Cloudrat Memorial being constructed by Archeria

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Darkzypher, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Darkzypher Well-Known Member

Cloudrat has touched each and every one of us in one way or another over the years whether it be the use of her Dojo portal to allow us to use to get around easier or decorating advice to make things easier or the impossible... well possible.

Cloud has touched our lives in so many ways and so deeply this is the only thing I can come up with that would remotely come close to being "right" or remotely respectful of her memory.

I've personally been friends with her for more than 5 years, I will miss her dearly. Den mum informed me tonight of Clouds passing and it absolutely broke my heart.

I will be decorating a dojo in Clouds honour (Her favourite home to decorate). If you wish to put a note into the house "To Cloudrat" please mail it to Archeria or Darkseoul... if you see me online I can give you temporary access to place it.

Once the house is complete I will be posting it all for everyone to see.

I hope someone will video it for me and upload it.

At that point I dearly hope and pray that one of the devs will see it and immortalize Cloud forever as a "Dev pick" as she deserves to be.

She is our "Cloud" after all.

You can post any messages you want to send to Cloud and I'll bind them up in a book and place them as well.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Yes, she mentioned yesterday that Cloudrat had passed away back in August or so.. my apologies if I have that info wrong, but this is a good sentiment to dedicate a house to her.
    Siren, Schmetterling, Xillean and 5 others like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Absolutely; perfectly fitting. :)

And I know how this will sound, but given that the devs seem to pay attention to our Wishlists here on Norrathian Homeshow (and definitely Kaitheel will always hear us on Public Test), that might not be a bad place to put such a request officially, Dark... :)

Uwk
  4. Darkzypher Well-Known Member

Way ahead of you Uwk :) -- I have a request into the Devs :)
  5. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

I think I am only one doing videos at the moment. I haven't been watching the forums so I could be wrong. I am happy to do a video or help in any other way. Cloudrat definitely deserves so much.
  6. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

is there any way we could involve the DEVs to bring her current Travel Dojo(s) into a DEV Pick to assure preservation of her memory and usefulness of the dojo?
    /e begins digging through dungeons for something appropriate to donate on Maj'Dul.
  7. Darkzypher Well-Known Member

I've asked for that exact thing to happen waiting on a response now.
  8. Llieam Well-Known Member

Cloudrat was a huge part of the community, her generous nature to drop whatever she had in claims in our homes, guild halls and help out in any way on pretty much every server was unmatched. I will miss her and her travel dojo's are used on every server as a reminder of her kind nature and involvement in the community. I agree, we should preserve her portal houses on every server in the dev pick section - it would seem fitting to put them there as a tribute to her.

I have and will continue to miss her presence in our game.

Wares
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

I never knew Cloudrat, but I have benefited from her ubiquitous travel dojos. I always like the reaction of people when I tell them about the travel dojo, especially during these Heroes' festivals where people really need to get to Fearcreep in Eidolan Jungle, but can't fly yet. Even without meeting Cloudrat, I know that she looked out for the betterment of all servers and the enjoyment of players totally unknown to her.

Thank you for doing this memorial.
    Siren, Aelissa, Schmetterling and 9 others like this.
  10. Breanna Well-Known Member

I did not know Cloudrat either, after hearing everything said though I wish I had. My deepest sympathy to those who did. I think this is a great idea.
    Siren, Semperfifofum, Xillean and 4 others like this.
  11. Rarkevan Active Member

This news just brought a lump to my throat. Before, I had often wondered about the lady who gave all servers this amazing travel Dojo, and who kept rent paid so they stayed accessible. I met her one time in game and she was so kind and funny. It's one of those things that will stay with me in real life, that I played a game in which such a special kind lady made these amazing travel houses so everyone else would benefit. Because it's the right thing to do, helping others, unsolicited. I hope her legacy will remain and the Devs respond kindly.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

"Goodness is not goodness that seeks advantage. Good is good in the final hour, in the deepest pit, without hope, without witness, without reward." --Nardole quoting River Song, /Doctor Who/, "Extremis" (written by Steven Moffat) :)

Uwk
    who hopes she does get some awesome award or title or something named after her as well :D
    Xillean, Rhodris, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  13. Karamella Well-Known Member

Reading about the passing of a good and beloved person always brings tears to my eyes. My deepest condolences to all who suffer from this loss,
    And I hope the Devs will indeed grant Cloud an everlasting memorial on all servers.
    Xillean, Cyrrena, Rosyposy and 3 others like this.
  14. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Aye, Cloudrat's travel dojo(s) are an excellent example of Service to the Community.
    One that ought be preserved, encouraged, & duplicated in each of us,...
    Rhodris, Dude, Cyrrena and 4 others like this.
  15. Katz Well-Known Member

She was a kind and generous person and we will miss her.
  16. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

as currently noted on Maj'Dul, the DEVs did acknowledge Cloudrat's contribution and approved the request for her travel dojo to be placed in the DEV Picks!!!
  17. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I wish the Devs would update Cloudrat's dojos with the travels items that have become available since she was unable to update. How about copying her travel dojo over to Rivervale, Devs?

Glad to hear that her dojo on Maj'Dul is now under Dev picks, and hope that her dojos on other servers will get the same treatment!
    Schmetterling, Xillean, Dude and 6 others like this.
  18. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Aw. Someone mentioned Cloud had passed. I had hoped it wasn't true. Thanks Cloudrat, for bring us all safe passage wherever our journeys led. May your family and friends have the deepest sympathies from a community who benefitted greatly from their presence.
    Argosunited, Xillean, Dude and 5 others like this.
  19. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Another thing to consider,...
    is to give Honor to those whom are still among us,...
    as after they depart,...
    is rather too late for them to know how you feel,....
  20. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Darkzypher, how should we mail you our note? As an in-game book, and if so on what server or as a mp here?

I've known Cloudrat for a very long time, being a Test Server old-timer and I had decorated a house for her back on Storms to give her a bit of Frostfell (I wonder on what server it ended up). I was devastated when I learned about her death and I will really miss her, her kindness and, obviously, her soapboxes!
    Argosunited, Xillean, Dude and 7 others like this.