BoL Solo Instances ...really??

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Bianqa, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

They're not HARD, they're just incredibly, painfully, SLOW.
    Quillyne and Taemien like this.
  2. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I did the entire sig line in Beta and didn't have the problems I am having in live. It is much more difficult in live and seems that the mob placements makes not getting add ago of a group of 5 or more nearly impossible in places. This is NOT fun people. This is ridiculous. I realize that there are some of you that can blow through anything with ease but the majority of us can't. Can we get a little compromise so we can all enjoy what we paid for?
  3. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Post #89, on page 5 of this thread.

Happy Holidays all!
  4. Tasburath Member

Maybe give the crafters a temporary stealth that mobs cannot see through in the coast. There would still be risk as stealth would drop when crafters harvest so they would have to position themselves properly.

I did the tradeskill line on my level 100. I got through it but can definitely see it being very painful for low level adventurers to get through.
    Argosunited and Tangris like this.
  5. Taemien Member

That only applied to one of the dungeons I've seen. Ruins of Sshraeshza. But not Vault of Sshraeshza.
  6. Leed Active Member

I got through it on a guardian, but wow was it slow. Infusing, and getting potency up didn't really seem to help much. I wonder if guardians are being lumped in with like SK/monks/etc in terms of damage scaling, when they are more like a defiler when you take away their orange mastery adorn. Done it on alts too - and even a fury/healer in gear from CD (hadn't put any new gear on him) is WAYYYY faster than the guardian AFTER equipping new gear in almost every slot and fully infusing it with pp/infusers from CD.
  7. Xianthia Well-Known Member

It probably hasn't happened yet since we've not had any updates since that post. I'm expecting it will be on next update (after the holidays?).
  8. Taemien Member

It took effect in Ruins of Sshraeshza. Some of my harder hitting spells were 1 and 2 shotting some of the mobs in there. The bosses went down in just under 2 minutes. Some things were hitting hard enough to warrant healing from my merc as well. It felt normal.

But it could be that it was the only dungeon normal from the start and the patch hasn't applied. If that's the case, I dunno why they sat on it. Waiting till after Christmas may prove too late.
  9. Chrol Developer

Vault has the same buffpackages as all the other solos so those mobs would take increased damage from priests as well. Maybe it’s a specific boss mechanic that’s preventing incoming damage? I know of at least one in there that has such a mechanic.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  10. Taemien Member

I saw normal damage appearing.

When I did Ruins, it was maybe 30 min after your post describing the mobs having their hp lowered. So I definitely saw the effect of it. But when I did Vault later in the signature quest, they were as tanky as the mobs in Fordel Mist, Seru, ect. a day before.
  11. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I'm telling you what you already know, but.. There are at least two in there that have "damage immunity" until you do something and there seems to be a mechanic which avoids AoE except direct a lot more often than I'd expect. Or does half damage or some such (not just the solos but many mobs lately, even landscape where there are few linked mobs). I've been playing warlock so I'm sticking to the encounter spells, and that seems to help. Not everyone has green/enc skills though.

@Taemien
    The first named in there, you have to pick up the two purple balls which increases her damage and yours but makes it much faster. Each one gives her damage reduction until you pick it up. The other mobs have a similar damage block. It's not the HP of the mob in this case, it's the technicalities. I think they're all technical in there.
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.
  12. Taemien Member

I knew of the mechanics in there. And as I said, my damage was normal. Not reduced. Unless they reduce it on the backend after the numbers pop up, which I'd imagine to be a bug. Either way I knew about the orbs, knew about the adds you kill to damage bosses, ect.

When I didn't do the mechanics, lower numbers pop up or don't pop up. When I do them, they pop up as their normal rates of damage. My issue is dropping 20,000,000,000 (that's 20 Billion, with a B) damage and barely seeing the HP move. How much are you all hitting for?
  13. Chrol Developer

If you mean the eternal sentries (those shissar skellies) then yes, they are immune to indirect aoes only until initially pulled. I had to put that in there because they were aggroing through those vault doors like they were world class thieves.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
  14. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

My eyes cross when I see such numbers. At this point I do two things: 1, I count the number of numbers to see if we're talking billions or hundreds of millions. We're going to have to start writing these numbers as 20x10^6 or something. And 2 I try to not think about it and just focus on how much time it takes instead. If I had to guess I'd say around 250 million damage per spell hit? I'll have to screenshot or log it next time and see.

How long did it take you to finish it?

Was the difficulty with all mobs or just the bosses?
  15. Taemien Member

I think just shy of 2 hours. And it was all mobs that had same crazy tankiness to them. I skipped most of the mobs in the underground part where you jump down and single pulled that boss back just to save time. But prior to that, you can't skip. Even had to drop charm on one of the only charmable mobs in the zone since it required EVERYTHING to die before the boss spawned.

On that note.. I really wouldn't mind more options for charms. All of the Sanctus Seru mobs are not charmable, and nealy all of the mobs in Vaults aren't as well except for the one I mentioned. In the dungeons where charm is available, it helps alot.
  16. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

It took two of us about 1.5 hours, so while it may seem really slow, it's pretty much what we're seeing too. Since the mission quests... well there are lots of them, so I'd expect a faster finish time (compare with Kunark Ascending solos). Hopefully some better gear will drop with enough times through. I seem to be the queen of infusers at the moment.

I echo the charm issue. I've gotten out of the habit and now use Possess Essence. I wish that spell lasted for 12 hours or something. I once used PE not realizing I had Santa Glug targeted and got him following me all over Frostfell village. But it disappears if you zone. Other than such moments, I'm not very happy with charming as a coercer. It feels like it lost its soul when the charm mechanic became basically cosmetic while continuing as temporary, tied to the zone. If you meant something else, sorry.

It made sense to have the coercer pet disappear once you zone when it was a mob from the zone. However, now that it's mostly about PE, it doesn't have any reason to continue that way. Well, none that I can see. Having some mobs you can carry with you through a zone would add to the fun of solos I think. I'm guessing mobs aren't doing this because the mobs are designed to hit people with a Fount buff and not each other. It might be a juggernaut.
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Since I'm still using last tier's spells (albeit Ancient and Celestial), I'm getting more outright resists than usual. It reminds me of the old days when spells could "fizzle".
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.
  18. Taemien Member

Charmed pets are incredibly strong. I always nab a rockhopper or golem out in the open world. And since the changes in some expansion (happened during my last hiatus), it lasts a long time. 35 minutes at the highest and never breaks early. Possess Essence is only useful when there is no charmable mobs.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'm curious... do the charmed rockhoppers have two stoneskins like the ones in the wild?
  20. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

The two stoneskins for them in Binding has to be a mistake.