Cloudrat Memorial being constructed by Archeria

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Darkzypher, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Chikkin Well-Known Member

She was a giant lady with a giant heart and I'll miss her greatly too. Her dojos are on all servers, Everfrost (now Halls of Fate) was her main server, and Test server was her second home for years. She made armies of crafters on all servers, ready to help make things for others, ready to drop what she was doing to help someone in some dungeon, or to explain specifics of gameplay.

I'm keeping her guild Holders of Truth on AB alive and I'd like to contribute to her memorial wherever it is
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hopefully it's still somewhere on Thurgadin! :)

Uwk
    Soara2, Xillean, Dude and 4 others like this.
  3. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I asked a Dev if a plushie of Cloudrat (possibly on the sparkly cloud mount) could be made that would be a teleporter to honor her and have her in our homes/guild halls.
    Argosunited, Soara2, Momo and 8 others like this.
  4. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

I am very sad to hear of Cloud's passing. It was always a treat to run into her on AB or TEST. I once made a tree topper that looked like her for Frostfell, as I teased her that she looked just like one.

You will be missed, Cloud, rest well.
    Soara2, Schmetterling, Momo and 9 others like this.
  5. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I can't believe our Cloudrat has left us. Although I didn't know her personally, I have known of her for many years. She was such a stalwart of the game - someone you thought would always be there, forever (even though nothing is truly forever...). Her travel dojos were and still are legendary.

Rest well, Cloud - you more than deserve to put your paws up and let your sparkly cloud mount sail the stars, taking you on new and wondrous adventures.
    Argosunited, Soara2, Momo and 10 others like this.
  6. Ellah Active Member

I didn't know her personally although, like many, I benefited from her dojo and every time I used it, used to wonder at the commitment of one person to help out the community on the game she loved. People she would never meet, people that would never say thanks to her.

I never said thanks so please add mine.

I really hope they do something very special for someone who was so dedicated and selfless. She deserves it so much.

So sad to hear of her passing :(
  7. Merriel Well-Known Member

I truly am thankful for Cloudrat's contribution to the community by keeping the travel dojo's up for all of us. I never knew her personally, though we did exchange in-game mail once where I offered to drop a portal she didn't have in the home, but she said she didn't need it as there was another portal that would take you to the same place in the home.

Ellah, if you used her dojo and voted on it, that was one way to thank her, as it helped to keep the dojo at the top of the list where it could easily be found. :)

I am excited that they have added Cloudrat's dojo to dev picks. Well-deserved, and I hope they will continue to keep it updated with new portals as they come out.
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  8. Xillean Well-Known Member

I hope she is resting in the clouds sipping tea and having a grand adventure!
    Argosunited, Soara2, Dude and 3 others like this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ooh, yeah! That last would be brilliant. :)

Uwk
    Soara2, Xillean, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  10. Misstake Well-Known Member

Darkzephyr is on the AB server, so I would imagine just mail it to her on there and it could be a book or a note or whatever you would like to use. If you need help getting one on AB just let someone know. I can always give you one or one of the other many Homeshowians can too =)
    Soara2, Dude, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I just found this thread , I met Cloud on the test server and I am in her guild
    I am looking at the house actor sitting at her desk like she was still alive :(.
    she looks like an angel ratonga and now she is with the angels for real I am sure.
    I never knew about those dojos I will have to take a look at those.
    I am a silly toon and I remember her stern looks she gave me.
    Remember her for the good times and celebrate her live , that is the best way to honor her
    maybe we could get a painting of her as her best known toon , the ratonga with hallow on a cloud mount , we can hang in our homes.
    She was a real hero

And if you want to honor another great lady who is still alive , honor Niami our awesome Den Mother.
    Argosunited, Soara2, Dude and 6 others like this.
  12. Breanna Well-Known Member

And if you want to honor another great lady who is still alive , honor Niami our awesome Den Mother.[/quote]

Agreed Den Mum is the bestest ever.....
    Xillean, Soara2, Cyrrena and 4 others like this.
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

My sincere condolences.
  14. Cheribomb Well-Known Member

I don't even know what to say after hearing of Cloud's passing except acknowledging what an impact she had on all of us. I didn't know her personally but feel that in some way I did with the magic she sprinkled in the game for all of us. I always wanted to make a Cloudrat angel tree topper for one of my trees but thought it might be weird :) But I can say that if I do in the future it would be in her honor. Thank you Archeria for constructing a memorial for her. Warm hugs for everyone.
    Sincerely,
    Cheribomb
    Argosunited, Breanna, Juraiya and 2 others like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The Frostfell merchants, the ones up at the entrance level, sell Ratonga tree topper statuette type house items. :)

Angel wings, halo, etc. :)

Uwk
  16. draidean Well-Known Member

Apologies if I missed this somewhere will it be on AB? Do you want to copy it on any other servers? I can help with dojos if needed. I didn't know her really and so don't know what I would say in a note but I want to help if I can in some way.
    Celestiell
  17. BladeKnight New Member

I have known Cloud for over 20 years she was a super hero when it came to gaming!! ! she had to have ever crafting class on ever server at the highest level so that she could be able to help other players she would tell me. I surely will miss her and think about her often.
    She surely left a mark on this community

Blade/Fortis
  18. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I only "met" her once but that's all it took to know she was brilliant and kind. I think the Dojo decoration is a great idea.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen! And I made sure to get every toon of mine the Ratonga Tree Topper. Love the fluff text for it. :)

Uwk
    "It's just the wind...really... /sniff"
    Breanna and Rosyposy like this.