Add ultra rare chase item(s) to Efiusia and Banyun.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Benito, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

It looks like the vast majority of players prefer to kill the dragons over doing the tradeskill quest. The dragon loot is much better in stats and broker-able. Players are selling the dragons' corpses mats on broker too. There should be a draw or incentive to work the TS side.

The devs should add (a) ultra rare chase item(s) like a mythical familiar (e.g. dragon model familiar with stats equivalent to top familiars) as a possible tradeskill quest reward. An item like a familiar would also distinguish itself from the dragon killing side by filling a different aspect of the game - a familiar over merc and mount gear. The drop rate could be 1 in 10,000 but you would have much more excitement for the TS line.

It has also been suggested that people are saving their mats for higher progress/monument tier. By adding a special ultra rare item like a mythical familiar, players will put forward an immediate effort to craft.

I hope this may be regarded as an earnest suggestion and a adaptation for player behavior. Otherwise, a wonderful event. Thank you!

Edit: Perhaps, Efiusia and Banyun already have ultra rares but I have seen no reports of it.
    Zartayn, Juraiya, Korochun and 2 others like this.
  2. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Having done both the kill the dragon and doing TS crafting to build the monument for three solid days before my back gave out yesterday and forced a temporary halt to playing, I can share these observations:

1. Loot appears to be about the same regardless of which version (adv/ts) you do in terms of types of mount loot. Killing dragon seems to yield better versions of mount gear.
    2. I doubt people are saving their harvests for higher monument progress. Currently, monument progress is .08% to L2. At this progression rate, the monument will likely be finished....never.
    2. TS only yields mount gear. When you can get this gear by killing dragons, why bother? This is especially true since dragons also give you adept scrolls for ascension, nice merc armor or accolades.
    3. If there was supposed to be an incentive to encourage monument building, it's currently escaping me. TSing should offer rewards you can't get by killing dragons. If you want to stick to just mount rewards, that's fine--but consider throwing in the other mount equipment to encourage interest and participation. Add the occasional scrolls, greater fragments, merc gear or accolades or some enticement to actually do the TSing, because atm, I can't see a single reason to do the TSing. There's simply no incentive--at least not for a 110 adv/ts character.
    4. Anchorage offered a great opportunity to get status, solid recipes, etc. I'm not sure what the goal of having the TSing part of this event was, because in my opinion, there's simply no reward for participating in it, which is a shame. The fact that few people are participating would suggest many of the players concur. Revamp the rewards so players are encouraged to participate in what should be a server wide event.
    Cyrrena, Laaw and Juraiya like this.
  3. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I made this comment before. Gninja came back with that the rewards MAY get better (the emphasis on "may" is mine), and that there MIGHT be a reason to do it from the beginning. But nothing solid, and yes, I agree with you; there's no incentive to actually do the tradeskill quests.

Personally, I *love* the merc gear from the dragons, and am trying to get a full set of at least dragonscale for each character at 100 or up. I'm ignoring the TS quests because tedious, and no real reward.

I really think the current devs just assume tradeskillers do it because they love it so much, even without rewards. I also don't think that any of the current devs really understands tradeskillers.
    Cyrrena and Zartayn like this.
  4. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

The dragons seem to be giving out far more master spells/ascension scrolls than anything that's come before in CD, so there's that to be said for the relentless laggy grind too. You don't get that from the TS quests.
    Cyrrena and Juraiya like this.
  5. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I know, right? I've gotten a bunch, and NONE are duplicates! I'm going to have fun right after this is over, scribing the ones that I can right away!
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Maybe Gninja meant rewards will get better "in May," haha, because if it wasn't introduced now, it's not likely to happen between now and launch--there's simply too much going on. And by then, it will be too late.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Gninja Developer

I said "may" because its setup to give better rewards as it progresses. If no one progresses it, then it may not get there. The code that speeds up progress if you fall behind still requires folks to be running the missions to get the progress. It will not do it on its own.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I dunno, the rewards starting out really are not worth the time involved for me..an hour + of steady beating on one mob with 40+ people for a piece of merc gear that I can only use on one character is just...
    I think the gear is nice so I am not complaining, but theres a whole lot of other gaming I could be doing vs killing one mob...mileage may vary I guess, but its not worth waiting for some sped up hidden progress for me.

I guess I am just saying I think you devs set the bar too high and I do not find it fun.
    Happy 15th ;-)
    Juraiya and Rhodris like this.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

@ Gninja

I was in Antonica on AB yesterday doing the TS portion for about 90 minutes until I ran out of Dragon Parts and it was still only at 0.02%. to L2.

