Mini FALL ROAD TRIP 2019

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Cyrrena, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Tons! If my (very quick; 15 countries in 31 days) European tour was any indication, the longer an area's been populated, the more historical sites it usually has to offer. :)

Uwk
    Rosyposy, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thought about it seriously, then read how on the Internet there's a new fad for "love spells" made with dead humming bird corpses (for real. Highly, highly, HIGHLY illegal, and I can't think of a single real, serious shaman or herbal healer who would even suggest it as a thing :(), and so left them alone and just admired them. :)

Besides, the li'l buggers are way too fast for big axe-wielding paws... :-/

Uwk
    who really does admire them...and their bug-eating habits, too (how else do you think they feed the hatchlings, by spitting up nectar into their beaks? Nah...and they build their li'l palm-of-the-hand sized nests using spider webs that, ah -- aren't in use any more...) ;->
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Dec. 7th...I'm sure Ttobey will have some pithy quip about "a date which will live in infamy." ;->

Thanks so much for all the incredible souvenirs, Cy! Especially the orrery, it's stunning! :D But why is that one 5-letter term asterisked out? :(

Uwk
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I sort of kind of have one; it's an old flip phone and only makes phone calls...and would take pictures, if my SIM card wasn't full up. I have to get a cable thing from Amazon.com to finally plug it into my computer and download all of it; at one point, I had (hope it's still there) a picture of Sally Ride when she was in the area for a book signing. :)

It may not have all the bells, whistles, sirens, air horns, etc. of smart phones, but I'll tell ya all this for nothing: it's really really sturdy. I have no fear of dropping it. ;->

Uwk
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

right on big kitty friend I am one of those who still owns one of those dino phones too . Used to be people would brag how small
    their cell phone was and laugh about those with big ones .
    now with the screen they have to be bigger again I like my little flip phone , all I really use it for is to ignore those pesky
    telephone sales people who want to sell you a second lung or a house in a swamp ( unless your a frog )
    if I want to do anything more serious I get a tablet , at least I can see what's on that screen and I don't need a magnifying glass.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Which 5 letter term is that? Oh!!!! That was not a term, that was a ***** look here for the matching ***** for a description, because originally the Orrery was the first thing on the list. I eventually moved it to the bottom but didn't remove the *****.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I am still of the ilk that if someone really wants to talk to me, they can wait until I get back to the house and if I really need to talk to someone, I will call them before I leave the house or when I get back to the house. And I laugh now, because its all about getting a bigger and bigger phone. Look at all those people in their skinny jeans that barely fit their behinds and their $700 phone is sliding out of their back pockets while they walk because their pants are to tight.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I never did post a picture of the Orrery, but I don't know how to post pictures, so I will post a YouTube video. This is almost identical, the only differences are, the Orrerys that I ordered all have glass domes and have hand cranks as well as batteries.

9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Once I saw a model of what they think the antikathera mechanism looks like assembled... but I couldn't afford it.

$4,000, not including shipping. All metal.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

this one has a dome , I saw it being taken of , I can not imagine it not having a cover with all those tiny parts , they would get dusty and this little marvel would easily break .
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

LOL! I've done that, with different symbols...and with the really oddly touchy "bad word detector" we have here, it could've been something totally innocent. ;->

Uwk
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

My main problem nowadays is I made the mistake of putting down my mobile phone number on donation web pages ('cause I thought it was required) and now my minutes keep getting gobbled up by texts and picture sends from these various organizations. :-/

If I knew how to block various senders, I would, but it's probably some obscure code somewhere; *GETLOST or something. ;->

Uwk
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And the screen breaks when that happens, so lo and behold, you have to get a new $700 phone... ;->

Uwk
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That's what squeeze bulbs full of air are for. :)

Uwk
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

It was a sad, sad day for all of us when the DO NOT CALL list was for all intents and purposes negated. The Spousal Units minutes are eaten up as well with texts and calls from people he does not know and has never asked for him to call or text him.
  16. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round, what a nice ride, and WAIT ! Good Grief the bus is dissolving and we are over a lava river!! Ka PLOOP! There goes EwwwKitty, he may have survived hanging onto that bridge but Breanna stomped on his fingers. I'm getting out of here, she has murder in her eyes once again!
  17. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

-the ghost of hartay haunts this thread, as he was pushed in front of a bus by Breanna-
  18. Breanna Well-Known Member

SIGH!!!!!!
  19. Breanna Well-Known Member

Really???? You too now. What did I every to do deserve you guys to me such meanie heads. I'm gonna go cry now.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I was wondering...what happened? :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.