Confirmed Daily Objectives quest is stuck

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Balcerak, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Balcerak Well-Known Member

I got the quest for Daily Objectives as usual, and finished two of them (harvesting 40 items and killing 2 boss creatures) and got my coins for completing it. But it remains in the quest helper box. I now have slain 8 of 8 different creatures, so the quest helper is showing I've completed 3/2 parts of the daily. There is no way to delete it. Note this is with the default UI.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's had that issue before, so please, folks, help this one out so we can finally get it killed for good and all. :-/

I've also gotten notices (more rare now, but not unheard of) where you think you've finished, then zone, and have one of your "finished" things come up again at less than finished (23/25 critters killed, for instance), so you have to make up those last numbers. The only good news with that is that you get daily tokens again. ;->

Uwk
    Doobius40504, Juraiya and Breanna like this.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I always /bug it when it gives me extra tokens. I never want to be accused of exploiting anything so I figure if I /bug it and tell them that it gave me X number of extra tokens then I am safe, because whatever you normally do will usually complete those objectives.
  4. Svenone Well-Known Member

I believe that it happens when you happen to complete the 2nd and 3rd objective simultaneously. I think the code is using an =2 check when it needs to be using an =>2 check. I have bugged this before and even mentioned it to Devs, but they apparent don't care.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, this recent time last night/early this morning, I was just going for the "kill 25 things" one (and racking up at least a couple for the "kill 8 different types of things" one) in Eastern Wastes, all the blizzard dervishes and icegaze basilisks right there by the wizard spire. I'd killed my 25, went back to Freeport, alted to another toon to do other things, only to find I'd apparently killed only 24/25. Sigh. Went back in with my killin' toon, got the last blizzard dervish I needed, and got credit for THREE different types of critters for some odd reason, even though it was just like all the other blizzard dervishes I'd already gotten. :-/

I'm going to zone out with her now, back to her hometown, and alt back in with someone else and see what happens. Wish me luck. ;->

Uwk
    Doobius40504, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, this time it worked, but the 3/8 "different" types of critter is still there as well. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Svenone Well-Known Member

Apparently this bug is too hard for them to fix, or they just don't care (nah, it couldn't be that!), because it has been around for a LONG time and not even a peep from a dev regarding this bug. Or maybe I did see a dev say that a fix was harder than it seems. If that is true, there has to got be some really sloppy coding going on at DBG!
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Apparently, way back when in the Stone Age when dinosaurs ruled the Earth and Win95/98 were still platforms for this game, there were a bunch of "bandit coders" who went "on strike" by deliberately creating spaghetti code and demanding this, that, and other things from SOE or else they wouldn't fix or delete it. "You can't even fire us, 'cause then you'll never fix it! Muahahahaha!" to which SOE replied, "Screw you, you're fired. We'll take our chances." But I thought that the Daily Objectives stuff was long after that? Or maybe the spaghetti-ness has traveled? :-/

Uwk
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You will find dangly bits that affect lots of things that they shouldn't have anything to do with. Malicious programmers like that will insert lines of code in areas that they do not even program just to affect those areas as well. Its just spiteful as they believe they will be kept around, blackmail fodder.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, this time, I'd done my "make 3 different items/gather 40 things" by making 4 different items for the New Halas City Festival folks (1 Black Coffee, 1 Deer Steak, 1 Sunfish Roll, 1 White Tea) and gathering in Moors to fill some Tier 7 gaps. Came back, turned in my stuff, got my City Tokens, etc.; went on another City Festival quest a few minutes later to gather 25 mats for them and had my Daily Objectives RESET and automatically snap back to completed again, giving me two more Loyalty Tokens. It's not my fault, but yeah, I'll also /bug this, since who knows what else could be wrong with it? :-/

This is the first time I've seen it do this in particular. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  11. Elysse Member

I have the same problem as the original poster
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Just got this again today; had killed 25/25, gone to another zone to harvest mats, and while zoning didn't eliminate any of my kills, the minute I started HARVESTING, my kills went down to 22/25. X-P

Obviously still a bug. :-/

Uwk
    Juraiya, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  13. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I get this about 2-3 times a week as well as getting double tokens. I do not /bug my double tokens like Siggy does though. If I have to have my OCD triggered regularly with a 3/2 quest objective that will not go away then the extra tokens are compensation for that.
    Juraiya and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Argosunited Well-Known Member

best they don't touch it. if they do it might not work for weeks.
    Zynt, Juraiya and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Marae Well-Known Member

I've had this happen occasionally. I just figured I'd done the quest too close to its reset time or something; I was focused on other things and never thought to bug it. I have so many loyalty tokens an extra 2 doesn't make much difference, although it is appreciated. I probably won't start /bugging it (I'll probably forget), but I will upvote this thread.