Can we at least get an invisible temporary Dragon Parts and monument crafting bag like our invisible harvesting bag? With about 60 slots? Pretty please? The bag only holds the event stuff for monument crafting the fuel, the dragon parts, etc and disappears when the event is over.

This would make it so much easier to collect en masse and then go craft en masse.

And can these items be crafted and then just accept and turn in, accept and turn in? Or do you have to accept, go craft, turn in, accept, go craft, turn in?

I was doing the later and it takes much longer doing it that way.
    Breanna and Juraiya like this.
  10. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I would second this notion. I crafted for 2 days solid with some breaks to give a bad back some respite. Went back today after a day of rest and it had progressed .1% towards L2. There was no one there crafting at all. The last couple of days there were 2 or 3 people crafting. Compared to the Anchorage instance earlier this year, progress is non-existent. And unfortunately, you can't mass craft for multiple turn-ins. It's one quest per 1 crafted item. People simply aren't going to put any effort forward regardless of what the perceived carrot might be when the rewards don't compare to what they get doing the adventure part of the dragon. People are logical for the most part...why expend effort when I might get something better, when I'm not getting anything valued I can't get faster doing something else right now.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  11. Observing Active Member

No server is going to be able to progress this beyond level 1 so people's complaints are 100% valid.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  12. Gninja Developer

I would agree if it did not have script built in that speeds up progress if the event falls behind how much time is left. That just doesn't mean it will increase progress contributed without turning in items.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  13. Rarkevan Active Member

You just want to see the needle move some every day. Steady progress would keep the hamsters at it more I think.
    It's demoralizing otherwise and time's getting more sparse and precious for all of us as we RL age now and have families and careers and homes to maintain, and kids to raise etc.. After trying a few days I don't have it prioritized any longer.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  14. Occam Well-Known Member

Considering that at the current speed it will take us 71 WEEKS to get to level 2, I hope it speeds up significantly! :p
    Cyrrena, Observing and Juraiya like this.
  15. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

At least when I toiled away at building the druid rings, I saw progress go up every hour or so. I pretty much single handedly built the Stonebrundt ring because the rest of the server had lost interest, so I saw plenty of progress over a few days.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  16. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I think the point is, why don't you improve the rewards so that there is some incentive.

EDIT: Let me explain. It isn't like, doing five of these gives you the equivalent of one dragon fight, which would be approximately the same amount of time. It's that these give you GARBAGE, that you don't want in the first place. The rewards don't even COMPARE to what you get from fighting the dragons. Therefore, absolutely no incentive to do them.
    Carynn likes this.
  17. Kilar Active Member

I am afraid I have to agree about being a little demoralised doing this monument. I participated in building the Griffon Towers (so long ago now) and the race was on with the crafters to see who could contribute the most. Well I got my Model griffon tower and guess what? It's not unique anymore, everyone can get one.

Although I have been crafting all the materials I have received from killing the dragons the lack of people helping build the monuments and the lack of decent rewards is a big turn off. I even have max faction now which enabled me to get the mount and the plushie, I don't really want anything else. I bought some of the building blocks but when I saw what they looked like I deleted them (Just me I expect I do no like the texture on them). I have also deleted all of the saddles that I go as rewards as I only received low lvl ones as opposed to Fabled & Mythical from killing Dragons.

I will however continue to help with monuments if for the only reason they give reasonable xp and as a returning player help me to lvl up my Crafts.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  18. Sious Member

the parts needed to build can only be harvested from dragons right ?
    I killed 4 of them yesterday and maybe got enough to do 3-5 quests before i ran out of materials.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  19. Bludd Well-Known Member

pro-tip: put on harvesting gear so you get bountiful harvests from each time you pull the dragon, as it were
    Cyrrena and Dude like this.
  20. Praisead New Member

I agree with Sious. The harvest parts are not there even with harvest gear on. The way I see it, is it takes too long to harvest what you need. The main thing for mine are the flawless dragon scales and the chunks of dragon meat. It takes the whole day to harvest enough of those, especially of those (and the bloods ). I can't play all day long just to get maybe 20 combines. Maybe if you put in an NPC that could exchange the things you don't use and trade them for ones that you do. That way everything you harvest would work and all the tradeskillers would benefit from each other.
    Udonn, Juraiya and Cyrrena like this.