Gear Up Level Up Final Week!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Dec 6, 2019.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

The Final Week of Gear Up Level Up begins on Tuesday!
    As with previous weeks GULU Bonuses are only active on Live Servers.

[IMG]

Hail Norrathians,

Your travels through beta are almost at an end, you've beaten the Dragons, and constructed monuments that tell all of Norrath the tales of your battles!

Limited Time item drops can be obtained from Chaos Descending missions crates and will grant you a bonus based off of their type, such as Mount Training which will decrease the time remaining to train your current training mount. Limited Time items can only exist in your inventory until they expire, so don't forget to use them!

The Final limited time item Familiar Training Drops, will be available from 12:00 PM PT (noon) on December 10, 2019 until When we bring the servers down on December 17, 2019 when the Blood of Luclin launches!

Also as a quick note, I know many of you have been asking about other types of bonuses (Guild Status for example) Stay tuned in the next few weeks for announcements!

Be sure to use this time wisely as you prepare for continuing adventures in Norrath and Blood of Luclin!
    Kittybock, Cassta, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  2. Tangris Well-Known Member

Kinda sad since anyone with the CE, PE will not use them since we will be getting new ones on 12/17. :(
    Cassta, Breanna and Zartayn like this.
  3. Sniper Member

So disappointing honestly
    Cassta and Zartayn like this.
  4. Unnattural Member

Desperately wanted research time reducers again :(
    Cassta, Auphe and Tajar like this.
  5. Rarkevan Active Member

At least by not having to chase down these familiars timers we'll instead have plenty time to devote on Frostfell!! The most wonderful time of the Norrath year!
    I hope for pretty new frosty armor, if not in game, at least on the Market place, and gifty bags, hurray, and cool Frostfell goodies and mounts to spend DBC on!
    Cassta and Juraiya like this.
  6. Sniper Member

It wouldn’t be so bad if they didn’t have a time limit and we could use them for BoL. I am sure more people would be inclined to run groups and such.
    Cassta and Zartayn like this.
  7. Avithax Well-Known Member

Gaggelu grows stronger by the day!

(never used the stuffedanimaldragonpuppy from Anchorage)
  8. Zartayn Member

Benefit from this years GULUs is that at our household, we havent felt much of an interest in them at all, so we have plenty of time for other stuff than EQ2.
    Cassta, Tkia and Rarkevan like this.
  9. Rarkevan Active Member

Same here, Zartayn, which is good for the family and for RL and for getting ready for the holidays. I am not complaining, at least I'm not feeling stress of falling further behind for BoL!
    Zartayn and Cassta like this.
  10. avashi Active Member

This thread is becoming the Grinchiest one of the year in. Merry Frostfell everyone! :)
    Kittybock, Cassta, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  11. Thand Well-Known Member

Was a god time to get a new fabled famailar
    Cassta and Cyrrena like this.
  12. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Some familiars are unique. My 'Chechin, of the Dark' will appreciate being trained for my beastlord's stealth abilities.
    Cassta, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  13. parissa Well-Known Member

I am really happen for all the training and research potions we have gotten... It helped me catch up alot with my way too many alts... Some of my familiars are really nice and I am planning on keeping them... Thank you again for all the GULU you guys have given us... I feel like we kinda got extra spoiled since it usually didn't go this long, but with release of the expansion being later we got extra treats... YAY us...
  14. Niokissa New Member

I've really enjoyed GULU too, since I'll be buying the standard expac and using my leveled up familiars and mounts.
    :)
    Cyrrena and dreamweaver like this.
  15. Glenorian Well-Known Member

I'm always happy to get training and research potions for my mounts and famiiars. I use them on my tradeskill ones. I realize I'll likely get an upgrade (eventually...won't be right away for me) so having that "excuse" to beef up my tradeskill mount and familiars makes me happy :)
    Cyrrena and Dude like this.
  16. Hot_Rod Member

been doing 5-10 missions a day on 2 characters (each), and haven't seen a single potion drop on Rivervale since the merc pots ended... never did level a familiar anyway guess I still won't.
  17. jbc1948 Well-Known Member

Just a thought for future Gear Up/Level Up events.
    If you are dropping items which are subject random chance you should always have some for sure perk happening also.
    Say for instance you have mount research as the random drop maybe also have 50% xp or 50% status etc.
    If a player is lucky or can play a lot to improve chances that's fine. If not so lucky at least you'll get something for sure that may help leveling.