Fixed Internally Invis with the new auto attack change

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Reptoid, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Reptoid Member

Currently, with the new auto attack change as a ranger you can no longer use invis attacks to start combat. Also any sort of attacks or spells that put you invis to be able to cast such spells dont work too well since the auto attack breaks you out of them. I'm sure this was an oversight but if this could get fixed that'd be great. I'd really rather not have to press a macro that turns my auto attack off every single time I want to cast an invis attack
  2. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

have you completed the Myrist Signature line? Rangers get their Epic 2.0 abilities, which allows them to not NEED to use Stealth for said attacks,...
    Cyrrena, Siren and Breanna like this.
  3. Reptoid Member

This is for the TLE server, sorry forgot to mention
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  4. Sonnyjim Grumblestump New Member

Friend was having problems like this on her assassin last night too, and it really tanked her DPS
  5. Maddleaf New Member

Character Teck, level 60 assassin on Skyfire, about auto-attacks and stealth. This has greatly broken my assassin. With auto-attacks on i cannot start combat with Mortal Blades or Assassinate, which are vital abilities for an assassin. Even after combat has started when i go back to stealth to try and use those abilities they mostly don't work. This is also for the abilities Massacre and Stealth Assault (AOE's).
    Taking off auto-attacks in a group setting is ok but for soloing the auto-attack damage is needed.
  6. Reptoid Member

Need a dev to please look into this. It is breaking the game right now for most scouts.
  7. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Sesnsible approach is probably to have combat/auto attack not start until initial casts are completed & on the hate meter.

Rather than have it start immediately when hostile ability is used, and auto firing instantly. Can imagine this would really hurt TLE
  8. Reptoid Member

Or just also have it pause whilst in stealth how its been forever
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Uyaem like this.
  9. Sonnyjim Grumblestump New Member

Knowing what to look for, I can confirm it's not just happening with predators... My swashbuckler also can't start combat with a stealthed ability like Shanghai... Luckily for me, I don't have as many attacks from stealth as assassins, so it's not wrecking me as badly, but it's still easy to replicate:

1) stealth
    2) start combat using a stealthed combat art like Shanghai (swash) or Assassinate (Assassin :D)
    3) combat will start with an immediate autoattack, and the stealthed CA doesnt go off.

Fingers crossed it's an easy fix
  10. Jupiter Member

Adding to the list of people unhappy with this bug. My guess is that this was an unintended side effect of the autoattack changes that wasn't thought through because most stealth requirements have been lifted on live, however they still affect TLE servers.

Please fix this!
  11. Tobias Fünke Member

Pressing a stealth attack and having it immediately turn on autoattack and break the stealth required to use the stealth attack doesn't seem like intended behavior.
  12. Uyaem Member

Got to agree.
    Can you work around the change? Most classes can, but it is a detriment when levelling/soloing.

Howevr, it's super inconsistent:
    • Either have abilities that take you into stealth not cancel auto attack, or make the character intelligent enough to not trigger auto immediately, but at the end of the cast like Errrorr suggested.
    • Ranged auto attack (wands) already work like that: Ranged is (re-)enabled at the end of a cast.
    What was the point of the change anyway?
    • If it was supposed to make it easier for dps scouts, that backfired (for some classes)
    • If it was supposed to streamline the behaviour between wands and regular ranged/melee weapons, that also didn't happen
  13. Velros Member

how dare you come on this forum and post feedback.. for shame reptoid.. for shame
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  14. Carynn Well-Known Member

Adding to this: ranger has a sniper shot that only works when stealthed and it deals a large amount of damage with a slow cast time. It's supposed to be use as a first shot, but now I can't use it that way.
  15. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Using sniper shot on an initial hit in any scenario but solo's is monstrously wrong, and not maximizing dps.

Solo content is so easy you can press any random ranged CA with an auto and hit a mob down to like 30%, or dead.
  16. Carynn Well-Known Member

Lol, true, but I'm talking about solo first hits, usually against heroic mobs, like when I don't want to be arsed to find a group to kill SoS top level mobs for hat update or I want that shiny under a hive bug butt.

Somedude posted how to get around that first shot issue, so not an issue for me anymore. I can time the other two stealth hits.
  17. Trickshott New Member

Just got back to the game last night after being gone for two weeks. Didn't even hear about this till last night in raid. I thought something was wrong with my computer. Has there been any response to this or anything discussed at all? A little rough to be effective for DPS in raids when a good majority of your DPS isn't able to be done. Just curious if they plan to fix it or not?
    Trickshott
    Kaladim TLE
  18. Tobias Fünke Member

Devs are on vacation. We don't know yet if they plan on fixing it.

You should be timing your stealth attacks in between autoattacks anyway, but to give yourself a little room for error (and if you want to start a fight with a stealth attack) you can change some stealth attacks into macros that turn autoattack off temporarily. It's dumb that you have to do this, but it is what it is.
  19. Kittik Well-Known Member

I'm starting to get very upset with this broken mechanic.

I can't use 3 out of my 5 "Requires Stealth" abilities at all. And they are 3 of my largest attacks.
  20. Kittik Well-Known Member

This isn't how it works. Some of my attacks take longer to cast then the timer of my auto attack lasts. So by the time my ability has finished casting, my auto attack timer has reset so it takes me out of stealth, fires a shot or swings, and then says, "you must be stealthed to use this ability."

ALSO, you can't start a fight in stealth anymore. If you try to start a fight in stealth before, (reguardless of the ability) you can cast any "stealth required" abiltiy, you'll remove yourself from stealth and auto attack before the ability has finished casting.