Look and Feel

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, May 6, 2015.

1. Bludd Well-Known Member

good post #4000 oh holy ttobey
    this is in no way snarky, but wholly heartfelt
    Soara2, Dude, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  2. Rifuul Anashti's Goon Squad

Hello friends! it's your neighborhood friendly illusion troubleshooter dude again, wishing you all a very happy friday/weekend :D I hope you are taking good care of yourselves!

In honor of the upcoming Luclin-themed expansion, I speak on behalf of our four-armed pals. Though I know I'm probably late to the party in saying this, I AM SO GLAD that an Akheva illusion was granted for NOTD!!!! Having pushed for it on the forums a few years back, I'm absolutely indebted to our lovely animators for making this a reality! <3 They're definitely a huge pet interest of mine. I was overjoyed to see them make their long-awaited appearance in EQ2.

Unfortunately, there are a few issues with the illusion--of course, they are mostly tidbitty cosmetic issues that are of little consequence, but as both a roleplayer who utilizes illusions and a highly detail-oriented person, these are things I tend to notice right off the bat. (I dunno--there's something about logging into my characters, zooming in on their faces, and observing their animations that improves my mood by at least 50%.) The Akheva illusion, sadly, cannot /sit (which isn't particularly surprising because afaik, I haven't seen any of the mobs display a sit animation, as there doesn't seem to have been a need for it thus far from what I can tell.) I don't necessarily mind that they can't mount (although if they could it would be nice, but meh!) Also, for some reason, it seems they hold bows a bit sideways. but, perhaps these issues will be eliminated come BoL's upcoming release.
    [IMG]

As someone who dabbles in animation, I can imagine that rigging a 4-armed humanoid and adding animations to it that look good is a bit of a task. However, I can tell there's been wonderful attention to detail--I adore how when using feign death with the illusion, the xakra (or spirit) rises from the body, the same way the mobs do! Whether or not this gets looked into is less consequential honestly, I am also here to say again, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THAT YOU DO!!! The animators and devs really do spoil us in wonderful ways!!
    Soara2, Rosyposy, Dude and 2 others like this.
  3. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I'll check out the bow.
    Soara2, Dude, Breanna and 5 others like this.
  4. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

ok that's fixed, will go into next art push. I threw in a sit idle too.
    Soara2, Rosyposy, Rifuul and 8 others like this.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Yes you did!! And I waved to you and then cheered!!
    Soara2, Dude and Breanna like this.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Hey!!! What is up??? Other threads are showing up on the main forum page instead of this thread and that is just not right!!! Where is everybody??
  7. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Resting.
    Soara2, Prox, Dude and 2 others like this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Resting? From what? What did everybody do over the weekend that requires resting on Monday?
  9. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Ttobey uses the 2 days a week away from us to regain his sanity. To do that, his routine involves;

Wine
    Wine
    Cute Dogs
    Wine
    Wine
    More cute dogs
    Wine
    Wine

This combo can be quite exhausting if done right.
    Kittybock, Soara2, Dude and 5 others like this.
  10. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

That's pretty accurate!
    Kittybock, Soara2, Cyrrena and 4 others like this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I take it Errrorr has spent the weekend with you and Mrs Ttobey?

I bet Mrs Ttobey would love to come along on the Mini Winter ROAD TRIP 2019!!!!!! Lots of shopping that doesn't cost real money!!
    Soara2, Dude, Rosyposy and 1 other person like this.
  12. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

nah, but I bet he sees my dog posts on twitter.
    Soara2, Dude, Errrorr and 4 others like this.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Good!! I don't think I would let him spend the weekend near me either!!!
    Soara2, Dude, Rosyposy and 1 other person like this.
  14. olleran Active Member

Hi not sure if this is the right place to post but beta does not have an artwork section

With my setting on Extreme Performance I can only see the legs ( not torso or head ) on the horrors ( thought / dread etc ). This was not the case when I first joined beta as day or two after release not sure what has changed
    Soara2 and Dude like this.
  15. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

This probably isn't the right place, but I will let someone know.
    Soara2, Dude, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  16. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

His restraining order means I have to stay at least 100m away at all times :(
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  17. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I created a beta bug forum here, for future reference.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/characters-monster-general-bugs.591580/
    Katz, Soara2, Cyrrena and 4 others like this.
  18. Bludd Well-Known Member

ah great llord ttobey's ddogs are so well trained that they can even post on ttwitter! it's a mmiracle!

i will write this down for posterity
    Soara2, Cyrrena, Dude and 2 others like this.
  19. Bludd Well-Known Member

"and thus it came to pass that the ttobey's dogs could follow their master's wine-fueled commands to spread their master's truth out over the globe-spanning interconnected network of computers. ttobey sipped his wine, his dogs posted and it was good"

the book is coming along nicely!
    Soara2, Breanna and Dude like this.
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

We need a countdown to something!!! Any ideas?