Sadly......No groups on Rivervale

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Volkjager, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Ghorast Active Member

Almost as if making a new live server when the old ones could use a merge was a terrible idea.
    Smashey, Ashandra, Soara2 and 2 others like this.
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Step 1:
    Allow Free trade on all servers

Step 2:
    Merge IoR, and another of the less popuated US servers together.

Step 3:
    Promote Rivervale as a 'Catch Up' server. On expac launch, allow players on this server to level to 110 and get a bauble that grants them all the past expansion pre-reqs. Ascesnion max x4 etc with expert spells, Epic 2.0 spells at Ancient etc.
    Lower the cost of plat infusion to deal with the fact this server won't have the same amount of plat as elsewhere.
    Make this server a way returning players can come back to game. Or those struggling on other servers can have a fresh start without losing years of work.
    Grant access to the expansion as a perk of it being a full time paid server..

Step 4:
    Stop trying to divide the population.
    Ashandra, Pixistik, Soara2 and 4 others like this.
  3. Xevran Well-Known Member

I think you just described Kaladim's general chat...
    Soara2, Mizgamer62 and Siren like this.
  4. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

A general chat that is actually used again does sound kinda amazing. Trolls and "chat police" (whatever that is) can easily be ignored toggled.
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. parissa Well-Known Member

If you haven't heard of chat police... Roll on HoF you get trolls and chat police... It gets pretty crazy between the two arguing with each other... And general is used quite regular during the hours I play... I heard Kaladim general is kinda toxic... I don't play there so not really sure... But I have heard the rumors..
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Yeah.

Hopefully they've learned that the huge imaginary population of peeps who want to come back, but are put-off by the plat/status curves is in fact, imaginary.

No doubt there are some folks who feel this way, but the idea that there are enough to justify a whole new server of people who are willing to drop mounds of cash into leveling mechanics is kind of absurd.

I would venture that a large percentage of people left the game because:

(1) P2W and the continual piling on of charcter leveling systems.
    (2) Map size and a lack of content.
    (3) Ascensions and the homogenization of classes.
    (4) Mechanical systems bloat.
    (5) Resolve.
    (6) Hidden combat mechanics.

This server does nothing to address any of those concerns. Better to follows Errrorr's prescription by consolidating the existing population and make it easier for returning players to catch up on any server.
    Ashandra, Soara2, Rotchi and 3 others like this.
  7. Chains New Member

I like the idea of the server but in reality I treat it more like a test server. Using it to test out different classes and see what can be done at higher level. But I play on Halls of fate lots more people there.
    Soara2 and parissa like this.
  8. Jovie Well-Known Member

Rivervale is a nice place to play so far.
    No real drama in the chat, no trolling, no idiocy. Just people having fun.
    People are supportive of others and try to help, from what i have seen.

What most of the negative people in this thread seem to forget that not everyone groups or raids.

People are doing what is fun to them, and all without the chat nastiness of the other servers.
    LarendalAB, Breanna, Soara2 and 3 others like this.
  9. Dauvien Member

Sticking to the OP thread, I'm finding my expectation was about what I thought the server would be.

My guild (Dragon Maw) is playing level locked and we have a small roster of 10 members so we're not seeing grouping issues. Now when we're down a character or two we just back-fill with mercs. Its been entertaining really slowing things down doing quests that I forgot about or didn't know existed. We've actually spent multiple days getting through dungeons (we'd try it.. fail due to level lock, bump a level and try again sort of stuff) and sure we all know this old stuff but not running through it pulling rooms at a time has really been a nice reflection along with getting the lore in too.

Had a new member (yes completely new to the game) ask what is the lore behind Stormhold... I didn't know... I know now and just stuff like that is forgotten when you sprint through it all. Also not having the xp grind of a TLE we've taken our minds off chasing the xp bar and just enjoying the world.

At this point I don't mind paying for what sort of is a "private server" as we have had little battle for contested in the content we're doing. Our experience has been positive (we're gelling as a guild and seeing the sites), and I think there are a few others small guilds doing similar things (know another guild is locked at 30 currently).

I feel the 95 bauble should not had been a thing... those who have jumped I feel maybe have realized the grass isn't greener on the other side and have gone to their original servers (where their PUG and resources are more readily available). All I really want at this point is a year on the server to crawl the content and I'll be happy with the time I've spent revisiting this game.
    Cragfire, parissa, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  10. Redlight Well-Known Member

A couple of trolls that can easily be /ignored really is the issue here for some people isn't it?
    Ashandra and Soara2 like this.
  11. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Welp.. just take a look at the guild breakdown.

