Fixed Internally Housing Portals

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Darcmoon, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Darcmoon Member

Most of the portals to my houses are not working. When I open the screen to either leave the house or go to another one with a portal, the list only has one or two listed. They still work if you click on the portal itself however.
    Liandra, Skaw, Zynt and 56 others like this.
  2. Marae Well-Known Member

I have the same problem. None of my houses show more than one portal exit in the exit window. It doesn't matter if it's an inn room or a prestige home, or whether the portal is in the house you're in, or in the house to which you want to go. It's very inconvenient. I have logged out and back in, logged in different characters, tried on both my accounts, etc. Nothing works. Clicking on the portal itself does work, fortunately, and you can always exit to the local city.

Everything was working normally before the update today.

I sincerely hope this can be fixed quickly.
    Soara2, Turtlemum, Rose and 4 others like this.
  3. July New Member

Here's a little more information, in case it helps: It's happening on the Thurgadin server on both my accounts (I don't have anyone with housing on any other servers), and no custom UI is installed or in use. It does not make any difference what method you use to get to the Housing & Leaderboards window; it always only shows one portal exit. The portal that shows seems to always be the same one in a given house, but there is no indication that I can determine as to how that portal is selected.
    Soara2, Rose, AOE1 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Verde New Member

I'm having the same problem on Antonia Bayle. I tried removing the portals and placing them again and still only the most recent one I put down shows up as an exit option.
    Soara2, Turtlemum, Rose and 1 other person like this.
  5. Quillyne Active Member

Same issue on HoF
  6. Katzandra Well-Known Member

Aside from one portal that seems to work 2 ways, all my portals to my main house are one way. I can go from the portal into the house it links to, but I cannot return to the house where the portal is located. This messes up my finely tuned network of houses! (Maj'Dul Server).
    Juraiya, Soara2, Turtlemum and 4 others like this.
  7. Krupnik Member

My problem is exactly as described by Marae above. This is so inconvenient and a bug that should not be plaguing us at this time, especially as a result of introducing a new expansion. I have avatars on 3 different servers: the European server, Thurgadin; and 2 US servers Maj'Dul & Skyfire. The problem persists on all 3 servers, so presumably on all the other servers too. Quite frankly, this is just not acceptable!
    AOE1, Soara2, Rose and 1 other person like this.
  8. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Same issue and its a PITA for characters in my raid guild who are trying to get to my private guild. I have to fast travel to the Antonica docks to instead of porting into my guild via the house door. This happens on all my characters on Thurgadin, Skyfire, and AB.
    Soara2, Rose and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  9. Katzandra Well-Known Member

Let's just hope its a bug and not a new feature!
    AOE1, Barbarosa_Rex, Soara2 and 2 others like this.
  10. Tkia Well-Known Member

The problem also currently exists on Test.
    Soara2, Faeonara, Rose and 1 other person like this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Ok I waited for all the downtimes this week before I posted, this is still occurring both on Kaladim and AB. And the house it chooses that I can go to is random. One time I may be able to go to City of Mist, another time I may be able to go to Hua Mein Retreat, another time I may be able to go to a guild hall one of my other characters is the leader of. So something is terribly messed up.

I have uhmmm lots of characters so my teleportation network being borked is a nightmare.
  12. Heinzy Active Member

Omg are housing portals broken now?
  13. Katzandra Well-Known Member

Ditto Cyrrena.

This might seem like an inconsequential "bug" in the grand scheme of developer headaches, but setting up my network of houses took a lot of time over many years. I was quite proud of the achievement. I can only hope this is a bug and limiting was not part of an intentional change in the way the premium portals work. I know many of us will be quite unhappy if the 2 way portals we came to love are nerfed!

Has there been any "official" comment about this?

Perhaps a Discord user knows more than we do here on the forums?
    AOE1, Juraiya, Soara2 and 6 others like this.
  14. Linnette New Member

I have an alt army and with all the coming and going into different houses, this is taking up way too much time.
  15. AOE1 Well-Known Member

I have the same issue only it is usually the same one house showing. So far on this thread it appears there is not going to be any response. I do not even understand why they have a forum in the first place since generally over the years the only ones that respond are the players. It is like talking to a brick wall.
  16. Xille Member

My main character's house is the crafting hub for all my alts. It's where I keep all my crafting stations and depots (harvest, fuel, collectible, etc). In fact, each of my 20 alts keep their tradeskill apprentices there, too. This bug has crippled my ability to move characters to and from there.
  17. Keilesstar New Member

I'm having the same issue with the housing portals. Tried replacing portals, nope didn't work. I noticed this right after the last maintenance 20th Dec. Skyfire server.
  18. Katzandra Well-Known Member

Apparently you can choose ONE portal that you desire to be 2-way, reset it, and it will work.

The loss of my portal system continues to be saddening and disappointing. Connecting houses with the 2 way portals was a big selling point for the prestige houses and is one reason that many of us have chosen to continue to support this platform (EQ2) with our membership subscriptions, and countless purchases of expansions and -- yes -- houses and housing items.

It would brighten the holidays to have a staff person at least acknowledge the issue and let us know the prognosis.
  19. Daenee Member

From what I can see, it will link two houses/halls to the location of the last placed portal if there's any portal link remaining between the two.

I placed a snowy dwelling portal in a dojo and they linked. I placed a snowy dwelling portal in a GH, and the snowy dwelling and GH were linked, but the dwelling forgot the dojo. I then placed a dojo portal in the snowy dwelling, and they linked, forgetting the GH. ...Yet when I picked up the dojo portal, the link to the dwelling portal in the dojo was remembered as the last and did not revert to the GH link.

I hope it gets fixed. It's quite inconvenient.
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The only thing I have found that remembers everything, is the Guild Hall Teleportation Network. Which is not convenient if you are already in a prestige house and it does not remember your GH.