Shadow harvesting still not working

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by tonyashy, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Nope, I think you need to have reached the Aurelian Coast part of it to get the book and be able to have the skill activate.
  2. Argosunited Well-Known Member

My toons that are 110 tradeskill that haven't done the TS Sig line now have a shadow prospecting skill of 5. No staff, no scroll, but they have the skill.
    They haven't even done the prelude thing.
    [IMG]
    Bludd likes this.
  3. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Yes, that is also intended.
    Semperfifofum and Breanna like this.
  4. Bludd Well-Known Member

good to know!
  5. The-Plethora Active Member

Something still doesn't look right to me even after the update and going out harvesting. Level 120 sage, completed the tradeskill timeline, have the staff yet I still have no shadow prospecting skill and have a recepie that was awarded as part of the timeline I believe that requires shadow prospecting that I can't scribe. Any chance of a fix?, not sure what is going on if some people who haven;t even done the timeline have shadow prospecting, default UI btw.

[IMG]
  6. Argosunited Well-Known Member

You need to /bug it. In game and I'd do it in forums as well. I'd also send in a ticket.
  7. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I got one of these tonight on a Sage I was leveling. I got it during the harvesting in the Shik'nar cave. The buff only lasted 5 minutes for me and I could not harvest from a shadowed node. I could see it and I could try to harvest it but I never got a pull off of it. I'm lagging way behind on some of my skills but unless I just had a bad streak I don't think you can harvest it until you get the shadow prospecting skill.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  8. Argosunited Well-Known Member

My toons at 110 tradeskill that haven't done the sig line, nor even started it, have a shadow prospecting skill of 5. Maybe it's based on tradeskill level?
  9. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

OK this is finally an explanation. I saw a scroll, right clicked and it offered to scribe it. I scribed, then it disappeared. No skill was listed in Abilities, no message in chat.So I wondered what that was all about since everything was auto-scribing recipes and such and it didn't look like a recipe, but an Ability.

TLDR, the scroll thing is confusing, but apparently it activates Shadow Harvesting, so just scribe it I guess. The text on the scroll could be clearer.

I also want to chime in about the Orb, I think it's the best part. While doing a harvest quest, I often get one, and just pop it when I'm near finished. I never once got one before I did the Tradeskill quests so maybe that bug was fixed. I finished the TS quests just this weekend and hadn't done more than one quest until Friday. The orb encourages me to do the quests which I guess is the point of it.

So new question:

Is it possible to skillup Shadow Harvesting? How do we do that?At some point, will there be a chat message that says "You get better at Shadow Harvesting 25/500" or some such?

Big thank you to Niami for this: http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=g883
    Niami DenMother likes this.
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

25 is the current cap for it. Anything above that right now comes from mount gear. (Anyone who has a raw skill before mount gear above 25 found a bug/exploit.) 25 is where it "should" be near the end of the TS line. If you are below 25 and have finished the TS line, AND you have harvested at least 1 normal node since the Thursday patch, then you've found a bug that the Thursday fix didn't fix, and you should /bug it.

~Mum
    Breanna, Kasa, Arcos and 1 other person like this.
  11. Almee Well-Known Member

I read Niami's article on shadow harvesting and it sounds needlessly complicated. It is turning a feature that was fun into a stress-inducing feature which doesn't sound like fun at all.

Whatever happened to just coming across nodes, as we adventure, harvesting them, and then continuing on our way? I always thought that was one of the most enjoyable parts of the game and very relaxing (unless I accidentally came across an epic mob I didn't expect).

DB has turned harvesting into a complicated, stress inducing feature similar to experimenting. I guess it is good for people who like to live on the edge but not so good if you just want to relax and have fun playing.

I think it would have made much more sense to let us transmute dropped armor to get the required mats. I hate having to destroy stuff instead of turning it into something useful. Every single piece of gear should be salvageable and transmutable. I spent months building transmuting skills just to have them fly out the window with the newer expansions. It makes me feel like I wasted my time honing that skill.
    Rhodris likes this.
  12. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I sold a mana for 7 million plat just 5 days ago on the broker. That's twice the price that krono is drawing right now.