A question about expansions

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Songsblade, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Songsblade Member

Hi..i'm thinking of coming back to EQ2 and recently came back and re-rolled a character. I'm just wondering if still is the case of if I were to buy the latest expansion, the past ones will be included also?
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Fensy New Member

You'll get the past expansion first you need to sell your house, car, kids, friends, and soul to get your toon on par with anyone else.
    Hartsmith and Soara2 like this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

How about an honest answer? Yes, you get the whole world of Norrath. You may still need to purchase things like the ability to use Mercenaries separately, however. I'm not sure on that one.
    Hartsmith, Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  4. Xianthia Well-Known Member

If you purchase Blood of Luclin (currently in beta), you will get all prior content expansions. Including mercenary feature.
    You won't get features (bl, freeblood, etc.) those have to be purchased separately.
    Welcome back, safe travels to you in Norrath!
    Dude, Harington, Soara2 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Songsblade Member

Hi to all that answered..thank you for the answer. I was hoping that would be the case and chances are i might just buy it. When i first started out, i did buy some of the features. Right now since coming back, i'm having to relearn a fair bit. Again, thank you for your help.
    Siren, Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Nuther Tatertot hater :rolleyes:
    Siren, Soara2, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

If in game, you can type in your chat box /show_account_features and it will show you what expansions and features, such as mercenaries, reforging, beastlords, etc you may have purchased already.
    Harington, Siren, Hartsmith and 5 others like this.
  8. Songsblade Member

Thanks for the advise. I just bought the latest expansion so I should be good for abit. Now comes relearning the keys and how to play. I'm less a raider and more a pve/explorer :)
    Siren, Soara2, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  9. Songsblade Member

Sorry..one more thing..when i pre-ordered the new expansion, am i supposed to get the activation code now or later when the expansion releases in December?
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  10. Pumpkin Member

There is no activation code. Your account is flagged that you purchased the expansion. You can verify this by looking in your /claim and seeing a level 110 bauble and you should have immediate access to the new pet.. For BETA access, you need to download/config your launcher for the BETA server and do the prerequisite quests.
    Hartsmith, Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  11. Songsblade Member

Nope..i just logged in and i don't my account/character tagged as having the latest expansion.
    Soara2 likes this.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

To access the beta, you need to close the launcher, then relaunch the launcher, then click the crossed hammer and wrench icon on the mid-left side, then choose select game version, then choose beta from the drop down menu. This will have the launcher create a beta file in your EQ2 directory and download all the files into it. If you wish to make this a much faster process, prior to relaunching the launcher, you can open your EQ2 file, make a new file inside the EQ2 file named Beta, then copy the Music File and the file named Paks into the new Beta file you just created. Then relaunch the launcher, select the crossed hammer and wrench on the mid-left side, then choose select game version, then choose beta from the drop down menu. By creating the beta folder and copying the music and paks folders into it, you have done the bulk of the work and save a ton of time. I learned all of this from Sigrdrifa!!!

To use one of your existing characters on beta, you must log that character into the live server and type into your chat box /beta. I do not think there is a limit as to how many characters you can copy.
    Soara2, Breanna and Dude like this.
  13. Songsblade Member

Hi all,
    Thanks for the advise but I just got an email from daybreak customer service that finance didn't receive my payment even though PayPal said it went through. Been trying all day to see if i can purchase it again but yeah..sigh..
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  14. Songsblade Member

Thanks for the help :) but I'm not really looking to try the beta. I want it to be a surprise for myself when I log in.
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  15. Breanna Well-Known Member

But it's a surprise when you do Beta too LOL It's just a surprise a month or so early :D
    Soara2, Siren and Cyrrena like this.
  16. Fensy New Member

I like tatertots, with chili and cheese. When I buy them, I actually get what I paid for.
  17. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

You got what you paid for, the value of it is almost always different for each individual..but you got exactly what you paid for.
    Soara2, Siren, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  18. Fensy New Member

If you are making a reference to eq2, I can name several things that you are supposed to get and you don't. Nothing like cheese tots
    Soara2 and Pixistik like this.
  19. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Sure, name them please
    Soara2, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  20. Fensy New Member

Good customer support
    Servers with people on them
    Freedom of speech
    A quality product
    Fair gameplay
    None bias staffs that don't ban people for no reasons
    Remotely up to date graphics
    Servers than can run more than 50 people without lagging
    A company that doesn't play on people's addictive nature to spend money on their product while they give you none of the above

Basically every reason why other big name mmorpgs make alot of money..yet this one has lost sooo many people, and soo many servers, and ban soo many people, and is soo out of date, and abuses the mental status of it's player base
    Hartsmith likes this.