Krono

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Beee, Nov 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avithax Well-Known Member

This word is not known in any of the Norrathian languages, please define.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Pixistik like this.
  2. Somerando New Member

If the people who are obviously exploiting for second hand sales are not caught soon there is going to be a huge hit in subs. Nobody who is earning plat the honest way is making enough to sustain 10 mil plat krono per month for sub plus keeping up with their toon.
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Well. Yes and no. Here's a breakdown of the guilds on RV at present.
    48 guilds in total.
    40 with 2 to 10 accounts (16 of which have less than 3 accounts)
    5 with 11 to 30 accounts
    3 with more than 30

I've been through 4 guilds, none of which have had more than 4 people active at a given time. Rather than a primary server for most, it seems this is an "alt" server.

The drastic krono price hike hasn't hit RV like the others - but there are a few listed on the broker at prices that are unobtainable to say the least. If there *was* a dupe, it hasn't been utilized here, or if it has - there hasn't been enough starter plat to make it worthwhile (i.e. duping 500p ) If the situation was to be monitored, this would be the server to watch. As it stands, a krono here is around 180k plat ( 2 listed) and the rest of them are 2m -3m.
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  4. Avithax Well-Known Member

You're complaining about people not making plat the honest way and in the same thread you advertise a website that facilitates the very act for cash. I'm sure DB has been aware of this for a long time.

I don't often call out individuals for reckless acts but in your case I will make an exception.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Zeddicious like this.
  5. Obano Well-Known Member

The plat is most likely coming from the Isle of Refuge server. I have learned recently that some players have over 1 billion plat which they got by selling raid gear through the isle of refuge broker. Items sell for 10 million plat all the time as part of that server's FREE-TRADE rule set. That is fine and all but the problem arises that people can transfer the plat from IoR to other servers.

Then after transferring they are using their massive plat stores to buy up the dragon bardings and kronos. This of course is driving up the price of everything.

The solution is to stop letting people transfer plat off of the Isle of Refuge. What happens on IoR should stay on IoR.

To reverse the hyperinflated economy the drop rate of the dragon event should be increased. Inflation happens when too much money is chasing too few goods and services. Increase the number of goods and it will balance out. It might also be a good time to have a Krono sale on black Friday.
  6. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Or Daybreak could implement a control algorithm like Blizzard has to keep the market from getting stupid.
  7. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Nice thought, will never happen. Likely 70-80% of DBG's current revenue is derived from shop sales.
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

In the beginning, IOR had zero plat. You couldn't transfer to IoR. You started at level 1.

Then a huge sale on transferring to IoR went into effect (500 dbc to move there) in order to stimulate the dwindling population.

When that didn't work, transfers off the server were permitted at full cost.

Put 2 and 2 together: I can move to IOR with my 15 years of accrued plat, buy the things I need to be relevant in the game and then move back in 30 days. Ez pz lemon squeezy.

The plat didn't /start/ on IoR. It was brought there from abroad.

If I sell some goods for 10 million plat on IoR, its because someone once brought it over there to buy stuff. There weren't enough loyalty tokens ever to create the IoR "billion plat" industry that it is....
  9. Avithax Well-Known Member

Most games employ an educated economist to monitor and maintain the in-game currency. I am fairly sure DB doesn't think such a position is necessary. Any first year student could straighten out this economy in a very short time.

Want to soak a ton of excess plat out of the game? Make uber items that make the current content like whiffleball and flood the broker with them. In 30 days every copper spent on the stuff will be outdated by 10 levels and not even take the same type of runes. (Remember Reactant gear when the market was suddenly flooded with Colossal Reactants at the end of the expac??)
  10. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Or it could just be FTP folks are buying Krono to take advantage of double XP.
  11. Observing Active Member

