Fixed Internally Housing Portals

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Darcmoon, Dec 17, 2019.

1. PsiberDaemon Active Member

just "liked" to keep it going. I am having the same issue as well. It's not exactly a deal breaker for me, I can game it using Fast Travel I suppose but it IS inconvenient and should be addressed. All toons are on AB.
  2. Katzandra Well-Known Member

I have worked out a system that works fairly well for my main character, but on days like today when I am gathering in alts from Frostfell Village and checking harvesting plants, etc on multiple characters, this portal issue is really annoying.
  3. PsiberDaemon Active Member

Another update but I didn't see this being addressed... do we even know if they are working on it? Not trying to flame, just genuinely asking as I didn't see a post from anyone saying they were aware of it and looking into it.
  4. AOE1 Well-Known Member

This isn't on the update list for today and no telling when, or if it will get fixed. It seems they are quick to get that money from your credit card every month or year or however you subscribe but not so quick to bother to respond to issues on the forums.
  5. Contessia Active Member

this bug is a pain , and having to buy guild doors for all my houses that have a portal in the guild hall is nuts and using up status ,,,,
  6. Marae Well-Known Member

I have heard back from GM Violetann, with a similar response to the one posted above: that this is not something In Game CS can help with, but that the portals should "repopulate" as we visit houses. I replied to let her know that the lists do not repopulate, that this appears to be a universal problem for people on all servers, and that it has persisted for weeks (since the December 17 update). I requested that she help us get the message to the devs since we have seen no acknowledgment here that they are even aware of the problem. I told her it has been /bug reported and that this thread is now 3 pages long and growing. Hopefully she will understand and try to get a message to someone who can help us.

Meanwhile, all of us who haven't already should /bug report it, "like" the first post in this thread, and encourage everyone we know to do likewise.
  7. Katzandra Well-Known Member

My guess is that they aren't considering this a serious issue and likely, based on how they have instructed GM Violetann to respond, they don't really understand how the portals used to work and how they are working now.
  8. Breanna Well-Known Member

Yes it's not a game stopper so probably low priority. BUT OMG is it annoying when you have alot of alts.
  9. chattie Well-Known Member

The portals messed up a couple years ago, you cud pack them away and sometimes when you placed them again they wud work for a whle...they were messed that for a good while but they were finally fixed..i guess we have to wait til they get to them..
  10. Xariama_AB Member

Same issue here. Was working fine yesterday, but thanks to this wonderful "patch"... do you guys even test this stuff anymore before you throw it at us? Please fix it.
  11. Katzandra Well-Known Member

I had such a lovely set up of portals from alt houses into my main house -- which is already maxed with items so I hope they don't expect us to have portals on both ends!
  12. Tkia Well-Known Member

That's not actually doable as we don't have portals for non prestige houses.
  13. Marae Well-Known Member

I heard back from Violetann in response to my request. She said that the best thing to do is continue to upvote (like) this thread. Now that the holidays are over she is hopeful that the devs will be able to get to this. She thanks us for our patience as they work to get everything taken care of.

I don't necessarily believe that they think this is unimportant. I think they are probably just overwhelmed with issues, what with the recent expansion and all. I'm sure that every bug that's reported is top priority to someone, and I don't envy the devs doing triage. Still, I hope they get to this soon; it's bugging the heck out of me! ;)

So if you haven't already, like the original post, and get all your friends to do likewise!
  14. Krupnik Member

I think we should get Donald Trump involved on this one ... he'll get things moving, and that's coming from a Brit!
    And why am I constantly being tagged as a new member?
    I've been playing EQ2 since 2005, and occasionally contributing here almost as long!
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

But you can put prestige house portals in the non-prestige housing like Inn rooms.

Which I have done for several of my accounts.
  16. Marae Well-Known Member

Yes, Geroblue, you can put portals in non-prestige homes leading to prestige homes. The current problem is, those portals will not show in the housing exit window unless they were the most-recently placed portal. If you're in the inn room, you can still click the portal to get to the prestige home, but if you're in the prestige home, there's no portal to click because it's in the inn room you're trying to get to. If we have to have a portal to click on at both ends in order to get to our other houses, with inn rooms we're stuffed, because we can't get that second portal.
  17. Breanna Well-Known Member

They go by how many posts you have made and how many likes you have received. The more you post and the more you are liked you become a well known member.
    Soara2, Krupnik and Cyrrena like this.
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I exit my prestige house onto the streets of Qeynos, then open my character sheet, click on housing, and select then enter the Inn room. No need to travel over to the Inn.
  19. Breanna Well-Known Member

That is a totally different problem. Also the housing tab does not work I tried that too.
  20. Geroblue Well-Known Member

If it isn't one of the current character's Inn rooms I can see it not showing, but all of mine show up on Maj'Dul and Skyfire, of the characters I have used since the patch.

Weird that it doesn't show up for you.