Conjuror heroic boost help

Discussion in 'Mages' started by TheManxomeFoe, Nov 9, 2019.

1. TheManxomeFoe New Member

I preordered Blood of Luclin yesterday, and I figured I'd use the level 110 heroic boost on a new, low-leveled character instead of a high-leveled one in order to get the biggest bang for my buck. In retrospect, this may not have been a good idea.
    I created and played a conjuror up to about level 20 with no issues, but after I applied the boost I've been struggling like crazy. I made sure I had the highest level spells on my hotbar, and set out with my pet and my merc to fight an encounter of three level 110vv2 mobs and I was doing such little damage that it took me nearly 20 minutes to down them all.
    I never spent much time playing the mage classes in the past, so perhaps my problems come from not understanding the playstyle and mechanics? I can't remember having this issue with an encounter of a similar caliber, even with undergeared characters.
    What am I doing wrong, and how can I fix it?
  2. Daelini Active Member

Silly question but - did you happen to pick up the armor and equipment from either the Panda (Daring Adventure stuff - Bold whatever...I can't remember) or from the lockbox in Myrist? If you have all of that gear and your spells are around expert (easily crafted) then maybe someone else will have an answer for you.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You need some things for that conjy.

First, you need at least 65K Potency to do anything useful, and that's hard to get. You also want lots of Crit Bonus and Resolve. And a lot of Spell Doublecast. To do Expert Heroics you need 1910 Resolve and at least 90K POT. Crit Bonus and Fervor are also important.

I just started a new level-boosted 110 channeler, put her in Mastercrafted armor and jewelry,and started with the adorns from Tishan's Lockbox in the Myrist lobby (you can't see the adorns when the items are in the box, get one of everything and remove the adorns and figure out what you need... the helm has a Planar Adorn of Potency, for example). You will want to upgrade all these to Celestial versions ASAP.

People can craft the level [VII] runes of Juxtaposition, Glory, Witness, and Championship. Also most Celestial white adorns. But before you do that, go do the Panda Quests (near the spire in Sundered Frontier) all the way through and get the Daring set of white adorns and the best cyan adorns from the Panda merchant. You'll want mostly Crit Bonus, with adorns for Health in a couple of places, etc. Orange Celestial runes drop in CD instances, even solos (though they're more common in heroics). Run solos to upgrade!

Second, you need to get the Epic 2.0 spells, and get them upgraded. At least upgrade the Planeswalker as far as possible. If you do the Chaos Descending Signature Quest Line, you will be given the apprentice versions of the 2.0 spells. To upgrade, you will need rares harvested from Obulus Frontier and Fragments of Planar Energy (these drop from the Obulus Frontier PQ, and also can be gotten from the Cobalt crates they're selling in the Marketplace... it took me a 20-pack to get four Greater Frags). Specifically, you'll need:
    • Journeyman and Adept each require: 1 Lesser or Superior Fragment of Planar Energy, 1 Leathery Shadeleaf, 1 Luclinite, 1 Shadebark, 200 Thaumic Incense.
    • Expert and Master each require: 1 Superior or Greater Fragment of Planar Energy, 2 Shadebark, 2 Shadeweave Root, 2 Leathery Shadeleaf, 200 Thaumic Incense.
    • Grandmaster requires: 1 Greater Fragment of Planar Energy, 3 Shadow Quartz, 3 Luclinite, 3 Shadowstone Ore, 200 Thaumic Incense.
    • Ancient requires: 1 Greater Fragment of Planar Energy, 3 Shadow Quartz, 3 Shadowstone Ore, 1 Leathery Shadeleaf, 200 Thaumic Incense.
    Beee and Breanna like this.
  4. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Game requirements are to steep for new players, nobody runs Obulus Frontier PQ's anymore and it takes a raid force pretty much to run it, same can be said about the rest of the older PQs...so since you cant find others that will run these boring time sinks then what are you left with?
    Spending even more money to get access to the same things vets have is NOT the answer.
    Its a very poor design for a game this old and they will continue to bleed customers unless they find a way to fix these problems.
    If they do nothing else they should hire someone who's only job is to find a way to fix this.
    Carynn likes this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I've been soloing the OF PQ on my warlock and conjuror for about a year. You can also get one or two people to assist. Only one of you picks up the quest at a time to start it, you clean it out in under 5 minutes, the next person gets the quest, and you can run it again in 30 minutes. I usually run around and aggro everything, then use Etherflash to kill all the mobs. I do sometimes have to get the guys on the backside individually.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Of course you do your a vet...you completely miss the point.
    For a new player the requirements are to high without holding their hands the whole way or dragging them along with you.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Obulus Frontier is two expansions back, so just ask in chat if anyone else wants to farm the PQ for potential Fragments if you can't solo it. I could solo it from the start, since Etherflash and Implosion are big bangs.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Dont spend any time or effort upgrading ur planeswalker without any sort of confirmation about the next expansion and what pet they intend for summoners to use. Upgrading Conflagration is totally worth it though. It triples fire seed damage from apprentice to expert and increases fervor by targets by a small amount. The damage increase alone is worth the huzzle.

