Why is Queen Antonia buddy-buddy with Kyle Bayle?

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by Cusashorn, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

You see the crowd gathering in front of Qeynos Castle and you see Queen Antonia Bayle and Kyle Anthillius Bayle addressing the crowd about the victory over Kerafyrm.

Buuuut... The City of Qeynos questline specifically revolves around Kyle using the Bloodsabers to help murder Antonia and use her body to give him a physical form AND claim rightful rule of the throne at the same time.

The questline makes it clear that Kyle actually is a rightful heir to the throne, but can't take it while Antonia is the ruling queen. He seems fine with this idea.. at least at first, but then a conspiracy unravels and you, along with Murrar Shar, Field Marsha Vashra, and Lachlyn Cauldthorn help put a stop to the ritual, and that's the last you hear of him in the questline.

So my two questions are: When did he come back into the storyline after that questline, and why is Antonia now kinda co-ruling Qeynos with him? They seem pretty buddy buddy for someone who tried to kill her.
  2. Svenone Well-Known Member

The lady likes the bad boy.
    ConcealFate, Pixistik and Dude like this.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer?
    Pixistik and Breanna like this.
  4. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

The person you see is not the real queen.
    Breanna, Dude, Hartay and 1 other person like this.
  5. Laaw Well-Known Member

Lunar madness is coming, beware things are not as they seem
    Obano, Dude, Hartay and 1 other person like this.
  6. Melkior Well-Known Member

I think there is confusion about what this scene is meant to show. It originally appeared as part of the introduction of the city signature line. Kyle appears and is trying to incite the people into making him King. He states his case for why Antonia's rule is weak and they need his leadership to crush their enemies. Antonia responds explaining why her leadership is better.
    None of this address is about defeating Kerafyrm, as that hadn't happened at that point. The citizens walking around talk about that, but it is unrelated to the speech.

This speech was used to add flavor to the city questline. It takes place before Kyle was ultimately defeated in the conclusion of the timelime not after. It just repeats itself as new low level characters can still do the line. There is no co-rule. Listen to the speech. He wants to depose her. She refutes his position and tells Qeynos not to be fooled.
    Carizia, Xevran, Kaitheel and 5 others like this.
  7. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I was able to see the conversation again, and you are correct. Kyle tells everyone that they've grown weak under the Queen's rule, and she assures them that they're stronger than ever and shouldn't be dissuaded by his claims.

Well, that's good to get that straightened out.
    Kaitheel and Breanna like this.
  8. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

who would want to be ruled by a ghost anyway , I never understood that idea anyway when I did the city quest line
    especially with his history.
    what I am wondering about is the fact that the circle of 10 has committed treason with Baron Ironforge being a leader in that
    Maybe I am just not far enough in the story line , but I would expect a consequence for that crime .
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

The differences in ideologies among the Circle of Ten is actually brought up in the questline, but those directly involved never get any form of reprimand.

Anyway, Kyle mentions that he's supernaturally immortal, not unlike Lucan D'Lere over in Freeport. The only real difference between the two is Lucan still has a flesh and blood body.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

well , if I want to be ruled by somebody like Kyle I can simply move to Freeport .
    I like's my queen thank you very much , but that's just this little ratongas opinion.
    Acuba, Cusashorn and Breanna like this.