On the other hand, Argosunited's comment strikes a chord. Given recent events, I'd also rather they not risk breaking it by "fixing" it, at least not until they get their backlog of issues under control.

*marae sends encouraging hugs to all the devs who are working on making our gaming lives easier*
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Zynt like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, didn't even get my Daily Tokens yet (this happens A LOT), but had killed 25 things (Eastern Wastes; gotta love it ;->), then went to a different zone to harvest 40 things. Went to harvest ONE NODE, had 6 of my kills taken away for a grand total of 19/25.

When is this bug going to even be commented on by a Red Name, let alone squashed once and for all? :-/

EDIT: Oh, and in my initial 25 slaughter, I'd killed basilisks and blizzard dervishes, for a grand total of 2 different types of critter (another criterion). After it had yoinked away my kills, I returned to where I'd gotten them before, killed a bunch more of the exact same 2 different types, and got credit for 4 types of "different" critters, when in reality they were the exact same types I'd killed before. X-P

EDIT: Went back to harvesting; actually managed to complete that without it mucking up my kill totals again (which has happened. Lessons in futility); got my Tokens. X-P

Uwk
    Juraiya and Breanna like this.
  17. Ratalthor Developer

We have not been able to reproduce this internally yet. Does anybody have any additional reproducible steps that we can try?
    Holvarn and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, it's pretty much random, from what we can tell. Sometimes it happens like 2-3+ times a week, other times it doesn't happen for a week or two. :-/

But I wouldn't be surprised to find it happens more often after an update? I'm not sure. :-/

Uwk
    who, just recently, had finished a Daily, only to have part of it "not count" retroactively...again
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Juraiya Well-Known Member

It resets most frequently for me on the harvesting numbers, although it will also do it on the 25 kills.

It usually happens when I:
    1. Send someone out to harvest the 40 items while working on one of Qho's quests.
    2. Zone that character somewhere in order to craft the 3 different items, or the 8 items. As soon as the character zones to my guild hall to do the crafting, the 40 harvested items drops to 38 or thereabouts.
    OR
    1. I harvest 40 items on one character. Send him home, everything SEEMS OK.
    2. Switch to another character to do the 3 different crafted items, or the 8 crafted items, or to do adventuring, or whatever. As soon as I log to the second character, the 40 harvested items drops to 38.
    It usually drops to 37 or 38 for me. No idea why those specific numbers; it's as though it "forgets" some of your harvesting. This is even if I have harvested several hundred mats; it STILL forgets everything but the last (or maybe first) 38 of them.

If I go ahead and do something like the visit 3 unexplored locations before zoning that character out, everything is always good and I get my tokens. But if I zone, there's a relatively decent chance the harvesting numbers will reset. USUALLY the other items on the list won't reset, although occasionally the 8 different types of critters will drop to 7/8, or the kill 25 critters will drop to 23/25. I guess I see the harvesting one the most, because I do so much harvesting. And when I'm adventuring, I'll generally get the tokens by doing both things I need in a single zone.

I very rarely get the loyalty tokens twice. More frequently I get frustrated by the fact that I have to go back and do more of the harvesting, because that part of the dailies has reset. Because of that frustration, I haven't done a /bug the few times I get extra tokens; I feel those extra tokens slightly make up for the frustration of the numerous times it does the opposite to me.
    Holvarn, Geroblue, Xianthia and 2 others like this.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Me too! Cyrrena is a better person than I and dutifully reports it all, but I figure yeah, it's a good balm for the irritating frustration. ;->

Would doing a /bug report immediately after noticing the issue help at all, like for tracking? :-/

Uwk
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.