Also dont bother actually playing the game currently. Anything other than doing some TS quest lines and getting epic 2.0 spells is a waste of time with a total gear reset. You can do missions for status too since the obscene prices for stuff will most likely continue, but wait until Tuesday for the double status. Since you boosted your char, you will get a 110 TS boost when Luclin releases, so leveling your TS would also be a waste of time, unless you want to use it on another character.

At this point, dont bother upgrading to expert either for your profession spells, unless you have a group or can somehow find a PUG that still wants to do T1 T2 heroic or if you have a guild that still raids CD.

TLDR;

Do CD quest line for epic 2.0, upgrade Conflagration, Do missions from Tuesday for status and level mining for rares come Luclin. Wait for words about planeswalker.
    Beee and Pixistik like this.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Why is it worth it to upgrade ONE of the two Epic 2.0 spells but not the other?
  10. Beee Well-Known Member

Planswalker does not level beyond lv 110 .. so it's useless (if they do not change it)
    dirgenoobforreal likes this.
  11. TheManxomeFoe New Member

Thanks for all the responses everyone :)
    I guess I'm just really surprised by how under leveled you are after using the boost. I certainly wasn't expecting to be raid-ready or anything, but I figured I'd be able to fight some of the easy solo mobs for the Heroes Festival quest without it turning into a 20 minute battle of attrition.
  12. Goezer Master of Crayons

Caith10/07/2019
    About the Planeswalker. Yes there will be new pets. Yes Planeswalker will still be an important thing to have/use.

A ton of things in beta aren't tweaked as of yet, but it was asked and already answered about Planeswalker being important. So I would level it if you can get your hands on the needed materials.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Aaand... Conflagration is also not increasing in level.

I'd say level both Epic 2.0 spells if you do nothing else.
  14. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Sometimes I really do wonder if you even play this game.

Currently on beta planeswalker does not level up to past 110, thus its effectiveness declines for every level a mob is above level 110 and it wont even be able to hit raid mobs. Conflagration still increases fire seed damage no matter what level you are. It will just increase the damage of the new tier of fire seed instead.

Telling someone he should just level his planeswalker when the next expansion is in 3 weeks on a brand new character just doesn't make sense currently. At least not until developers have confirmed weither or not summoners should use the new pets or if the epic 2.0 pet will continuously be updated to match new content. If they do confirm that epic 2.0 will be updated, obviously, any summoner should upgrade their epic 2.0 but until then its better to use the mats and efforts on upgrading Conflagration, which will still be useful.
  15. Tabri Well-Known Member

I just came back to game a few weeks ago and I have not done anything with the planeswalker pet because they announced the new expansion and spells being replaced shortly after I got back. My planeswalker is still apprentice although I did the epic line until it told me to do old heroics and a raid then I stopped.

I am now on beta and have not used the planeswalker pet at all it does not level past 110 Im level 118 on beta and have received 3 new pets like it always has been before, a mage, tank, and scout pet all with new skins. I have been using the regular scout pet even though I would rather use the mage because it seems he is doing way more dps than the mage. I personally am not going to do anything with the planeswalker pet until they state it will be used for anything, right now its useless which doesnt bother me any I like my regular pets anyway.
    Pixistik likes this.