New player thinking of starting in EQ2

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Lokibane, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Lokibane New Member

As title says I am new player thinking of starting up in eq2. I have played EQ and just recently started that again but with my membership I see I can also try out EQ2. Question I have is will I be able to find groups and other people to play with as I will be leveling a bit slowly compared to people who know how to play more.
    Momo, Carynn, Saw-Lau and 3 others like this.
  2. Tajar Well-Known Member

If you have a sub, I would suggest the Time Locked server, Kaladim. It's kind of like vanilla EQ2 so you can learn the game and there are much more lower level folks. On the main servers you will find the place to be a ghost town until you hit level cap. Once you've got your bearings you can always come to a live server too :)
    Momo, Saw-Lau, Soara2 and 2 others like this.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Welcome to EQ2 Norrath and enjoy your journeys. As Tajar said, if you are subbed, then try out Kaladim first. Find a good, casual, friendly guild that will help you on your journeys, Court of the Blood Rose and Aftermath are good, talk to members of those you may find online.
    Momo, Saw-Lau, Soara2 and 2 others like this.
  4. Soara2 Well-Known Member

I will be making a new necromancer on Skyfire server this Saturday. I will be on cst 9am to 6 pm off and on during those times. I will post a name if you are interested in playing with me on Saturdays only during those times. I have been playing 8 years now and am looking to consolidate into one account. I will be making a total of 7 but one will be boosted. I am going to make all 7 but work one at a time. I am not looking to level slow btw. Not at all. You have all week to piddle around though
    Momo, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  5. Raff Well-Known Member

The Live servers would be a far better intro to EQ2 than any TLE. Have some fun on live, find a guild and some new friends for the new xpac. The go experiment on the TLE's. That style of game play isn't for everyone.
    Momo, Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

If you land on AB, look up Raff and his guild Lava Forged, they are good people.
    Momo, Dude, Saw-Lau and 3 others like this.
  7. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Well I am still at work 14 hours later, think I am missing this weekend.
    Momo, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  8. jeremiya-AB New Member

Welcome when you do join. It's one of the great gems of community in the MMO world imho.
    Saw-Lau, Momo, Dude and 3 others like this.
  9. dorotea Well-Known Member

I have just returned after many years away. General experience tells me it is best to start on a standard server - test things out - learn the ropes - then consider the specialized servers. There are advantages to time-locked but some of us feel awfully restricted if we cannot at least see what the later content is especially if we have bought the later expansions. A player new to the game has no reason to lock-in to early content for reasons of nostalgia after all.

Cyrrena I noted your recommendation since my new toonling <chuckles< was created on AB.

New player note - performance was worse than awful starting to play immediately. Find the box on the launcher for a full download and wait patiently to play after it is complete or you may have a ...less than impressive … start to the game. First impressions are important. Mine was awful until a kind person told me about that full install option which was hidden under another option.
    Juraiya, Soara2, Momo and 2 others like this.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Oh you poor soul, you got that hideous streaming version didn't you?
    Breanna, Momo, Dude and 1 other person like this.
  11. dorotea Well-Known Member

>Oh you poor soul, you got that hideous streaming version didn't you? <
    Yes - once I found the hidden download option all was well.
  12. Draventhorn New Member

Hey! Old player returning as well! What is the most populated server these days?
    Soara2 likes this.
  13. dorotea Well-Known Member

I keep hearing Maj Dul may be the highest populated. Haven't gone there to look I prefer things less crowded.
    Soara2 likes this.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Maj'Dul and then Halls of Fate for regular live servers. Kaladim is the only TLE and is highly populated. AB for roleplaying and decorating but you need to join homeshow channel and rplfg channel to find people as most turn off general chat to avoid the trolls.
    Soara2, Breanna and Dude like this.