50 total.
    41 have less than 10 accounts associated with them. Now, this could be six individual humans, or 4 humans with 2 accounts, etcetera.

This also excludes the possibility of that "rogue" individual that has multiple guilds of their own with their own characters in them.
    i.e. boxing multiple accounts for guild creation purposes only - i mean, there's 4 toons sporting the name guildmakerrr (and its varients) So, who really knows how many humans actually play there. 30 six boxers? 40 two boxers?

I guess what I'm getting at is A) low population and 2) people don't wanna be in "someone else's" guild, especially when it only takes a few seconds to make one, and people will tip you some plat for your time. So before the server even gets started, the community is fractured into these little sub-communities. /shrug. Maybe I thought about this too much.

I do know that it doesn't take long for someone to continually log in and LFG for hours to become frustrated and find entertainment elsewhere, despite the potential trolls that need to be ignored. I've personally spent a couple days trying to convince the 110's to venture into T1 heroics to no avail. I'll keep trying though.. to what end, I'm not sure.

someone's had too much coffee
    Ashandra and Soara2 like this.
  12. Rotchi Active Member

I been playing many online games since early 1990s (MUDs etc.. and yes, I am getting old) and I have not ONCE put anyone on ignore. How people get upset over something said in a game is beyond my understanding.
    Leloes and Soara2 like this.
  13. Boghack New Member

I am brand new to this game and I have been playing on Rivervale and the communtiy so far has been super nice and helpful <3 I joined a guild called Dragon Maw and we are crawling through the game and doing all the older content slowly and learning lore along the way. I'm having so much fun here :]!
    Breanna, Soara2, Rosyposy and 3 others like this.
  14. parissa Well-Known Member

I don't use ignore... when i said imagine all the chat servers together I was laughing at the idea of all them arguing together... but ok yeah some do get upset and put other on ignore... its their choice... not gonna be snide about it /shrug
    Breanna, Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  15. Jovie Well-Known Member

Well well well looks like we have mr assume over here.
    I never said that the chat was G rated and that everyone was in a carebear universe. I said it was basically no drama trolling or idiocy.

It sounds like the server is keeping people like you out of it, because i haven't witnessed your level of infantile behavior yet!

It is also apparent that you are anti Christian. Where that comment came from is beyond me, but it shows your stripes, and they are ugly and they smell.

If Buddy the Elf met you, he would say you are an angry elf, and he would be right.

On a side note, i did a career in the Navy as a submariner. You haven't seen toxic, kiddo.

*edit* almost forgot, and if you do have access to the server, log in and spend some time, you will see just how fun and lively and how adult the chat can truly be, all without the asshattery of normal chats.
    Soara2, Leloes, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  16. Redlight Well-Known Member

You call me Mr. Assume and then proceed to assume all your statements about me. Nice.
    Soara2 and Ashandra like this.
  17. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

A good portion of the few players on Rivervale are only there to farm krono's, they have no interest in the server other than that. You use a lvl 95 boost then level to 110, or use a 110 boost. Stay ahead of the curve, farm plat, buy cheap kronos. Krono's were being thrown up on the broker for 100k plat and I can only imagine how easy that is to purchase with the money you make at 110. Some people have 100k worth of plat in loyalty tokens.
    Soara2 and Ashandra like this.
  18. Spectre Active Member

Launch for Rivervale was not really thought out well.

Competing with Beta, and other servers where they are preparing for a level raise (Insert <Gear Up Level Up> here) on their mains. This should have been a Spring launch IMO. AND if TLE ends at SF, as before, this would be a good place to start a new toon.

I can only hope they would incorporate new incentives for starting on Rivervale since just the free trade concept didn't do too much for the other Isle of Refuge server

Promoting Rivervale ideas:

1) Achievement rewards on Rivervale that are server exclusive
    2) Marketplace exclusives (sort of like Freeport Server had at launch)

I also do not get the reason behind there not being free server transfers to Rivervale. I can see if you had to level up, but with the bauble there is no reason why they should block transfers. Economy issues? There has to be people on the server for economy being affected =P

I like the people on Rivervale server. Keep it Subs to avoid the drama,
    Soara2 and Carynn like this.
  19. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

You haven't met Darb, LOL
    Soara2 likes this.
  20. Beee Well-Known Member

Just checked 5 minutes ago: There are 25% less players on Rivervalve than on IoR.

And even on IoR are to few player to play :mad:

PS: Both /who all showed less than 100 Players :(