Lets look at the timeline

Jan: 1.9
    Feb: 1.9
    Early Mar: 2.0
    16 Mar: Kaladim, Nagafen launch
    23 Mar: 2.25
    27 Mar: 2.5
    April: 2.5 - 2.7
    June: about 3
    July: about 3
    Aug: about 3, occasionally as low as 2.5
    Sep: about 3
    Oct: about 3, usually no lower than 2.9
    Nov 5th: 3.3 - 3.5; new expansion announced, new server
    Nov 8th: 4.0
    Nov 9-15: Panic and speculation swinging between 5-9. If you bought in quantity under 7M, you made bank
    Nov 16: 9, sometimes down to 7-8
    Nov 17: 9-10
    Supply very tight, massive hoarding or transferred to other games?
    14 kronos on Maj under 20M
    10 kronos on AB under 11M
    9 kronos on Skyfire under 12M
    6 kronos on IOR, total
    4 kronos on HOF under 18M
    That is not enough for even two raids worth of people to subscribe for a month.
    Is it people uisng kronos to play on Rivervale? Evidence says Rivervale is a flop, so no.
    Is is people using kronos to play KOS on Kaladim? Kaladim launched on Mar 16. It took until May for kronos to creep up to 3M, so no
    Is it spiking on Rivervale? No, so probably not a current exploit.

I think that a few key people were hoarding plat and decided to switch to hoarding kronos. Not sure of the reason, but they bought enough to push kronos up from 3M to about 3.6M. They didn't keep the volume low enough so it caused a panic. Other people saw the fast rising prices and decided to weight heavy on kronos over plat. And it has spiraled out of control. 9-10M kronos are here to stay, with a good deal being in the 8's. If the default UI let you sell for more than 9,999,999p, they might be even higher.

There is some supply shock. If 67% of regular cash krono buyers left the game or found nothing worth buying with their krono-derived plat, then the krono price would triple. With the impending obsolescence of 101-110 masters, CD gear, and orange adorns, and no new tradeable ethereal coins: what is a person to spend plat on? Just Dragonstuff Barding of the Potent? Master prices are definitely trending downwards.

I would say no new exploit, small demand uptick and small supply drop, followed by market panic and speculation.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Harington like this.
  12. Raff Well-Known Member

If I buy a Krono, I always put a price on it for quite a bit less for a quick sell. I don't really care who buys it or what they do with it. Hoard all the pretend currency you want, lol.
  13. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Krono price should have been controlled by DBG to some degree. The higher the in-game price, the less people buy it for plat and for real money, less income for DBG.

Once again, a great idea was implemented badly. Judging from the amount of money one can make playing the game without spending hours and days farming something, I'd say Krono should be around 1 ml. The curent price is ridiculous.
    Soara2 likes this.
  14. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I'd say Krono should be around 5 ml.
    Soara2 likes this.
  15. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Daybreak won't lose income from people who want a sub. They can simply sub directly for $15/month.
  16. Laaw Well-Known Member

8mil is absurd, not worth the work to get it. oh well. pay for xpac and krono's triple in price lol
  17. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Krono costs 17-18$,depending on the package, so yes DBG loses at least 2-3$ for every person who subscribes directly; even more since some subscription plans are 13, 12, or 10 $ per month.

They also lose people who would buy a Krono for in-game money if the price was reasonable, but would not subscribe otherwise.
    Soara2 and Laaw like this.
  18. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Daybreak subscriptions are recurring so they can make an extra month or more for people who are unfamiliar with cancelling.

dreamweaver
    Edited String - While lots of us know about the site, lets stay away from possibly sending people that don't to it.

I don't think serious players (not casual) and raiders will let their sub lapse solely because Krono are out of reach in game. There's too much downside to FTP - losing prestige gear, barter function, travel anywhere, bonuses, etc. (FTP is actually much more manageable on EQ1 than EQ2).
    Soara2 likes this.
  19. Laaw Well-Known Member

who's going to ftp.. well into 2020 but won't worry about second acct beyond feb. 2020 just limits game play. just those who pay to play, will lose out. :p
  20. Observing Active Member

It will be interesting to see how much the higher Krono prices effect the new expansion. 10M for 111-120 masters?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.