Closed / Unconfirmed Murkscale Drake Mount Animation Issues

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Ichoris, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Ichoris Well-Known Member

When walking the animation doesn't cycle properly and will pop back into place at the end. It's very distracting when it happens and looks bad.

I also noticed that when I'm flying the drake is walking in the air. There is no flying animation like other mounts have. Not sure if this is by design but it doesn't look correct.

This is the mount we had to get high faction building the monuments and also costs 60p. The model looks amazing but the animation looks very bad. Since it was quite a bit of work and money to get this mount I hope the animation can be fixed. Thanks.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  2. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I'm not sure what mount this is, let me check it. If it's popping all over the place someone has it tagged wrong.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  3. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I can't reproduce this here, it looks good on my end. How are you using this? Is it just a summoned mount or are you using in appearance slot?
  4. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

PM me your character name and server.
  5. Ichoris Well-Known Member

Thanks for looking into this so fast. I'm not using it in the appearance slot. It's just a normal summon. One thing that might be an issue is that I'm currently using the 'Oceansfull Adventurous Othmir' Illusion. So I look like an Otter and I seem to ride the mount standing up. My walk animation (my character) plays when I move while on the mount. Could this be causing an issue? It's the only thing I see that I wouldn't call normal.
  6. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Do me a favor and turn off the othmir, that is probably breaking the mount.
  7. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I'm betting the othmir states are overwriting normal player character states.
  8. Ichoris Well-Known Member

Yes. Somehow the Othmir is messing up the animation. It's working fine once I turned it off. When I saw the Othmir walking in place while riding I figured that might be an issue. Wish I had seen that before posting. Sorry that I had you waste your time. Thanks for looking into it so quickly.
  9. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

No worries! I actually tried years ago to get the othmir working on mounts but it was too big a job. They may still work for a couple of them though.
  10. Ichoris Well-Known Member

I love the Othmir!! They are cute and I like all their animations.

Too bad they don't work. Since they are not a (normally) playable race. I'm sure it's not worth the time and money to get them working for all the mounts. Thanks for trying at least.