Sanctus Seru: Echelon of Divinity [Solo]

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Merriel, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Merriel Well-Known Member

How is one supposed to complete the final boss in this instance? You have four epic mobs beating on you, the named beating on you, and you are trying to take down the named, the four epic mobs, and the portals all at the same time. I suppose if you are a brigand (or other) with high dps and a good healer merc, this might be possible, but for a low dps toon...impossible.

According to the Fandom Wikia write up the epic mobs are scripted and don't damage you very much....which, for being epic, they don't....but they still damage you enough to keep you from winning this battle.

Why must we fight these four epic mobs? Don't you think fighting a named is enough? This isn't a raid or heroic instance, it is a solo instance, and I don't consider being gang banged a solo job.

I spent HOURS in this instance yesterday, and while the fights were painfully and excruciatingly slow, I was successful, up until this final named, which I am now finding to be impossible to kill.
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.
  2. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Fount Buff and the 500+ Fervor, 100k+ Potency, and insane regen, it is obviously not an equation of gear,.. maybe one has to lick their elbow while hopping on one foot and playing a kazoo,... which was looted out of the poison pools in zone,... /end_sarcasm.

Cyrrena likes this.
  3. Merriel Well-Known Member

Lol, Cey. Ok, so I figured it out, and was successful this time round, but let me tell you, it's a lot of activity for one person to have to do.

First off DO NOT,....I repeat....DO NOT AOE near the Automaton's of Time, or you WILL agro them and they WILL beat on you. Be extremely cautious not to attack them at any point, while attacking the Chronosphere's, and this will aleviate any headache these mobs may cause you during this fight.

Kill Chronosphere's WHENEVER they are attackable (they randomly become attackable so you are constantly having to check them all during the battle). You will be rinsing and repeating this OFTEN during the fight.

In between the times the Chronosphere's are not attackable, attack the named and dps him down as much as you can before you have to attack the Chronosphere's again. If you fail to keep the Chronosphere's down, and they reach 100% health, the event will reset and you will have to start all over again, so the Chronosphere's are number one priority.

Singular Focus is quite useful here, so you aren't attacking the epic mobs, which will quite joyfully join into the fray if you "invite" them to do so.
    Cyrrena and Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr like this.
  4. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Singular Focus, got it.
    Hurt the beasties,.. gently,.. ok,...
    /e looks for Soft Cushions to poke with.

Cyrrena likes this.
  5. Chrol Developer

They should be immune to indirect AOE’s in solo.
  6. Merriel Well-Known Member

They were not. They would agro as soon as I'd attack the portals with aoe's
    Cyrrena and Argosunited like this.
  7. Argosunited Well-Known Member

They're not, or they don't appear to be.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  8. Окхх Member

Oh, there is spheres and agroable epics... just poked him to death every time since beta...
    Cyrrena and Korochun like this.
  9. Chrol Developer

Buuuuuug!

And noted. Thanks!
    Faeonara, Cyrrena, Merriel and 3 others like this.
  10. Luzionist Active Member

Pull the mob back toward the entrance of the room
    Cyrrena likes this.
  11. Dude Well-Known Member

They are not.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  12. Sious Member

are we talking about the room with the circles on the ground ?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  13. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

It is not too difficult. Don't hit Epic mob, kill non-Epic mob only. non-Epic mob appears one time, when final boss is at 50% of health. At least that is what I have had last time I was there.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  14. Friggles New Member

I used my swashbuckler's AOE's to take down the portals and the boss. The Epics never did aggro. Be careful with "tab targeting" the portals it's easy to accidentally target the Epics.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I just stand on the forward edge of the room and pull Lord Seru to me, and then burn him hard. I never get interference from the golems.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  16. chattie Well-Known Member

This quest needs to be adjusted I have completed it on three toons but then i have two others that cant finish him off before it resets..they all start with same gear so gear cant be the problem, of the two that cant finish one has a pet and the other does not. So, I have no idea why i can finish on some but not others..I didn't come here to repeat steps over and over on a quest line..but between bugged quests and failure to complete that seems to be what I'm spending my time doing. This has NEVER been an issue in the past and I don't who in the Norrathian powers that be has decided to tear this game apart and start over but I'm not a fan of yours k?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  17. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

It took a crazy long time to do this fight on my fury. Once it was all over (finally - at least 45 minutes), she hit level 120 and I'm not taking any other characters through this excruciatingly painful sig line again.
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

One advantage I see in running alts through the sig lines is that as my main is getting nicer loot ding Other Stuff, I'm passing it to my alts. I expect that the better geared they are going in, the easier it will be.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  19. Merriel Well-Known Member

Unless your toon is a high dps toon, you are not killing this named without having to kill portals or it's going to keep resetting on you.

The toon I took through was a shadowknight and she was using Fippy Darkpaw as her merc. She went in wearing the gear from the merchant crate at the starter zone and Fippy isn't leveled very high either, so obviously she wasn't going to do the dps that someone who is geared out in heroic or raid gear can do.

Still, it was doable, once I stopped aoe'ing and just used singular focus on the portals.I spent more time taking down portals than I did fighting the boss, so yeah, this was a very long fight, but with success, after a few failures due to aoe's..
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.