need to get fixed, Daini needs to continue to offer quests, even if she is finished researching her list.
    Cyrrena and Kuulei like this.
  3. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I believe this is the issue:
    From the patch notes: All public researchers should more reliably randomize their offered requisitions.
    The problem seems to be that although they tried to "randomize" the quests, the researchers will only accept the items they previously were accepting before the change.
    I started in Recuso Tor and I did indeed get a quest from Daini the Wright last night. I went and harvested then created the Door Ram the quest asked for, however she would not take it. So I went to Seru (as that was the item previously crafted for Curator Ferris in Sanctus Seru) and Curator Ferris did indeed accept the item and completed the quest. However he would not give me a quest in return and neither would Daini.

I am guessing they didn't create more than 3 total recipes and the attempt to switch it up between the researchers failed?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Oh she is done now, yeah I need more currency from her, so yes, she needs to continue to offer quests.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  5. Caela Well-Known Member

Yesterday's issue was Daini was giving the wrong quest, and only Ferris would accept it to be turned in.

Today's issue is Daini has had enough of us and has decided she's not going to research anymore.

I wonder if the Devs just turned her off for the time being until they can get her to cooperate better.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Merriel Well-Known Member

Yesterday, Daini had the quest feather over her head but wouldn't give me anymore quests. Today she says she doesn't have anything left to research, so yeah, definitely a difference between yesterday and today.

Hopefully they will fix these npc's to work like the ones in the Anchorage, who continue to give quests even when there is nothing left to research.

I don't have nearly enough tokens yet...was able to purchase the recipes for the trees but haven't even gotten enough yet to purchase the recipes for the tomes, little lone to buy anything else from the merchant.
  7. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Reminder if this is an issue you are experiencing to also like the first post!
    Breanna likes this.