No Fix Planned This account is in use... + /camp <character select> not working properly

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Test Taffies, Oct 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Test Taffies Active Member

When I do this in game all responds as it should, the character camps.
    Then the system searches for the new character and it seems to find it the issue is when it is time to come back into the game the system dumps me to character selection instead. This has been on going for me personally for about 3 months now.
    Nunja, Doobius40504, Morukta and 30 others like this.
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I've had a similar issue ever since Kaladim opened. I use DarqUI; during the week I used the default, I did not have any /camp issues.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I've had that issue myself, but it's been random when it occurs. I've never used anything other than the Blue Default, then the Red (very briefly), then chose the Blue again and kept to that, so no real custom UIs.

Uwk
    Geroblue, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  4. Test Taffies Active Member

I had the same problems with my darqui turned off last week and using the default only. So now I may have to do the dreaded clean install and see if that helps. Thanks for the infos as I will give it a try.
    Geroblue and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Test Taffies Active Member

Update - and hopefully daybreak will take a look at this: I reinstalled everything to a new folder on my drive. I loaded the default blue ui because I prefer that to the wine colored one if I use the default. However I log unto a character, I still dump to character select after I /camp <character name>

So I tried something else, out of curiosity my spouse logged onto his account (same computer, same new install location, same default blue ui) and he/we were repeatedly able to /camp <character name> on his account.

So it makes me wonder if it has to do 'not' with which ui I'm using but the amount of alts I have, however, none of my alts has the same name as another except perhaps from live to test and test is its own folder within the system folder and it should not matter. Because I adjusted/deleted characters so that none of the names were the same because I got tired of this situation when I had two character same name, different servers and it would dump to character select. It simply should not be doing this. this never used to occur. So why now?
    Geroblue and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Melomebe New Member

I am also having a problem with the /camp <character Name> (which sends me to the Character Select Screen every time) but only on one of my 3 accounts. I also cannot select a character from the launch pad and have that character enter the world. It takes me to the Character Select Screen every time. This has been going since three patches ago. I also have done a complete, full install. I was working with CSR and they tried using my account and it did not work for them either. Odd that my other two accounts work fine.
  7. Cerium New Member

I have had characters that had this problem. It boils down to how old the character is and how much stuff it has in houses, banks and dungeons. The more stuff you have the longer it takes the character to load and it fails after a certain point. That is why it works with certain characters and not others.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Remember liking the first post pushes it further up the list.
  9. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

It also happens for me on new characters who don't have anything much yet.
  10. Tkia Well-Known Member

Conversely I've recently been bouncing in and out of my oldest character, even across servers, without any problems. And believe me, she's a pack-rat and accomplished quester and has LOADS of stuff :)
  11. Svenone Well-Known Member

I have had occasional issues like this ever since they changed the camp timer from 30 seconds to 20 seconds. It seems the current DB software just isn't quite fast enough to finish camping out in 20 seconds on a consistent basis.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I've always had it camping me in 20 seconds, as far back as I can remember. I don't remember taking 30 seconds to /camp, but I'm getting this issue, too, where I try to leave the game (like I'm late getting out the door in RL) and trust it will do what it's supposed to and "boot" me properly. :-/

Uwk
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  13. Grumpy_Warrior It's a KILT, dang it!

I remember 30 seconds to camp, but in truth I don't think the game needs anything like 20 seconds to camp. IIRC back when it changed to 20, one of the developers commented that camp times were artificially longer to prevent exploits.
    Soara2 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

"Exploits"? Seriously?? What kind of exploits?? Like the excuse when WE get booted out because of something the GAME did, and we try to get back in from Character Select, it jumps all over us and shrieks, "YOU ALREADY HAVE A CHARACTER IN THE GAME, YOU EVIL PIECE OF TRASH! GET OUT!! NEVER DARKEN OUR DOORWAY AGAIN, SCUM!" even though it wasn't our fault? :-/

Uwk
  15. Grumpy_Warrior It's a KILT, dang it!

Haha maybe... crashes are a different story. You notice when you click "Exit without camping" it takes just a couple of seconds, which I think is all the game needs to talk to the server. Logging in or zoning on the other hand, that takes a lot longer. Watching the hard drive light I'm pretty sure it needs that 10 seconds or so to load up all the graphics, etc. All pure speculation on my part though.
  16. Breanna Well-Known Member

I was told back when and I'm not sure if its true or not, but when you exit without camping your character actually stays in the game for a few seconds even though it's closed down on your end.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Right, which is why they want you to get to a "safe area" before you /camp, or they bring it down for maintenance, or whatever. /nod

Uwk
    who's always had issues with things like that, when the game thinks you're in-game, but your monitor's clueless... :-/
    Soara2, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  18. Test Taffies Active Member

This issue is still a regular occurrence for me, my spouse he logs in, he camps to another character just fine, on same machine, same particular launchpad game location. So the only thing I can think of, is that alts confuse the system? Not sure, but it is frustrating when I want to cycle through characters for harvests and santa glug gifties among other things something that used to take a simple camp <character> now take much longer because I have to camp character watch my machine do every thing normally and when its time for the next character to be sent to the game, it sits at character select. So do the amount of ALTS make that much of a difference? I used to think it was duplicate names of alts on different servers that did it, I made sure that all my characters have unique names. So that is NOT it. /em *sigh* now off to report a new problem found, since expansion release. Enjoy your day and Happy Frostfell y'all!
  19. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Still happening for me, too, @Test Taffies. I messaged Darq about the issue. He had several suggestions, none of which worked for me. However, he also suggested that it may be caused by the number of toons on an account. It seems to be worse for me the first time I log in after a patch.

The weird thing is that it did NOT happen the week we used the default UI, but removing the files from DarqUI that affect login does not fix the problem. (And no, I am not going to use the default UI!)
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Usually, the only time I run across that kind of issue now (winding up at Character Select instead of the next character I /camped to) is when I mess up with the actual name, like in my haste to get to the next one for Santa Glug gifties (literally seconds count when you have this many alts :-/) I accidentally brush the ] or ' or / keys on my way to the Enter key. Another reason why I wish the commands we enter would actually linger somehow on the Chat Channel; is there a way to do that? :-/

And when I wind up at Character Select for choosing to /camp to the oddly-named toon Desktop is somewhat random...but I have to admit, the new backdrop for that is purty! :D

Uwk
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.