Researchable Artifact: Ancient Burnt Token

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Sigrdrifa, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Does anyone know what to do with this?

\aITEM -789814761 -1828428798 0 0 0:[Researchable Artifact: Ancient Burnt Token]\/a
    Poetic_Justice likes this.
  2. Mizri Active Member

Do you have the lastest update downloaded?

In the launcher you can check files to make sure everything is up to date.

Good luck.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Yes, I am up to date and files are good. None of the researchers in BoL seem to be interested... maybe I'll check the Duality and the Anchorage and my Tradeskill researchers...
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Morddred New Member

I have an ancient metallic token.. I am wondering if this is something they haven't put in the game yet....
  5. Beee Well-Known Member

I got a Indigo and a Consuming Fragment of Shadow no idea about the use atm
  6. Udonn Active Member

I've tried my researcher, looked for someone in talon's grasp and mystic library to no avail. Wish they'd at least assure us it is not in use yet, or was something that should have auto-deleted so we're not wasting a lot of time looking.
  7. Elinea Well-Known Member

I'm holding onto it, but so far, I've tried the researcher in the zone where I found it (the overland, not the instance...but the instance is next). Also tried the research assistant in my house. Nada. I've also tried roaming around the overland zone with tracking up, looking for any npc's that I haven't noticed before or that don't have a repeatable feather.

(edit: Went back through the instance where it dropped, in case there's a hidden npc or something there, but there's nothing).
  8. Tabri Well-Known Member

I have one called Researchable Artifact: Ancient wooden totem, I have no clue either, Im just going to put it somewhere until we all figure it out :) I was going to try the things you all have but I see you already tried most everything.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I've had no luck at all. So far this is what I have checked:
    • Talked to the three BoL researchers
    • Talked to the Duality and the Head Researcher in the Duality's Sanctum
    • Talked to my tradeskill apprentice
    • Talked to all the folks in the Qeynos mage tower
    • Spoke with the Order of Flame researchers in Lavastorm
    • Inquired among the people at the Ironforge Exchange in North Qeynos
    • Checked at the Castle to see if Queen Antonia was interested
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The Convocation of Cataclysm Sages in Aurelian Coast aren't interested.
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Praisead New Member

I received one too and it says a high level researcher (when examined) might be interested. So I am thinking they might want to look at and study it the in Luclin zones but only after they have finished all the things they already have to research. I am not sure the researchers level but the way they wrote the description on it I thought it a possibility. I am hanging on to it just in case. Might try the ones in the cave in Cobalt Scar tomorrow, but not really expecting them to be interested.
  12. Beee Well-Known Member

Would guess we have to wait for friday's patch
  13. Poetic_Justice Member

I have one too, and no one seems to know what they are used for...
  14. Gninja Developer

These items are able to be turned into the Public Tradeskill Researchers for bonus progress. There was an issue causing them not to be read. I checked in a fix and it should be coming in the next update or two depending on if it makes it through QA.
    Neiloch, Beee, Sigrdrifa and 3 others like this.
  15. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Thank you Gninja. At least someone is reading and responding to some of the posted problems by the developers.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  16. Beee Well-Known Member

I gave 3 of the Research items to Xavi Heliul
    (1578076803)[Fri Jan 3 19:40:03 2020] You say to Xavi Heliul, "I would like to turn over the Ancient Scuffed Token"
    (1578076803)[Fri Jan 3 19:40:03 2020] \#00FF00A bonus has been applied from the applied "Mischievous Beasty" effect!
    (1578076803)[Fri Jan 3 19:40:03 2020] \#00FF00A bonus has been applied from the applied "Vigilant Researching" effect!
    (1578076803)[Fri Jan 3 19:40:03 2020] You receive \aITEM 2090111019 -2088323387:Research Reward\/a.
    (1578076803)[Fri Jan 3 19:40:03 2020] The reward has been applied to the current research progress!

But neither the research progress changed not i got any Benefit (eg coins or thomthing for this)
    In my opinion in the
    \aITEM 2090111019 -2088323387:Research Reward\/a there should be more than nothing

Not very satisfying :confused:
  17. Gninja Developer

How exactly do you know the progress was not changed? Remember this is entire server working on that progress not just you so you likely won't see an increase with every turn in. Same as within the Anchorage researchers.
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Arcos Active Member

Whilst you're here Gninja perhaps you could comment on the rewards the researchers give compared to that for the Anchorage and other events. In thsee you usually ended up with far too many potions, books etc than you really needed. Is that why with this expansion apart from raw harvestables there are hardly any other rewards at all?
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

Right now, you can't get new quests until you've turned in ALL research fragments.
    The quest feather doesn't show up and the quest isn't even offered until you turn in all fragments.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  20. Gninja Developer

I don't really handle rewards. Can't really comment on that.