I've got it!

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Kittik, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Kittik Well-Known Member

Ok, half of it. Maybe less. A quarter.

Once at level cap there isn't much to do other than raid, but even raiding can become a bit of a drag after the first boss you kill doesn't drop the piece you needed so you're stuck in the raid for 2 more hours knowing you're getting no benefit.

So what if at level cap (70 for now on Kaladim) you have to earn 500 Advancement Exp (made up name, name it whatever you want). And it works like this:

Level 70's cannot become level 71 until they've earned 500 Advancement Exp. To earn advancement exp you can raid or do a series of quests (quests similarly to the tiered guild exp quests). 1 Exp for ever mob killed in a raid zone, 3 for every boss. The quests give out their own awards, but you'd have to do them all, maybe even repeat a couple to get the 500 Advancement experience points needed to flag you as qualified for advancement. The raiding component would give incentive to raid for those who feel they're done raiding until the next exp pack drops.

If you don't earn the 500 advancement exp points when release happens, you can still advance like normal, but it takes you 600,000 exp from 70 to 71 verses 300,000 exp. (I don't know the real numbers). This qualification lasts for 1 week after the expansion is released, then it's taken away.
  2. Zenji Well-Known Member

Nice straw man there. So this hypothetical player only has 1 item they need in all of the raid zones, and it just happens to be from the first boss of a zone. You know how unlikely that is? Also to have reached the point of only needing 1 item across all the raid drops in KoS, that means that player has acquired several other pieces of gear from several bosses in multiple zones + contested raid mobs.

Maybe they could just continue to "drag" themselves through the 2 hours of raiding to help their guildies also get gear. If the only reason you show up to raid is to get gear for yourself, then you really aren't the type of person DBG needs to be catering too.

How about instead of wasting developer time on a ridiculous new system that entire purpose to artificially create a grind for something that won't even matter for another 7+ months. They spend that same time, balancing raid / heroic content, fixing itemization by creating appropriate gear progression across content. You know, fix the game and content they have before adding more crap too it that know one wants.
    Ursa Minor, Dude and Korochun like this.
  3. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I know that OP is speaking english, but I really have no idea what you're saying bro.
    nrokin, Siren and Dude like this.
  4. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

If raid gear wasn't barely a gnat's nut-hair better than solo/heroic gear then there might be a bit of an incentive to raid. If the content wasn't so easy that a group of quadriplegics on quaaludes could clear it, there might be more to do than one-and-done.
    dirgenoobforreal and Dude like this.
  5. Somedude Active Member

Actually, the OP seems to be describing EQ1, should go give it a go.
    Dude likes this.
  6. nrokin New Member

Why not just take time playing the game instead of rushing it, especially on a TLE server. Like i said in one post I been playing since 2006 and I dont have a max level character yet. Then again I don't do raids and hardly ever group. Never really had a problem finding something to do though. Maybe make another character and just do things at a slower pace i guess? Dunno.

Hate to say it but mmo players are never happy from my experience, EVER. I feel sorry for the Developers.. Like just play the game and be happy for once. At least this game isn't like SWG and dead.
    Sixgauge, Breanna and Dude like this.
  7. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

If you never had issues finding content to do in eq2 since the year 2006 either you haven't played since 2006 or you play very few hours a week. And thats okay. But don't come in here and tell people who plays the entirety of the game to just be happy when you have no idea what you are talking about.

its like people commentating on heroic and raid content only to share that they only decorate houses anyway, but feel the need to share their invalid opinions.
  8. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Or like people that power level to cap feeling the need to weigh in with invalid opinions on solo leveling.
  9. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Most of the time raiding is farming gear you don't need, but it helps the other 23 people that might need it.