Researchable Artifact: Ancient Burnt Token

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Sigrdrifa, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Gninja Developer

That is correct but not intended. We will try to get that as an option as soon as I can get a moment to look into it. For now you will have to turn them in to open up the quests. For clarification you DO NOT need to find and turn all of them in to "unlock" quests. Its just if you have any in your bags you'll need to turn those in to open up the quests the researcher has to offer.
    Breanna, Sigrdrifa and Mermut like this.
  2. Arcos Active Member

Perhaps you could pass the message on to someone who does?
    Whilhelmina likes this.
  3. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Yes, that would be nice.
    Currently we only get 3 common harvests stack (algaes, mushrooms and roots) + a random rare (that one is random) and once every odd day (after dancing around under a full moon wrapped in ham in-between the 12 statuettes of Gladeulfeurha), an additional reward. It's not really enticing to say the least.
    Quillyne and Mermut like this.
  4. Beee Well-Known Member

Researchtime was 1d 0h 7m before and after turning in 3 items. If it changes something it's not visible for the players
    Mermut and Udonn like this.
  5. EmJay Well-Known Member

I agree with all of the above. Plus I would also like to make a comment about the same darn harvesting quests from the three researchers (one less than anchorage, btw) You have to harvest the same stuff every single time and make the compass, effigy and door ram. I would like to see more harvesting quests added along with a better reward system. As it stands now, this whole system is boring as hell.

So, who's in charge of putting the Staff of Luclin in game????
    Rhodris, Sigrdrifa and Whilhelmina like this.
  6. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

As far as I know, Caith.

And yeah, more quests would be nice even if I can live with them if I have other rewards. Right now, I don't run researcher quests because they'll level anyway and they're a hassle to do for close to no reward (need to go to three zones then harvest, then craft then go turn quests back, which takes too much time for the rewards we get).
    Thinking of rewards, I would like to see tradeskills advanced/empyral books coming from those quests (it's TS quests after all) and a chance at progress potions added to the loot table.
    Rhodris, Quillyne and Sigrdrifa like this.
  7. Poetic_Justice Member

It's still broken, I gave Daini the Wright two of these artifacts and her progress is still 3hours and 10days, never changed.
  8. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

time reduction on researchers is usually counted in minutes, not in hours, so without turning 50ish of those, you probably wouldn't see the difference.
  9. Melkior Well-Known Member

Only problem with not running these is you won't have the coin required to buy the completed items. The recipes are actually expensive, like 150 coins each. But yes these are a bit of a hassle since it involves so much running around. If you are a high level adventurer and completed the Sig line you can use the 'Will of XYZ' potions to move around a bit faster.
    Breanna, EmJay and Sigrdrifa like this.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

Except 99.9% percent of the time you get coins.. and gathering mats.. The ONLY thing of use is the coins. We'd get more mats faster by just HARVESTING. Even during double coins I couldn't make myself spend time on them....
    If we were able to just use some of the nearly worthless piles of already harvested mats, the current rewards would be commensurate with the effort.
    Sigrdrifa and Quillyne like this.
  11. Melkior Well-Known Member

Sometimes I think I miss what people are trying to say. I clearly don't understand here. I never said it was a good way to get mats. I said that I needed the coins to buy the recipes. If they are obtainable another way, I haven't managed it so far. Yes, Other rewards would be nice, like the previous researchers. But until I find a way to get the recipes elsewhere, I'm stuck doing them, even with poor rewards.
    Breanna, EmJay and Sigrdrifa like this.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

I'm not saying the coins don't have use. But there are so many things to grind out at this point that I (and apparently many others) don't have the... fortitude... for a grind that is JUST for currency.
    It also appears that rewards are 'stuck'.. they're not returning 'harvests'.. they're just returning gathered materials. When you check the 'loot crate', there are many other things we should be getting. It feels as if a decimal pt was misplaced or something.
    I confess to be totally baffled that the actual recipe books tradeskills need to make semi-useful items ISN'T in the loot crate, but that's not the primary issue right now. The fact that none of the rest, combined, are coming up even 10% of the time (even other types of harvests) indicates something is 'broken'.
  13. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I agree with both.
    My problem and the reason that prevents me from running those is that the rewards are not interesting right now (I can get more harvesting, and apart from a couple of mount gear recipes, you don't get much). I would rather wait a bit for them to implement meaningful rewards instead of just grinding coins.
    But it depends on what you really want. If you really want tons of coins and all the rest is fine with you (or meaningless to you), go for the quests. For me, and Mermut seems to think the same, it's more frustrating than rewarding right now. And I don't play a game to get frustrated, I play a game to have fun. Right now, it's not fun and rewarding enough for me as it is. If I could get a steady stream of recipe books including empyrals and progress potions or a random shadowed rare or stuff like that, it would get more interesting.

EDIT: well, I see we posted at the same time with Mermut, so yeah, what she said. Pure grind for only coins is frustrating for us.
  14. Xianthia Well-Known Member

For how the quests work right now, using our own mats would be a fantastic change.

If things aren't changed (reward wise) I can't see anything else than just grinding enough to purchase the one/two etc recipes as they become available.

Here's hoping things are being changed/looked at/improved.