So how is Luclin back together?

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by Cusashorn, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Well this is the newest development about this moon , the post began because somebody was wondering why Luclin was whole again , and now we get to find out more about it .
  2. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

Well, it's also a tad confusing that there are societies there, outposts, and a major city. Now, I thought that the Duality said it was reformed through Chronomancy, aka rewinding time?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Dude like this.
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Yeah I made this thread before I completed the Tears of Veeshan content, so i got to see the Tear of Veeshan being used to amplify Jorlak's chronomancy powers to restore the moon back in time.
  4. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Heavy chronomancy was involved.

Edit: Nevermind, I see you found the story in game.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Ah, I didn't realize I had necro-posted the thread, but hey, always good to add info to a relevant thread in case some people search for it. I was kinda in the same place as you a couple years back (left after Cobalt Scar and came back while the game was on Kunark Ascending).

And welcome back, Cusahorn, I hadn't check the name of the poster, glad to see you back. You talked a lot about lore with my husband back in the day (Llogwey). he stopped playing altogether but I remember you.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

It's so nice to see that people are not just dust in the wind , but that they are remembered.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Just going by what I see of Luclin outside the cities, on the surface of Norrath, it doesn't look all that "whole" to me; it looks like it's still leaking material through the barely patched (with spit, duct tape, and crossed fingers) cracks all over the place, and if the shissar stop holding hands, it's gonna fall apart again. :-/

Uwk
    Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  8. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The art assets of the destroyed moon haven't changed. I'm kinda glad that they didn't touch that.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

It looks like it did sort of get back together kinda; the cracks aren't as wide, and there's less material oozing out at both ends than there was. ;->

Still looks like it's not really "together," much, other than very fragile-y. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Luclin's rotation makes it look like it's more "back together" at certain points than others. It hasn't changed since launch.
  11. Jems Member

It actually was explained, and very explicitly at the end of the Age's End: shattered fate quest, which is part of the Vesspyr Isles Timeline.

It was raid-level content in its day, which is why I believe it may have been missed by many, but it's a breeze to walk through with any level 120 Character now.

Spoliers:

In last part of the quest you work with Lord Luclin and Queen Antonica plus an army to defeat (unsure if it's the sleeper personally or just a GIANT DRAGON) and the cronomancers who are part of the army work their magic to reverse time to the point that they send the (again unsure who the dragon is) back into Luclin, thereby reversing the damage and putting the moon back together. And restoring all the lives, buildings and towns etc. that previously existed (as per the EQ1 luclin having towns). It's part of the reason why some of the NPCs on luclin hint to having what seems like amnesia or not being sure what time period they are in.

It's quite the sight to behold. An impressive cinematic for sure
    I just did it a few weeks ago, so it's fresh in my mind but I would definitely recommend a run through for anyone who is curious and has the time.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  12. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Thank you again. As I said already in this thread, I made this before I got to the Tears of Veeshan content after I came back last year.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Jems and Breanna like this.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

but the expansion made it clear to all that dragons tried to destroy us all through out the year both Freeport and Qeynos were under constant attack
    When the next expansion came out the moon was mostly put back together and all the npc s where saying that Karafym is traped inside like a pokemon in a pokeball .
    Nazy, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, that whole "thank the gods the dragons can't get through these invisible domes over Qeynos and Freeport" bit was both nerve-wracking (mainly because of all the NPCs yelling about it constantly...) and pretty cool, especially for anyone who's a fan of the Dragonriders of Pern series (at least, the originals... ;->): "Ooh, look! They're protecting us from Thread! :D"

Uwk
    who's said it before and will say it again: there are few things that can't be fixed by sufficient quantities of duct tape :D
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  15. Bleanienia New Member

The "How" is explained in the story quest for Blood of Luclin, at the start of it, at least, basicly choronomancy, rolled luclin back physically 1 or 2 seconds after the bomb went off and blew luclin up, then more chronomancy (and the player) set the moon in a time 5 or 10 seconds, AFTER it "WOULD" have gone off, thus cementing luclin as "whole" again, in time, (so incase the time magic poofs, the moon will still be there whole) . then the BoL and RoS, stories shift to Luclin (Goddess).
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Dang meddling Doctor... :D

If anyone sees a dark blue Police Call Box up there, we'll know exactly what happened. ;->

Uwk
    Schmetterling, Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  17. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I really wish I could close this thread. As I explained already, I made this thread right after I came back to the game but before I had a chance to work through the past content that I missed, including the conclusion of the Tears of Veeshan expansion.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Geroblue like this.
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

well Cusashorn :D you opened the can of worms can't get them back inside .
    How is it going ? still happy you came back ?
    This thread will die by it self dear , as long as you keep that Beserker kitty out of here and maybe that Ratonga too.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What, that German Ratonga...? ;->

Yeah, once enough of us derail the poor thing, it'll probably die of its own accord. Good question originally, though. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.