Found the issue with Chelsith (DEVS PLZ)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Fix Luclin, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Fix Luclin New Member

I have discovered the reason so many people are complaining about the need to nerf the chelsith zone ie the prequel requirement for the BoL timeline. It requires the Fount of Power buff that no one in the current expac/quest line is it mentioned. All new players and boosted characters have to now go back and zone in to Planes of Power or Start the library sig line with the clicky to be sent to the tribunal.

WHY ON EARTH would the DEVS make the zone require that if no where in the start of the quest do you get that buff. How are new players (who are given a free 110 boost) supposed to know this. I can almost guarantee that new players came in kept dying in a SOLO and then quit. Whats the point of advertising the game on facebook, IG, etc to new players if they can't even do this content.

Also no where in the expac does it mention ascensions which is still a huge part of dps. Yes there is the trainer in Rescue Tol (or however its spelled) but why doesn't it mention or guide you to this very important piece.

Please fix this fount of power buff and make it so zoning into the duality gives the buff. There is zero reason to make new players go somewhere else without ever being told they had to... and YES that buff IS a requirement to do the expansion.
    Argosunited and Bludd like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You might post this in the Bug Reports forum.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Bludd Well-Known Member

yeah zoning into chelsith should grant fount of power

or maybe the duality should have something on him that he'll detect if you dont have it and say "oh and take this youll need it" and grant you the ability
    Cyrrena and Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr like this.
  4. Fix Luclin New Member

i highly doubt its a bug as a dev mentioned before on discord or something (all you have to do is zone into the plane of magic) ill post in the bug as well. but its a really huge oversight by the dev team
    Cyrrena likes this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Just because there is a work-around, doesn't mean it isn't a bug :)
  6. Bludd Well-Known Member

yeah but that was during christmas break so that the person having issues could get a work-around
    now is time for dbg to fix it because frankly it is in their interests to do so. new players seeking to do the bol sig line will get smashed going to chelsith without it and they may just quit which doesnt help dbg and us either
    Argosunited and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Shady1 Member

I'll admit as a returning player, it was EXTREMELY frustrating. I ended up joining a guild and having someone run me through it.

You zone into heroic and they are Solo mobs with Insane Stats (5 shot dead)
    But you zone into Solo??? They are freaking TRIPLE UP x3 Heroic Mobs and hit HARDER than the heroic dungeon monsters! (1 or 2 shots dead!!!!)

I almost quit, because wanting to come back just to experience Luclin again, then to find out oh no you gotta do the summers quests, all 3 years, for the adorns and gear, on and you gotta do the previous two sig lines for a buff and to be able to access Luclin.

All only to find out in the end that Luclin is super not Luclin in any form of what I remember. (Maybe they just brought back the high end raid zones) but as a leveling Beastlord in EQ1 I found it really sad there was no Shar Vahl, no Paludal Caverns, no Hollowshade Moors. No Bazaar, none of that city between bazaar and paludal. Just a couple zones I had no idea ever existed, so got absolutely zero nostalgia.

Top that off with the fact that LIVE is pretty much DEAD, full of elitist weirdo's who prefer to play mmo's with 12 keyboards and monitors like some kinda antisocial lawnmower man, I was going to just quit anyways.

But then I found Kaladim. Oh Kaladim. How I love you. I have leveled up almost to 50 as a freaking GUARDIAN solely through GROUPING in DUNGEONS. That, literally could never happen on LIVE. NEVER. Not unless you were 6 boxing. Or if you paid real life money to people to do it.
  8. Kaitheel Developer

You will see the following change as part of the next update:
    • Entering "Deep Chelsith: Vault of Omens [Solo]" now grants the "Fount of Power" buff, no matter if you have the buff spell in your spell book or not.
    Hopefully this will help to ensure everyone gets the buff, as intended!

~ Kaitheel
    Carynn, Faeonara, Tangris and 8 others like this.
  9. dorotea Well-Known Member

Thank you Kaitheel this has been a *huge* issue. Many people that were new or returning after a long time away (which is what you want to see happen, of course) were picking up the 110 gear, going in to the prequel and getting clobbered and enormously frustrated. There was not even a remote hint that there was anything we needed to do other than grab the free gear and zone in to the prequel. General chat on quite a few servers has focused on what players need to do to survive to get to Luclin to get the gear there. Do we need to do the panda quests. Do we need to redo Chaos Descending. Do we need to grind our abilities to master or grandmaster. I have never once seen anyone in general chat even mention a "Fount of Power" buff. Not simply giving the buff, since without it we couldn't even come close to beating the zone, was urgently in need of a fix and I am both delighted to see it and relieved that now I may do a lot of content before visiting Luclin but it isn't absolutely mandatory that I do so.
    Kaitheel and Faeonara like this.
  10. Almee Well-Known Member

I noticed that the last time I took one of my character through, Kaitheel. Thank you for making that change. It was a huge help.
    Kaitheel, Argosunited and Faeonara like this.